Search Results for '\"wordpress\"'
-
Search Results
-
Topic: Tool bar missing Register?
Hi, I’m new to WordPress and bbPress
I’ve just installed bbPress and BuddyPress for the first time.
I was mucking about, looking around to work out how things work.
I thought I’d log out of Admin and try and see if I could see what it would be like to register as a new user. But there is no “register” link showing up anywhere?
Below is a screen capture of part of the screen of what I see, no register, just log in.
Any help appreciated.

hi guys!
first of all, this is my very first installation, and i have really not very much experience with content managment systems in general, so be soft on me please.second, everything actually seems to work, except for the fact, that apache2 returns an error 404 for each and every single page, that i would like to open from bbpress.
i created some forums, and posted a test post in there.
that content i found in the mysql database in the wp_posts table, so the communication to the mysql database basically works.
but from the looks of it, when you try to call that contnet, apache seems to be looking in the actual filestructure for those files/that content, rather than within the mysql database.
the very only hint that i could find on the net, was that something with my htaccess file could be wrong.
so as regular expressions make basically not much sense do decifer, when you haven’t the single first clue, what is supposed to go through them, i cannot tell, whether what i i found in these files is correct, here is, what /etc/pordpress/htaccess contains:# For rewrite rules needed for making WordPress URL friendly # See Options -> Permalinks for details and please use the defaults, # especially in mind when hosting several blogs on one machine! ## ## Configuration for a single blog hosted on / (root of the website) ## #<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> #RewriteEngine On #RewriteBase / #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d #RewriteRule . /index.php [L] #</IfModule> ## ## Configuration for a multi-site wordpress installation using subdomains ## #<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> #RewriteEngine On #RewriteBase / #RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] ## uploaded files #RewriteRule ^files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$1 [L] ## real files dealt directly #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d #RewriteRule ^ - [L] ## other go through index.php #RewriteRule . index.php [L] #</IfModule>/usr/share/wordpress/.htaccess
contains exactly the same,/var/www/wordpress/.htaccess
contains:# BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress/var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bbpress/bb-admin/includes/defaults.bb-htaccess.php
contains this:<?php $_rules = <<<EOF # BEGIN bbPress Options -MultiViews <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase %PATH% RewriteRule ^page/([0-9]+)/?$ %PATH%index.php?page=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^forum/([^/]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ %PATH%forum.php?id=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^forum/([^/]+)/?$ %PATH%forum.php?id=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^forum/?$ %PATH% [R=302,L,QSA] RewriteRule ^topic/([^/]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ %PATH%topic.php?id=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^topic/([^/]+)/?$ %PATH%topic.php?id=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^topic/?$ %PATH% [R=302,L,QSA] RewriteRule ^tags/([^/]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ %PATH%tags.php?tag=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^tags/([^/]+)/?$ %PATH%tags.php?tag=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^tags/?$ %PATH%tags.php [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^profile/([^/]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ %PATH%profile.php?id=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^profile/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/?$ %PATH%profile.php?id=$1&tab=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^profile/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ %PATH%profile.php?id=$1&tab=$2&page=$3 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^profile/([^/]+)/?$ %PATH%profile.php?id=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^profile/?$ %PATH%profile.php [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^view/([^/]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ %PATH%view.php?view=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^view/([^/]+)/?$ %PATH%view.php?view=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^rss/?$ %PATH%rss.php [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^rss/topics/?$ %PATH%rss.php?topics=1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^rss/forum/([^/]+)/?$ %PATH%rss.php?forum=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^rss/forum/([^/]+)/topics/?$ %PATH%rss.php?forum=$1&topics=1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^rss/topic/([^/]+)/?$ %PATH%rss.php?topic=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^rss/tags/([^/]+)/?$ %PATH%rss.php?tag=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^rss/tags/([^/]+)/topics/?$ %PATH%rss.php?tag=$1&topics=1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^rss/profile/([^/]+)/?$ %PATH%rss.php?profile=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^rss/view/([^/]+)/?$ %PATH%rss.php?view=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^.*$ %PATH%index.php [L] </IfModule> # END bbPress EOF; $_rules = str_replace( '%PATH%', bb_get_option( 'path' ), $_rules );if i set the permalinks from “nice links” to php=dafb51fd1? , then i get
Oops! That page can’t be found.
any ideas, please?
thanks in advance and yours, azteca.
Topic: Complete noob, need help!
Hi all. I have a WordPress site with a fresh install of bbpress on it for my forums. That said, the default bbpress theme for my site looks absolutely awful, so I was wondering how to install another theme or even just change the colors just for my forums. This is what it’s looking like at the moment.
I recently discovered this theme here that looks alright. Is there some way I could import that onto my site for JUST the forums? Let me know, thank you!
Topic: No Admin Sections Available
Hi there, I am having a slightly strange issue in that I have just installed:
Wordpress 4.2.4
BuddyPress 2.3.2.1
bbPress 2.5.8Everything appears to be fine except for the little fact that I have no bbPress admin sections in the dashboard.
Any help would be most appreciated.
