Search Results for '\"wordpress\"'
-
Search Results
-
WordPress Version: 4.0
bbPress Version: 2.5.4
Theme: Lightly modified Skeleton (http://themes.simplethemes.com/skeleton/)I’m using this code: http://pastebin.com/7NQnubJP to add custom fields in a specific forum. Everything is working great except for when I try to edit an existing topic. When I try to edit an existing topic, the custom fields aren’t displayed on the page, and therefor aren’t editable. Only the normal Title and Content fields are displayed.
The issue still happens while using an unmodified Twenty Fourteen theme (besides adding the relevant code to the functions.php file, of course).
I haven’t had any luck finding out what the problem is, but I’m hoping it’s something simple.
I appreciate any help!
Hi all,
I am trying to figure out how to style a single forum page differently to the main forum pages. I know I can do a conditional statement so say when on this page, do this, however I think there might be an easier way.Can I use the usual naming & hierarchy structure used by WordPress? ie; when I have a custom post type named ‘movies’ I can use a template for this page called ‘single-movies.php’.
Can I do something like this perhaps?
forum-my-forum-name.php
or bbpress-my-forum-name.phpI’ve tried but didn’t seem to work for me so maybe I’m missing something fundamental.
Thanks in advance.
Topic: Taxonomy Error
I just finished setting up a new site and went live this week. I’m now getting an error within my bbPress forum that reads, “Error: Taxonomy isn’t defined”. What do I need to do in order to fix/make this message go away? It is only shown once you select a topic to view, at the top of the page, following the title of the topic.
Wordpress 4.0
bbPress – 2.5.4
Hi, before i go ahead and start trying to make a car enthusiast site built on my current ideas, i wanted to know if this is possible, and if so, how..?
1) – Multiple Forums
I would like to have multiple bbPress forums over multiple WordPress pages, e.g. “general forums” on one WP page, a “buy/sell” forum on the second WP page, a “Services” forum on another WP page etc. and all while having the same login/passwords etc.2) – Pay Per Thread
I would like to charge users a set amount, say maybe 75p to post a thread (not a reply etc.) in the “buy/sell” forums and say maybe 50p to post a thread (again, not a reply etc.) in the “Services” forum so that I make the money to sustain my site from people posting items for sale or offering a helping hand (a “service”) for a smaller fee than a garage etc.Hi,
I’m using the plugin WP Business Intelligence for show custom report about my blog.I would show the topic/thread that not have new answers from 1 month.
For this plugin, I must write custom SQL Query.
I studied bbPress database schema, but I can not find where the answers are saved for each thread.Who can help me to write my query?
Thanks.
Topic: Font,Color and background
hello guys, I created the portal with WordPress, I installed the plugin bbPress. as you can see in the background to the forum topic STICK does not allow to read the title of the topic, even in the discussion. Should I just increase the size of FONT and putting in the color BLACK
I am using bbPress 2.5.4 on WordPress 4.0.
I have added in the bbPM plugin by uploading it to my WordPress Plugin file through FTP. I can see the bbPM plugin on the Plugins page in the WordPress Dashboard but when I try to activate it I get the following error:
“Fatal error: Call to undefined function bb_load_plugin_textdomain() in ../wp-content/plugins/bbpm/bbpm.php on line 20″
I looked through this forum and found some suggestions of adding bbPM into a “my-plugins” folder inside the bbPress folder and now that I have done this, the bbPM plugin no longer shows up on the Plugins page.
I made sure both the my-plugins folder and the bbPM folder had 755 permissions but bbPM still will not appear.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
https://wordpress.org/plugins/basic-user-avatars/
It says not tested with 4.0 but it works and much nicer then one I was using.Topic: Mingle BBpress Import issue
Hi,
We had a custom forum created through a .NET application. Its a legacy application built in 2006.
Now client is migrating to wordpress / bbpress. For forum migration I have created a application to import data from .NET application (Sql Server database) in a format where I can use mingle importer to import.The tables we have created are wp_forum_forums, wp_forum_threads; wp_forum_posts;
Table definition are
CREATE TABLE wp_forum_forums (
id bigint(20) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
name varchar(4000) NOT NULL,
parent_id bigint(20) NOT NULL,
description text,
sort int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id)
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=32 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;CREATE TABLE wp_forum_posts (
id bigint(20) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
parent_id bigint(20) NOT NULL,
subject varchar(2000) DEFAULT NULL,
author_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
text mediumtext,
date datetime NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id),
KEY fk_wp_forum_posts_wp_forum_threads_idx (parent_id),
KEY fk_wp_forum_posts_wp_user (author_id),
CONSTRAINT fk_wp_forum_posts_wp_forum_threads FOREIGN KEY (parent_id) REFERENCES wp_forum_threads (id),
CONSTRAINT fk_wp_forum_posts_wp_user FOREIGN KEY (author_id) REFERENCES wp_users (ID) ON DELETE NO ACTION ON UPDATE NO ACTION
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=69731 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;CREATE TABLE wp_forum_threads (
id bigint(20) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
parent_id bigint(20) NOT NULL,
starter bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
subject varchar(4000) DEFAULT NULL,
status varchar(100) NOT NULL,
date datetime NOT NULL,
last_post datetime NOT NULL,
closed varchar(50) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id),
KEY fk_wp_forum_threads_wp_forum_forums_idx (parent_id),
KEY fk_wp_forum_threads_wp_users_idx (starter),
CONSTRAINT fk_wp_forum_threads_wp_forum_forums FOREIGN KEY (parent_id) REFERENCES wp_forum_forums (id),
CONSTRAINT fk_wp_forum_threads_wp_user FOREIGN KEY (starter) REFERENCES wp_users (ID) ON DELETE NO ACTION ON UPDATE NO ACTION
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=9303 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;Through our custom code we populated these tables.
Everything works fine, but while importing the wp_forum_posts (which has got 69K records) the importer hangs between 35600 to 35699. I tried atleast 5 / 6 times but same result every time.
Can you kindly help us in this?
Thanks and Regards
Bidhan