Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Change URL

• radleycollector
    Participant

@radleycollector

I have installed the BBpress plugin so I can incorportae this into my wordpress.

But I had to do a mingle import which has worked.

But now I am left with the following url:

www .mywebsite .com/forums/forum/myforumname

I have used this to make my main page :
    [bbp-forum-index] on the page /forum

But I really want to change the rest to /forum/forumname and not /forums/forum/forumname

Can this now be changed and how?

And also by using [bbp-forum-index] does it effect seo as no content is on that landing page?

many thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You can set your forum slugs based on these docs https://codex.bbpress.org/forum-settings/#forum-root-slug

radleycollector
    Participant

@radleycollector

Hi, thanks, it wasnt letting me change them but realised its because I am using a genesis theme and i needed the plugin to makea few thing work.

My breadcrumbs are missing though, do i contact studio press about this or is there a problem known with genesis and bbpress for breadcrumbs as its hard for people to get back to the main page without them.

Thanks

My breadcrumbs are missing though, do i contact studio press about this or is there a problem known with genesis and bbpress for breadcrumbs as its hard for people to get back to the main page without them.

I don’t know of any issues, but I personally have never used Genesis so what would I know 😉

I would suggest having a search around for things along the lines of ‘genesis bbpress breadcrumbs’ here on bbpress.org and the Genesis ‘sites’ and support sites and see what you can find.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar