Search Results for 'bbpress'
-
Search Results
-
Topic: mailing list integration
has anyone expressed a desire to have bbpress integrate/interoperate with mailing lists?
Just noticed, while installing and integrating WP and BBP.
In WP users can register with a username including a space, such as
“Mr Pace”
In BBP this user would not be able to log in, since usernames with spaces does not work. “Mr Pace” is correctly noticed in the admin control panel but when trying to long theres an error message saying that “MrPace” (without the space between Mr and Pace) is not a registr user.
I am looking to do the exact same thing that has been done in this forum:
I want to hide the sub-forums from being shown in the homepage because they take up a lot of space, but I simply don’t get it. When it says edit the templates so this looks like this. Which file in the template do I edit. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could explain how to do this.
Thanks,
K
Hey!
So after the rather simplified installation and integration with WordPress, I finally finished setting up the forum section of my website. But after several unsuccessful attempts, I was unable to get Sub-Forums working. All of the forums I create just show up on the home page as a top-level forum. I then try to put it under a parent forum, but it just doesn’t work. I try everything. I am currently running the latest version of bbPress witht he WOrdpress INtegration Plug’-In installed. I ask that someone please help as this is very important towards the deployment of my site
THANKS!
K
I am the admin for a new bbpress forum. First, I cannot get backticks to work. Maybe I’m interpreting the word incorrectly, but when I try to use backticks, like this…
‘strong’bold this’strong’…or ‘strong’bold this’/strong’
it doesn’t bold the word. Please help. Note: When I try traditional tags, like bold this, it works fine. But I want to make it work with backticks since that’s what the help content on the post screen references.
Why can’t the phrasing for the instructions be more specific, like giving an example? And why can’t bbpress just use the word that everyone knows, like ‘single apostrophe’?
Secondly, most people don’t know what an ‘a’ is, or some of the other terms. This backtick content that comes with bbpress is not intuitive for the average person who doesn’t use forums that often. It would be great if there was link to a help file so the user can be shown how to construct backticks with some of the tags displayed like ul, li, img, etc.
Hi!
I am trying to install bbpress with WP 2.3.
In the config-file for bbpress I have written EXACTLY the same databasename, username and password as in the config-file for WP.
Still, when I run the install.php for bbpress I get several lines of “warnings”/error messages before the installation text “Welcome to…”
Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Access denied for user ‘nicuuorg’@’localhost’ (using password: NO) in /home/nicuuorg/public_html/neonatologyforparents/wp/bbp/bb-includes/db-mysqli.php on line 80
Anyone understanding what’s going on.
The WP runs without any problems.
Could it be related to that the username is not correctly read from the config.php-file. The username is
nicuuorg_stefanj, but access is denied for'nicuuorg'@'localhost'according to the warning above.Topic: What is localhost?
I’m trying to install BBpress on my website, yet I don’t know what to do for the localhost bit in the config file. Can you help me?
Topic: Can’t see user profiles
I’ve just installed bbPress 0.8.3 in /forums/ in WordPress 2.3, but when I click on a user name or profile to inspect or edit, I’m taken back to the front page of the blog.
Hovering over the link shows [blog URL]/forums/profile/[user name]. Hovering over the Edit link gives [blog URL]/forums/profile/[user name]/edit.
Other than that, it seems to be working, although I haven’t tested it fully.
I have added:
require_once(‘path/to/wp-blog-header.php’);
to my bbPress config file to allow bbPress to have access to wordpress functions. Now I want to do the reverse and add access to bbPress functions in WordPress. Is there a similar easy way to do this?