Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 – Updates

Viewing 25 replies - 676 through 700 (of 1,184 total)
  • I’ve been out of touch with testing, sorry.

with regard to the bozo and akismet plugins, if these features are in then it would be useful:

ability for admin to differentiate between bozo’ed users posts and posts marked as spam.

ability to set thresholds to stop akismet checking users after x number of posts. this helps when some users get marked as spam all the time, alternatively ability to skip akismet for individual users. Having that in the core akismet would be extremely useful.

Good Evening,

Hey there… I wanna ask how can I fix this thing…

I recently found bbPress plugin, it is great to be installed in a wordpress blog it promotes more interaction for the site. so i installed bbPress in my blog.. but my problem is…

The url for the forums is too long… when the forum base is present..

:bbpress.org/ forums/ forum/ tutorial-guide/

I want to shorten it

to :bbpress.org/forum base/ tutorial-guide/

plus my concern is if I use

:bbpress.org/ forum base/ forum/

creates duplicate content with

:bbpress.org/ forum base/

and the user profiles

How can I put Latest user post and topics in wordpress profiles??

Any help thanks… I’ll be waiting :)

Correction its subdomain install

I can’t get it work locally.

I can do whatever i want but the WordPress admin doesn’t find the plugin in the plugin folder.

While if i place the bbPress plugin inside my online WP version i can activate the plugin and i will get the msg to switch to a different (twentyten theme)

Very strange this local bug.

Using MAMP on a Mac OSX.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@jaja.. – That is strange, because I’m also on MAMP on OSX.

@spiralspeaks – The permalink structure is a product of the way that WordPress handles them. Thankfully it shares this with BackPress/bbPress so it should match existing installs to new installs without skipping a beat. Custom post types, however, currently require their ‘slug’ to precede the actual post_name, which is how WordPress knows which template to serve up.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

General update – bbp-twentyten has been converted back into a child theme of twentyten. It was previously made a parent theme to make development easier, but now that theme compatibility is mostly finished, it’s no longer necessary. This cuts down on the size of the installable by almost half, avoids inadvertently forking the TwentyTen theme (we shouldn’t need to keep on top of updates) and should set a better example on how to make a compatible bbPress child theme for your existing theme.

Theme theme theme… theme. :)

I went ahead and installed the plugin, also migrated from a standalone forum, it’s looking pretty good but I get a Internal Sever Error when visiting Replies, anyone else have this problem?

Also, none of the replies comes up in any topics, is this a migration issue or is it just that the code isn’t finished?

One thing regarding themeing. It would be awesome if we could use all default templates, but exclude the css only.

As the bbp theme is now a child theme, will the code: add_theme_support( 'bbpress' ); still work?

Edit: I’ve managed to answer my own question. I thought the bbpress folder was in my theme but it wasn’t. It’s now there and working.

Keep up the great work on this as so far it’s fantastic.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@miruru – Yep, same as before.

I fixed some issues with conflicting $post globals and multiple queries and loops tonight. Was a regression from some $wp_query clean-up I did a few days ago. Apologies. :)

Aiming for alpha release going in WP plugin repo and available in your dashboards on Wednesday, barring any unforeseen disasters. So test!

Looking great! Still not able to pick up replies when viewing, they come up fine in the backend though.

EDIT: Just figured out why replies aren’t showing up, it’s because the permalinks contains the title, in this case it came up with spaces.

Any way to automatically convert all replies with usable permalinks?

Never mind, I just ran bulk edit and then hit the update button and voila, new permalinks:)

Some feedback (All errors in the backend):

– Pagination returns internal server error for replies.

– I cannot filter by topics in replies, works fine in topics.

– Date filtering also returns internal server error.

– Search replies also returns internal server error.

I did change the view on replies to list all of them, then i mass edited forcing the permalinks to get updated, that did not work.

But it works when editing each reply manually.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Thanks for testing that. I’ll take a look at what’s going on. I think I know wha’s up. :)

Ok no problem, happy to help:) By that, do you also know why the replies aren’t coming up unless i edit each reply and hit update?

Or is that more a migration issue?

I can now see that you’ve fixed the issue with the new topic form displaying the last topic or post in the “Create new topic in: “the name of the last forum/last post” section. However the new topic form now appears on the forum index page which it was not there originally. I assume that this shouldn’t be there either?

Ricardo
    Participant

@ricardouk

Quick localizationlanguage question…

if i want to display the forum in another language, (only what the user sees admin panel can stay in english) what do i need to translate? i opened bbpress.php and found:

// Forum labels

// Topic labels

// Reply labels

// Topic tag labels

found some more labels on php files here:

bbp-themesbbp-twentyten

what do i need to translate in order to have bbpress in another language (only what the user sees)?

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

I am using the Maintenance Mode plugin for WP until I launch my new site. With bbPress plugin installed, I am redirected from /wp-admin to /login. The only way to login is to delete the bbPress plugin or the Maintenance Mode plugin.

Just a word of warning for those who may be doing the same…

alexis_nomine

@alexis_nomine

just add these to your functions.php file to disable wp-login.php redirect:

remove_filter( ‘login_redirect’, ‘bbp_redirect_login’, 2, 3 );

remove_filter( ‘login_url’, ‘bbp_login_url’, 2, 2 );

remove_filter( ‘logout_url’, ‘bbp_logout_url’, 2, 2 );

Ricardo
    Participant

@ricardouk

@citizenkeith:

if i type “wp-admin” i’m redirected to “wp-login.php”, no problems here with maintenance mode pluggin, using latest build.

http://i55.tinypic.com/50fvip.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2s797kl.jpg

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@citizenkeith – bbPress was doing some wp-login.php hi-jacking, and that’s been removed now. Try the most recent revision and let me know if it’s still happening?

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

@JJJ That did the trick. Thanks!

christopher jon

@christopher-jon

I’ve been playing around with the plugin for a couple of hours now and have had absolutely no problems. It’s fairly simple to customize as well. I’m already tweaking it.

Now, lets get some new plugins and really get this thing rocking.

My wish list,

TinyMCE editor

Messaging system between members

The signature plugin that was mentioned earlier in this thread is also working perfectly.

I’m liking it. :)

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@christopher jon – Very good to hear! :)

I just put the final touches on theme compatibility for user profiles and topic/reply editing, so now they won’t look as wonky.

All that’s left to finish with theme compat are views, and I don’t expect them to be a problem at all.

We are now 8 tickets (and only a few more labor hours) away from putting this into WordPress Extend. Sadly it’s behind schedule (weird eh?) but wanted to keep everyone posted.

If there are any technical writers out there, the contextual help screens that WordPress has could use some bbPress specific content. You’d be doing me a nice favor to take a look at https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1510 and drop some prose in there. :)

Consider it done, sir.

bookofradeluxe

@bookofradeluxe

That did the trick. Thanks!

I still get internal server errors, also the same problem with replies, they are not visible in the forums unless i edit and update each.

Viewing 25 replies - 676 through 700 (of 1,184 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 2.0 – Updates’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar