Search Results for 'test'
-
Search Results
-
Topic: Last Post Data
I am a beginner with a beginner question: On the front page in the “Latest Discussions” section, there are columns for Last Poster and Freshness. However, in the “Forums” section, there are no such columns.
I would like to add this information in the “Forums” section as well (and then eventually delete the “Latest Discussions” section). I have added the two column headers (actually combined into one column that has both pieces of info in it), but I have no idea how to get the correct data (which I want to search all the topics from within each forum and pull the latest poster and time details).
The code I currently have is below (for the site http://heathoops.net/forums). It’s formatted how I want it, but I have no idea what post data it is pulling (I want it to pull the latest post from any topic within each forum)… Can anyone help?
<?php if ( bb_forums() ) : ?>
<h2><?php _e(‘Forums’); ?></h2>
<table id=”forumlist”>
<tr>
<th><?php _e(‘Main Theme’); ?></th>
<th><?php _e(‘Topics’); ?></th>
<th><?php _e(‘Posts’); ?></th>
<th><?php _e(‘Last Post’); ?></th>
</tr>
<?php while ( bb_forum() ) : ?>
<tr<?php bb_forum_class(); ?>>
<td><?php bb_forum_pad( ‘<div class=”nest”>’ ); ?>“><?php forum_name(); ?><small><?php forum_description(); ?></small><?php bb_forum_pad( ‘</div>’ ); ?></td>
<td class=”num”><?php forum_topics(); ?></td>
<td class=”num”><?php forum_posts(); ?></td>
<td class=”num”>by “><?php topic_last_poster(); ?>
on <?php echo date(“D M j, Y g:i a”, strtotime($topic->topic_time)); ?></br></td></tr>
The topic in front page is ordered by the latest comment.
When a member post comment in old topic.It’s view in first topic.
It’s hard to know about real latest topic.
Can I re-order the topic from latest comment to topic started date?
Help me, please
I downloaded the bbpress app and deployed it on my Turnkey LAPP VM. Navigating to /bbpress nets me the bbpress installer page, but when I press the ‘Go to step 1’ button, I get no response, and no errors. I’ve tested the page on chrome and IE, the same thing happens.
I’ve thought of creating the ‘bb-config.php’ file myself and doing a manual configuration, but I wouldn’t know where to start.
Does anyone know either why the install isn’t working, how to find the error logs, or how I can build a config manually?
Much appreciated,
– Peter
Note topic. While it may be misconfiguration on my side, and I think it is, it is very bad think.
I have portal based on WordPress and bbpress. New users on WP are registered as subscribents and for bbPress I have userDB integration (author, contributor and subscribent are translated to member). And while I can send PMs from/to key masters (made several test accounts), for “normal” users messages aren’t available.
So what I should do about that?
Just upload plugin, activate, create forums, and away you go. Have never seen any issue like this evern with having done several test installs before. I’m using the stock bbP 2010 theme also.
But for the most part it’s working like a champ. Except for this…