Search Results for 'code'
-
Search Results
-
Topic: Topic template settings
I am having trouble getting the topic page template to default to the same page format as my forum page. I created a custom template “bbp-sidebars” that presents my forum page with a sidebar for forum page views and topic views. The forum picks up the custom template, but the topics page ignores it and defaults to the blog view template. So far I downloaded bbp Style Pack, bbp shortcodes, bbP Tookkit, Weaver for bbPress, and What the File to see if there was a setting to accomplish my goal. I also read multiple articles on custom templates, but none address the topic layout. Also, after a new topic or topic response is posted, I can manually go in and set the page settings to have it display the way I want. While my site is growing I can probably do this, but after a certain point it will be too hard to keep up.
I am using WP 4.9.4, ForeFront theme Version 1.04 as a subtheme under GeneratePress V 2.02
My Website is https://defensecareersHQ.com PW is “VetsHelpingVets”
An example of my issue can be viewed here
https://www.defensecareershq.com/forums/topic/how-about-l-3-technologies/Also, please note I manually set the all other topic pages to display correctly. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Topic: list of all functions
Hi,
i want to configure bbPress on my own theme. I am looking for a list of functions like https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference just for bbPress. Where can I find this?
Thank you!
For our restricted members bbPress forum, I would like to display a user’s BadgeOS points below their username next to their posts/replies. I already found some code to display these points but I am not sure if it’s correct and how to make it show below the username.
function badgeos_get_users_points( $user_id = 0 ) {
// Use current user’s ID if none specified
if ( ! $user_id )
$user_id = wp_get_current_user()->ID;
// Return our user’s points as an integer (sanely falls back to 0 if empty)
return absint( get_user_meta( $user_id, ‘_badgeos_points’, true ) );
}Any help would be much appreciated!
FYI: we also use the latest versions of BuddyPress and the Boss theme.
Topic: BBCodes bbpress list?
We have come across and issue regarding bbPress and Groups in BuddyPress. Our organization decided against my wishes to start using the terminology Forums to describe Focus Groups and Committees. This has created an issue for our portal as Forums means something different in bbPress. After much digging I found an easy way to update the group navigation bar to reflect a name other than Forum, but the easiest way to make this work is to add apply_filters in setup_variables() in plugins/bbpress/includes/extend/buddypress/groups.php like this:
$this->name = __( 'Forum', 'bbpress' ); $this->nav_item_name = __( 'Forum', 'bbpress' ); $this->nav_item_name = apply_filters('bbp_update_nav_item_title', $this->nav_item_name); $this->name = apply_filters('bbp_update_forum_name', $this->name);then I just use add_filter in my plugin and it updates the Navigation Bar for groups to display something different.
Is this the only way this can be done, or is there a filter/action i can use to change it without touching the bbpress code? I don’t want to keep changing code every time there is an update to bbPress.
So my request is to add these apply_filter lines above to the groups.php file going forward for flexibility. I’m sure the same could be don with slug, but I don’t care much what the url is as long as the display name is correct.
Thanks for everything you guys do!
Topic: Tracked Discussions
Hello,
Is there a shortcode or a function that can retrieves all of subscribed forums,forums that you have replied? In short to get all forum/topics that you or a user have involvement in a single page.
We are using.
bbpress Version 2.5.14
WordPress 4.9.4
Custom made theme.