Search Results for '\"wordpress\"'
-
Search Results
-
I run a WordPress blog and bbPress forums at Nearthwort Obtain.
In order to keep all discussion centralised, blog posts direct users to a corresponding topic in the forums for commenting.
If possible, I’d like to display a note next to each “Discuss” icon at the bottom of blog posts indicating how many comments have been posted in the post’s forum topic.
Is this possible?
Thanks for any help.
When would you expect for bbPress templates to be produce in great quantities and availability, sales or free downloads, this compared to WordPress templates history availability?
Topic: Alternate Post Backgrounds
Pardon my probable ignorance, but I was working on modding a wordpress theme to work with my bbPress install. I was wondering how to make it so that posts alternate color.
Topic: My go at it
So I needed a simple forum to go with the wordpress install I was about to use to revive an old forum I have as a news blog with a small comunity on the side and I decided to use wordpress and BBpress for the mix. I obviously had to make them connect and so I did, here’s the result: http://new.ngagept.net/
I was just unable to add gravatar support to my forum, can anyone help me with that?
Topic: Cannot modfy headers error
I installed the forums per the directions and used a sub-directory of WordPress (will move to subdomain after I get it all figured out) .
When I went to the install page I got the warnings:
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/B/l/u/BlueEyes61/html/info/forums/config.php:1) in /home/content/B/l/u/BlueEyes61/html/info/forums/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 39
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/B/l/u/BlueEyes61/html/info/forums/config.php:1) in /home/content/B/l/u/BlueEyes61/html/info/forums/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 39
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/B/l/u/BlueEyes61/html/info/forums/config.php:1) in /home/content/B/l/u/BlueEyes61/html/info/forums/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 168
Although I got it all installed when I try to login or logout I get these errors. I am using the integration plugin for WP as well. The forums are located at:
http://www.mapzone.net/info/forums/
I remember having this problem with XOOPS once but cant remember how I fixed it.
Topic: Image Upload
It would be great if there was a plugin that would allow members to upload images either as attachments or to be used inside the post, kind of how in wordpress when you’re writing a new post or page, you can upload a picture right there and then use it.
Topic: Timezone support
[preface: I’m just a simple WordPress support moderator, which uses bbPress]
It is very (very) conceivable this may be a dumb user question… but I’ll ask anyways.
Is there a way to get post dates in the support forums (or any bbPress forum) to show the time in my time zone?
Editing my user profile and poking around, I don’t see an option to set my proper time offset (I’m GMT – 7).
I know it’s not a huge deal, but it’d be keen to see!
Topic: 500 Internal Server Error
I donno what went wrong. But when i try to find post using tag, i got “500 Internal Server Error”. I have try disable pretty permalink and still no luck.
Anyone know what went wrong? Using wordpress 2.0.5 and bbpress 0.73
Registration in WP should be registration on bbpress, so bbpress will use wp_users in wordpress database.
When login through wp-login.php, automatically login at bbpress
So I made some changes in my config.php (bbpress file) and in wp-config.php (wp file)
They are:
config.php
<?php
require_once('/home/........................./public_html/wp-blog-header.php');
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define('BBDB_NAME', 'xxx'); // The name of the database
define('BBDB_USER', 'xxx'); // Your MySQL username
define('BBDB_PASSWORD', 'xxx'); // ...and password
define('BBDB_HOST', 'localhost'); // 99% chance you won't need to change this value
define('CUSTOM_USER_TABLE', 'wp_users');
define('CUSTOM_USER_META_TABLE', 'wp_usermeta');
// Change the prefix if you want to have multiple forums in a single database.
$bb_table_prefix = 'bb_'; // Only letters, numbers and underscores please!
// If your bbPress URL is http://bbpress.example.com/forums/ , the examples would be correct.
// Adjust the domain and path to suit your actual URL.
// Just the domain name; no directories or path. There should be no trailing slash here.
$bb->domain = ‘http://site.ru’; // Example: ‘http://bbpress.example.com’
// There should be both a leading and trailing slash here. ‘/’ is fine if the site is in root.
$bb->path = ‘/forum/’; // Example: ‘/forums/’
// What are you going to call me?
$bb->name = ‘Форум’;
// This must be set before running the install script.
$bb->admin_email = ‘admin@site.ru’;
// Set to true if you want pretty permalinks.
$bb->mod_rewrite = true;
// The number of topics that show on each page.
$bb->page_topics = 30;
// A user can edit a post for this many minutes after submitting.
$bb->edit_lock = 60;
// Your timezone offset. Example: -7 for Pacific Daylight Time.
$bb->gmt_offset = 0;
// Change this to localize bbPress. A corresponding MO file for the
// chosen language must be installed to bb-includes/languages.
// For example, install de.mo to bb-includes/languages and set BBLANG to ‘de’
// to enable German language support.
define(‘BBLANG’, ”);
// Your Akismet Key. You do not need a key to run bbPress, but if you want to take advantage
// of Akismet’s powerful spam blocking, you’ll need one. You can get an Akismet key at
// http://wordpress.com/api-keys/
$bb->akismet_key = false;
// The rest is only useful if you are integrating bbPress with WordPress.
// If you’re not, just leave the rest as it is.
$bb->wp_table_prefix = ‘wp_’; // WordPress table prefix. Example: ‘wp_’;
$bb->wp_home = ‘http://site.ru’; // WordPress – Options->General: Blog address (URL) // No trailing slash
$bb->wp_siteurl = ‘http://site.ru’; // WordPress – Options->General: WordPress address (URL) // No trailing slash
/* Stop editing */
/**************************
* Start WP integration
**************************/
// My bbpress is in a subdirectory of my WP install… must bew a nicer way of doing this??
if(file_exists(“../wp-settings.php”))
{
// loads the functions and wp config
require_once “../wp-config.php”;
require_once “../wp-settings.php”;
// use the WP user table for your bbpress user list
define(‘CUSTOM_USER_TABLE’, ‘wp_users’);
// your $bb->domain must match your wp domain exactly or the hash won’t work and users will not authenticate.
$myhash = md5($bb->domain);
$bb->usercookie = ‘wordpressuser_’ . $myhash;
$bb->passcookie = ‘wordpresspass_’ . $myhash;
// Use the same cookie as WP
$bb->cookiepath = ‘/’;
}
/**************************
* End WP integration
**************************/
define(‘BBPATH’, dirname(__FILE__) . ‘/’ );
require_once( BBPATH . ‘bb-settings.php’ );
?>
And I add in wp-config.php:
// Cookies, bbPress fix
$bb->cookiedomain = 'localhost';
$bb->cookiepath = '/';
I register new user in worpdress and then go to my bbpress.
Bbpress says my “user not found”
What is my mistake?
This is one area where WordPress and bbPress are quite different.
)