Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress as wordpress page

• Daily Anarchist

@daily-anarchist

In my wordpress website I have the mainpage(index) and several pages, all of which have the content on the left, a middle column that contains advertisements, and a right column which contains widgets.

Is it possible to install a fully integrated bbpress forum that is a page to the wordpress website? Stated differently, can I put all of the contents of the forum in the left hand column, and keep the middle column of ads and the right column of widgets?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You’ll want to use the bbPress plugin with some custom template files, and customize it to taste. Anything is possible. :)

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You’ll want to use the bbPress plugin with some custom template files, and customize it to taste. Anything is possible. :)

Daily Anarchist

@daily-anarchist

The regular bbpress installation won’t do that, you think? I should wait for the plugin?

Daily Anarchist

@daily-anarchist

The regular bbpress installation won’t do that, you think? I should wait for the plugin?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

The regular bbPress installation won’t do that without much, much work. :)

For example, here at bbPress.org, we have 1 unified theme, that both the blog and the forums use. It’s a completely custom theme, on top of a very complicated installation that integrates with shared user tables over at wordpress.org, several themes and plugin repositories, etc…

So, it can be as simple or as complicated as you need it to be, but the plugin version of bbPress will give you a huge head start.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

The regular bbPress installation won’t do that without much, much work. :)

For example, here at bbPress.org, we have 1 unified theme, that both the blog and the forums use. It’s a completely custom theme, on top of a very complicated installation that integrates with shared user tables over at wordpress.org, several themes and plugin repositories, etc…

So, it can be as simple or as complicated as you need it to be, but the plugin version of bbPress will give you a huge head start.

Daily Anarchist

@daily-anarchist

But the plugin will? That’s impressive! I can’t wait until the plugin comes out. I just installed a test bbpress on a dummy site to see how it looks. It’s pretty smooth. I really think bbpress has the potential to dominate the forum industry if people get behind it like they do WordPress.

You’re running the alpha version now, correct? Then comes the Beta and then the stable?

Daily Anarchist

@daily-anarchist

But the plugin will? That’s impressive! I can’t wait until the plugin comes out. I just installed a test bbpress on a dummy site to see how it looks. It’s pretty smooth. I really think bbpress has the potential to dominate the forum industry if people get behind it like they do WordPress.

You’re running the alpha version now, correct? Then comes the Beta and then the stable?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Correct: alpha, beta, stable. Here at bbpress.org, we’re still running the stand-alone installation of bbPress. We are (kind of) following my own advice and not running pre-release software on a live environment. Instead, we’re running the latest trunk version of bbPress stand-alone which will eventually be 1.1.

It’s complicated. :)

All you need to know, is the plugin version sounds like it’s exactly what you want, and it is only a few days away from being a public alpha.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Correct: alpha, beta, stable. Here at bbpress.org, we’re still running the stand-alone installation of bbPress. We are (kind of) following my own advice and not running pre-release software on a live environment. Instead, we’re running the latest trunk version of bbPress stand-alone which will eventually be 1.1.

It’s complicated. :)

All you need to know, is the plugin version sounds like it’s exactly what you want, and it is only a few days away from being a public alpha.

Daily Anarchist

@daily-anarchist

I want to thank you for making this plugin. It’s been too long that WordPress users have waited for a fully integrated forum.

I’m also really happy that it’s coming out in a few days. This is just what I need.

Thanks again.

Daily Anarchist

@daily-anarchist

I want to thank you for making this plugin. It’s been too long that WordPress users have waited for a fully integrated forum.

I’m also really happy that it’s coming out in a few days. This is just what I need.

Thanks again.

I would also like to be able to embed an entire bbpress forum right into a page on my wordpress site. Is the plugin available yet?

I would also like to be able to embed an entire bbpress forum right into a page on my wordpress site. Is the plugin available yet?

rbertolani, follow the instructions here and that should help you find the plugin: http://blog.ashfame.com/2010/01/download-zip-latest-trunk-wordpress-bbpress-buddypress/

rbertolani, follow the instructions here and that should help you find the plugin: http://blog.ashfame.com/2010/01/download-zip-latest-trunk-wordpress-bbpress-buddypress/

…. I am just not able to understand the integration stuff… it is beyond me… just wanted to make a nice clean forum and thought I did what was required.. but it does not show. I have the details in the admin side bar of wordpress.. but nothing on the page I made… and when I try to add the widgets to the sidebar, I still have no success… please help me!

…. I am just not able to understand the integration stuff… it is beyond me… just wanted to make a nice clean forum and thought I did what was required.. but it does not show. I have the details in the admin side bar of wordpress.. but nothing on the page I made… and when I try to add the widgets to the sidebar, I still have no success… please help me!

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

@JaneBarnes

JJ provided some really great directions on how to get the bbpress plugin working in the thread:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-20-theme-compatibility

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

@JaneBarnes

JJ provided some really great directions on how to get the bbpress plugin working in the thread:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-20-theme-compatibility

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar