Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'code'

Viewing 25 results - 13,601 through 13,625 (of 32,573 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • #138246

    In reply to: bbPress 2.4.1

    Unit9
    Participant

    Hi guys, 😀

    Thanks for all the incredible work you do on BBPress!

    I’m using WordPress 3.6.1, BuddyPress 1.8.1 and BBPress 2.4.1

    The page titles for wordpress and buddypress have been fixed.

    However, BBPress has completely stopped interacting with Buddypress. By this I mean no new topics, posts, mentions or any action made by my members in BBPress are showing in their profile activity or in the ‘Notifications’ section of the WP admin bar.

    I’ve also added this code to a base ‘Forum’ page:

    <?php bbp_get_template_part( 'bbpress/content', 'archive-topic' ); ?>
    
    <?php bbp_get_template_part( 'bbpress/form', 'topic' ); ?>

    And in the topic section the ‘Forum’ select field has ‘No forum’ as the default selection. Rather than taking the first forum as the default as in BBPress 2.3.2.

    Thanks!

    #138244

    In reply to: SMF Import to bbPress

    Remco Beugels
    Participant

    @manuxel
    For the smileys I think that it is a better idea to replace ::) with 🙄 (: roll :).

    #138240
    Anonymous User 9588477
    Inactive

    @stephen, thanks for your comment! I have solved the problem! I have doenlaod the translations .po and .mo from the /dev branch and upload those 2 files to wp-content/bbpress/languages/ and rename the files to bbpress-nl_NL.po & bbpress-nl_NL.mo

    #138230
    Robin W
    Moderator

    Can’t see anything wrong with your code is_bbpress()works on my conditional statements

    #138229
    Robin W
    Moderator

    BBpress comes with roles that you can set for each user, just go into dashboard>users and set them up – they’re at the bottom of the page

    see this article

    https://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-user-roles-and-capabilities/

    AntonyC
    Participant

    Hi, I’m also having the exact same problem and I’m wondering why this hasn’t been addressed yet? It wouldn’t have been an issue for me but BuddyPress now insists that you use bbpress for the forums.

    PLEASE help someone!

    #138223
    koendb
    Participant

    Thanks Zearl, need to modify your code slightly to get it to work:
    Had to remove ‘$user_role’

    function my_custom_roles( $role, $user_id ) {
    if( $role == ‘Key Master’ )
    return ‘Site Owner’;
    return $role;
    }
    add_filter( ‘bbp_get_user_display_role’, ‘my_custom_roles’, 10, 3 );

    #138221

    In reply to: disabling breadcrumbs

    Philip John
    Participant

    @mdroca You should paste that code into your theme’s functions.php file. Here’s a guide on how to do that safely: http://wp-events-plugin.com/tutorials/how-to-safely-add-php-code-to-wordpress/

    Also, for others wanting to hide bbPress breadcrumbs, this code is a bit more compact but does the same job:
    add_filter('bbp_no_breadcrumb', function($arg) { return true; } );

    #138216
    WPSeeker
    Participant

    Thanks for the reply Stephen. Am I correct in assuming that posting to bbPress is just like creating any WordPress custom post?

    And if so, could I make my own post submission form using Gravity Forms, or are there hooks that need to be used to get it to post correctly?

    #138213
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    There is no way to automatically assign topic tags at this stage.

    #138212
    #138211
    WPSeeker
    Participant

    Great, thanks it worked! Is there any way of doing something similar with the tags? I want the tags automatically created without the user having any choice.

    #138209
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Also updated the codex to reflect the correct shortcode syntax https://codex.bbpress.org/shortcodes/

    #138208
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Try using [bbp-topic-form forum_id=544]

    WPSeeker
    Participant

    Hi

    I read in the docs that you can now specify a forum to post to using the shortcodes without having to use the dropdown forum selection.

    I tried using this shortcode but it doesn’t seem to work and I still get the dropdown.

    [bbp-topic-form id=544]

    I want to load a form to create a new thread but have the forum hardcoded.

    Thanks

    #138204
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster
    #138203

    In reply to: Auto Role not working

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    What happens after you have run the repair tool “Remap existing users to default forum roles”
    https://codex.bbpress.org/repair-forums/

    #138202
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    You may have enabled ‘Threaded Replies’ in the settings and this would stop you from seeing any pagination.

    https://codex.bbpress.org/forum-settings/#forum-features

    #138200
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Yes, they will get overwritten and details on what to copy and where to copy them to can be found here:
    https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/

    #138194
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    OK, turns out the CSV won’t cut the mustard in this case, so these two queries match the results of the last dataset you send me.

    SELECT * FROM phpbb_topics WHERE phpbb_topics.topic_id > 330 AND phpbb_topics.topic_id < 338

    SELECT * FROM phpbb_posts WHERE post_id IN (3810,3819,3840,3851,3862,3863)

    Can you run both of those queries and this time when you click export (There are two export labels, click the one in the ‘Query results operations’ section)

    This time you only need to select ‘quick’ and format ‘SQL’ and zip both thos files and attach a link here.

    #138190
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    That shouldn’t be an issue and as you are also seeing this for WordPress Blog posts I would expect it is either your browser, try another (Firefox, Chrome etc) and also clear the browsers cache though due to issues previously mentioned in this topic most likely an issue with your web host sadly.

    Just to be safe before contacting your web host change your WordPress theme, try switching to Twenty Eleven/Twelve/Thirteen and see if the issues still persists.

    Also I presume you ran the bbPress ‘Repair Tools’ after the import:
    https://codex.bbpress.org/repair-forums/

    #138188
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Dutch (nl) is at 98% in the /dev branch
    https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/bbpress/dev
    Dutch (nl) is at 0% in the /2.4.x branch
    https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/bbpress/2.4.x
    Dutch (nl) is at 100% in the /2.3.x branch
    https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/bbpress/2.3.x

    Most likely you have downloaded the 2.4.x branch as noted above as it is at 0% as there are translations waiting for approval.

    Download the .po & .mo from the /dev branch

    Rename and upload both bbpress-nl.po & bbpress-nl.mo to /wp-content/languages/bbpress/

    #138187
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    Spanish (es) is 100% complete in the /dev branch
    https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/bbpress/dev/es/default
    Spanish (es) is 95% complete in the /2.4.x branch
    https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/bbpress/2.4.x
    Spanish (es) is 100% complete in the /2.3.x branch
    https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/bbpress/2.3.x

    via https://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-in-your-language/

    You should have bbpress-es.po & bbpress-es.mo in /wp-content/languages/bbpress/

    #138184
    Keryn
    Participant

    I have some code to show the sidebar based on what page it is, and it works fine for the pages, but no sidebar shows on any bbpress pages:

    if (is_page(79) || is_child(79) || is_ancestor(79) || is_bbpress()){
    dynamic_sidebar(‘memberbar-sidebar’);
    }

    #138180
    elitetester
    Participant

    If a user makes a nice forum post I would like to be able to choose to post this single topic into a WP post/blog of categoryX. If I see another nice forum post then I would like to be able to choose to post this single topic to the same, or perhaps a different WP post/blog under categoryY. All video/images etc should be presented in WordPress as it would appear in the forum.

    I’d like to see the topic content appearing as an article rather than a forum topic: No reply window shown even if logged in, instead show ‘number-of-replies’. No avatar, just a short comment ‘posted-by-xxx’. The topic title and ‘number-of-replies’ links the user to the respective forum topic in the main forum view.

    ————-
    I was thinking this might be possible using shortcodes. e.g. create a new shortcode based on ‘bbp-single-topic’ (perhaps called ‘bbp-single-topic-post2blog’). Then add a drop-down-list beside each forum topic only visible for admins. The drop-down-list includes all WP posts/blogs. After selecting a WP post from the drop-down-list the shortcode and respective topic-ID gets added to the bottom of the WP post content.

    What do you think? I have quite a clear picture on how this should work.
    If this is possible I would be happy to test it.

Viewing 25 results - 13,601 through 13,625 (of 32,573 total)
Skip to toolbar