just seen this !
https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-login-redirect/
if you download and unwrap it you’ll see two functions, one the filter above !
Depending on your site it might take a
if (is_bbpress()) $redirect = xxtype statement on line 71
Hi Pete,
Your questions on viewed by anyone and registration are a pure WordPress matter as bbPress is using WordPress users. What does not come out of the box can be accomplished with some plugins.
To restrict bbPress, I personally use ‘bbP Private Groups’ and ‘Members’ from Justin Tadlock, but there are others of course.
Pascal.
Hi,
Just for clarity, when you talk about ‘posts’ and ‘comments’, I suppose you mean ‘topics’ and ‘replies’, right ?
I have no idea about that plugin but as you describe it, it does not seem to work correctly with bbPress WordPress post types.
I use ‘bbP Private Groups’ and ‘Members’ from Justin Tadlock on some of my sites and that seems to work great.
Pascal.
2 things to try
http://www.rewweb.co.uk/bbpress-wp4-fix2/
and if that doesn’t work, then try my plugin
https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-private-groups/
to restrict content on bbpress
Hi,
bbPress login is a WordPress login. I suppose woocommerce is also using standard WordPress logins ?
Check any of the snippets or plugins in this thread if it can help: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/setup-login-for-private-forum/
Pascal.
The ———————- is typically due to WordPress losing its database connection 🙁
If you open up a second tab to your /wp-admin page and occasionally refresh that page (30-60mins) that should prevent that from happening again.
Well I am VERY HAPPY to say that I am now successfully importing from vBulletin 3.8.4 to our new WordPress site. I can already browse through the topics and some posts, users, etc. Looks great. I just had one question:
The import is still occuring, and I know with 1.8 million posts it will take while. It already converted users and topics. Now it is creating a series of dashed lines. ———————-
Is this the posts themselves converting? Just curious how long this might take until finished. Just a rough estimate would be great. Thanks!
If you use wp_insert_post, remember to check if the post being saved is a forum.
Default forum type value is 'forum'.
But you should use bbp_get_forum_post_type() to use its current value in case it has been altered by some filter.
You may also take advantage of the following wordpress dynamic hook:
"save_post_{$post->post_type}"
which you would hook to with something like:
add_action("save_post_" . bbp_get_forum_post_type(), "my_hook");
Can you please provide more information how to use one of those two plugins to create a “default” structure in a sub-forum that is added manually at some point after installation?
It seems those plugins are suitable for creating/importing backups of WordPress content from one instance to another.
Hi siparker,
I won’t start about your first line about the ‘money’, but for adding new functionalities of finding code for existing tickets, https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org is one of the places that can be used for that. If a ticket is there and there is code attached, it makes a fair chance to be added into future versions.
Pascal.
Hi,
If this is the standard wordpress function (never used this function before), then you cannot have a ‘post_author_id’, should be ‘user_ID’ and the ‘post_author’ should be ‘comment_author’ …
See https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/preprocess_comment
But this is for comments, not for replies …
Pascal.
Well you cannot modify the functions in the template.php by copying over the file like the file in the bbPress default theme, which is in wp-content\plugins\bbpress\templates\default
To customize the code in template.php you would have to filter the code. Paste any new functions you create with the filters from the template.php file into a functions.php file in your child theme or in a custom functionality plugin.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_filter
https://codex.bbpress.org/step-by-step-guide-to-setting-up-a-bbpress-forum-part-5/
Hi
I’ve just added the bbpress plugin to my site and most things work as they should. However, I came to look at ‘my profile’ page and tried to edit my profile and found that the pages lacks a submit/update button!
I haven’t any tweaked css and I have tested this problem with the standard wordpress themes (thinking it was my theme that was the problem – it wasn’t). The profile page has the fields NAME, CONTACT INFO, ABOUT YOURSELF, ACCOUNT but the ACCOUNT heading has no textarea box and the submit button is just not there.
More: Just noticed in these forums that the profile page (edit) includes the users Account details like email, passowrd change – this is cut off in my install. The word ‘ACCOUNT’ is the end of that page.
I am using Ultimate Member so I wonder if there is a conflict?
Help?
thanks
yes use my style pack plugin and the alternate forum template
https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-style-pack/
You can also use the built in export WordPress WXR (which is just an XML file), and WordPress Importer plugin.
If you want to customise your site to match any of these formats then creating a child theme with the template changes that you’ve already made is the way to go.
And just some FYI on on this stuff from a bbPress context, historically bbPress has supported Microformats as this is also what WordPress uses and most of the search engines also support, Google included.
There is a long standing ticket in bbPress to get its breadcrumbs to work better with search engines though the fact as noted in that ticket is that none of the proposed specifications have been finalised, as none of the HTML5 microdata, Google Microdata Breadcrumbs or Bing Microdata Breadcrumbs specs are complete so we’ll probably go with the accessibility proposal instead.
Your theme looks to be using post meta to display the sidebars, so there might be custom fields to configure which sidebar to display which will most likely be on the default WordPress post types (page and post) when you create/edit them. These options may not be on the bbPress post type creation/editing screens in the WordPress backend.
I see there is a ton of code that might not even be usable because bbPress post types may not have these custom field options to configure things like the slider, background color, and other options I can see in the code.
I do see from the classes that this uses a responsive grid layout so maybe focus and keep this class as it is a two column layout, one for the content and one for the sidebar.
two_columns_66_33 grid2 clearfix
You may need to contact your theme author for further help on this.
ok, just eliminating as sometimes local (pc) installations can have url issues.
Can you tell us in
Dashboard>settings>forums
what the forums root is set to and also do yiu bave a wordpress page with [bbp-forum-index] on it? and if what is the url of that page?
This is the URL /forums/search/french+fries/ that is returning in the browser instead of the normal /?s=french+fries peram.
The first url is normal for the bbPress forums search, in the second is normal for default WordPress search.
https://bbpress.org/forums/search/French+Fries/
In a plain permalink setup the forum search does look like this
yoursite.com/forums/search/?action=bbp-search-request&bbp_search=french+fries
What other themes have you tried and what are the currently active plugins you have right now??
Thanks for the reply!
This is actually something I did before posting here (should have mentioned it) and while running the default 2015 theme, I am running into the same issue. This is the URL /forums/search/french+fries/ that is returning in the browser instead of the normal /?s=french+fries peram.
It’s strange as I have several other corporate wordpress sites running (not w/ bbpress) but have never had a problem with “out of the box” search widgets :)…
I will continue to test (only running 4 plugins) and see what comes from that.
I could not reduplicate this issue on a default theme like TwentyFifteen.
Try it on your end on a default theme and see if you come across the same result.
Try it on a test site/local site with a WordPress default theme, then try with your current theme.
bbpress 2.5.8
wordpress (not sure how to find this since I have limited access to the cms. our company always updates to the newest version)
In the forums the create new post editor doesn’t display correctly. There is no text editor, area of a title or tag/topic. I get two empty boxes with background fill and a submit button. This is the same on a reply to a post. It was working at one point since we tested the forum. I have completely uninstalled the plugin from the FTP and uploaded a fresh download.
Login:
[removed login info]
https://www.equipmentworldpeergroup.com/groups/test-group-a/forum/