Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 – Updates

Viewing 25 replies - 1,051 through 1,075 (of 1,184 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@tofugu – Are you using Beta 3 or RC1 from the plugin branch?

@folgerj – The only donations I’m looking for are testers and contributors. :) For launch, there will probably be some auto-page creation to get the most common ones up and running right away.

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

Well I would be happy to test it further, the plugin says its bbPress is forum software with a twist from the creators of WordPress. Version 2.0-beta-3

This is a plugin straight from the wordpress site I looked over the release page but I’m not sure I wanted to take a chance killing what I had…

But I can take a look at putting the files directly onto the server which is the way we used to do it. I just haven’t done it that way since they made the auto update so damn functional…

So yes I would be happy to test it out since I don’t have much into mine as of now… I noticed it did get indexed in Google for several keywords and that made me real happy… Love that SEO…

Thanks for the update, and that too in detail

Beta 3: bbPress 2.0-beta-3b

Should I be using RC1? If so, is upgrading as easy as replacing plugin folder (i hope i hope i hope!) :D

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

@tofugu

Upgrading is that simple… Just delete the content of the folder and replace it with the files from Trac.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/branches/plugin/

venividi
    Participant

@venividi

I migratee my old bbpress 1.03 to new bbpress plugin with full of fear of losing my data or having something unexpected.

I like the new one after all. Thanks JJJ.

I’ve one question: How to change thread order?

The thread shows newer on the top, older on the bottom. How to changer to the reverse order?

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

I’m now using 2.0 RC-1 but the backend doesn’t look all that different. Are there other plugins needed for further functionality?

I’d like to see a login or register right out front and maybe I’m just implementing this wrong as part of my blog.

http://www.jeff-foliage.com and it’s halfway down the right side with options for forum topics and conversations.

Also what themes natively support BBpress?

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

@folgerj

There aren’t any plugins which interact directly with bbPress 2.0 as of yet, but they’ll probably pop up as soon as 2.0 goes gold.

What kind of added functions are you looking for anyway?

You can use a shortcode on a separate page to create a proper registration form. You can find all the current shortcodes on https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-20-shortcodes.

For theme support, you should take a look at https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-20-theme-compatibility.

Currently, only the bundled Twenty Ten child theme natively supports bbPress 2.0, but in compatibility mode, it should work with most themes.

I can’t seem to get my forum to show up! It is located here. How do you display the forum?

http://drinkhalifax.com/?page_id=6

@Trifon Thanks! worked perfectly!

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

do we have any examples of registration forms that others are using.. I just saw the short codes this after noon and I am incorporating one into my next blog article. Right now I have the forum listing on the left side of my sidebar to let people know that it’s there..

I thought that by using the short code to put it into different posts I can get some traction there… Right now I have no real visitors for the most part… I would just like to get Fall foliage questions from visitors there since I’ve seen those questions come up in google searches already…

I’m not sure what it can do and If anyone wants to strut their stuff and post their forum, I’ll come take a look…

If I look at yours maybe you’ll come take a look at mine… :-)

echeaptravel1

@echeaptravel1

BbPress plugin is compatible (or an easy way to import) with existing BuddyPress?

Re user profiles – it would be nice to have a profile!

echeaptravel1

@echeaptravel1

I thought that by using the short code to put it into different posts I can get some traction there… Right now I have no real visitors for the most part… I would just like to get Fall foliage questions from visitors there since I’ve seen those questions come up in google searches alread!

echeaptravel1

@echeaptravel1

I migratee my old bbPress bbPress plugin from 1.03 to again full of fear of losing my data or have something unexpected.

enderandrew
    Participant

@enderandrew

I’ve been wondering about Buddypress integration as well. The FAQ says there will be some integration between BP 1.3 and bbpress 2.0, but it doesn’t elaborate what that means.

Can I please get a clarification?

arthurfreitas

@arthurfreitas

There’s an error in the POT file. Look:

http://cl.ly/8ZKP

This is the 2.0-beta-3b, with the translation file 100% translated (the POT of that version).

Richard Moon

@richardjmoon

It does not appear to be cleaning up the data when you deactivate and delete the plugin.

In the Settings I changed the Archive Slugs>Forums Base value from “forums” to “discussion”. I created a Forum by the name of “Education”. I deactivated and deleted the plugin. Looking in the database I can still see the Education entry in the posts table. I don’t know where to look to see the “discussion” setting.

I re-installed and found that the Forums Base value was already set to “discussion” when it should show the default of “forums”, and the Education forum was already set up.

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

@Richard

And be glad that it doesn’t…

If you update a plugin, it gets disabled automatically during the updating process (when using the update function from WP). If disabling the plugin would reset it, you’d have to reconfigure your whole forums after an update.

And if it would delete forums and posts when updating, imagine what the consequenses are.

You can bulk delete forums, topics and replies in the Dashboard to get rid of them before you detele the plugin though. The settings will still be there, but if you don’t do anything with the plugin after you deleted it, why would that be a problem?

amirsaam

@7i7griffin

I prefer use SMF now after many try for using bbPress. Cause bbP not answer a webmaster needs. SMF is simple and useful for wordpress. If bbP get updates and be useful i swear I use it because I translated many of it plugins to use but this bbP have many problems! SMF in same version is better than this.

amirsaam

@7i7griffin

& another thing! Make bbP plugins better from now! they have many many problems!

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

@Trifon, (As far as functionality that I’d like to se…) I wouldn’t mind seeing a real admin page that tells me who has been posting and a 24 hour snapshot of activity. (sort of like a google analytics snapshot)

I moved all my forum functions (login and so forth) from the side panel to it’s own page which is accessed from the menu bar at the top of the page. I would love feedback of my forum page from this group of people who I feel have a clue…

My page is http://www.jeff-foliage.com and on the menu bar it’s foliage forum. You can also use the contact function but I think having a critique back here would be more beneficial to others.

I just want to know if I’m missing anything

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

@Trifon, (As far as functionality that I’d like to se…) I wouldn’t mind seeing a real admin page that tells me who has been posting and a 24 hour snapshot of activity. (sort of like a google analytics snapshot)

I moved all my forum functions (login and so forth) from the side panel to it’s own page which is accessed from the menu bar at the top of the page. I would love feedback of my forum page from this group of people who I feel have a clue…

My page is http://www.jeff-foliage.com and on the menu bar it’s foliage forum. You can also use the contact function but I think having a critique back here would be more beneficial to others.

I just want to know if I’m missing anything

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

@7i7GRiFFiN – bbPress 2.x is still in beta. It’s perfectly normal that it has ‘problems’, that’s the risk of running beta software.

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

@7i7GRiFFiN – bbPress 2.x is still in beta. It’s perfectly normal that it has ‘problems’, that’s the risk of running beta software.

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

@folgerj

You can use the Dashboard’s menu’s to see most of that.

If you use the default ordering of topics and posts, combined with the excerpt view, it displays the items by freshness and gives a small preview of all which happens on your forums.

From a UX point of view, I don’t find the page with the forums very user-friendly. I’ve got a pretty high screen resolution, but I have to scroll down to see the forums which I expect to be there.

I’d put the forums on top and the login and such at the bottom. If I want to read, I can go right ahead. If what I read interests me, I’d look for a way to sign in anyway… But the content should come first.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,051 through 1,075 (of 1,184 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 2.0 – Updates’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar