You probably have the path to the wp-blog-header.php wrong. You can try the full path there in the bb-config.php or you can verify that the relative path is actually correct. You may need to do something like ../wordpress/wp-blog-header.php if your WordPress installation is in a folder on the same level as bbpress. It’s easy to figure out if you have a command line. If not, if you can describe your directory structure, someone can help you with the path to wp-blog-header.php.
I turned that plugin off long ago as well (but sometimes run it manually), because as the forum grew, it was taking longer and longer to regenerate the sitemap, as the visitor waited, as _ck_ said. The Google XML Sitemap plugin for WordPress doesn’t have that problem, but I have no idea what makes it different.
bbPress attempted to correct where it could some of the naming and placement issues for files and functions that persisted in WordPress because of legacy reasons. In that way and a few others it’s design is subtly superior to WordPress.
“Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_forums() in public_html/bbpress/index.php on line 11”
I am new to bbPress and new to WP as well…was trying to integrate WP and bbPress. After integration everything seemed to work perfectly, than I tried to follow this…
“Functions
bbPress will not have access to WordPress’ functions unless you manually tell bbPress to load WordPress first. In order to do that, you need to put require_once(‘path/to/wp-blog-header.php’); in bbPress’ bb-config.php (wp-blog-header is in the same directory as WordPress’ wp-config.php file).
Doing this will add quite a lot of weight to your bbPress installation as it will cause WordPress to load in it’s entirety. Your best option is to try to emulate the functionality you require inside a bbPress plugin.”
Putting:
“require_once(‘../wp-blog-header.php’)
but the Fatal Error occurred.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
It may be a little thing, but I don’t understand why the themes and plugin folders have different names (and are stored in different places) from the similar folders in WordPress.
I reformatted the code so it looks pretty:
<object width="120" height="240">
<param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/c7cf54857a3ba44d" />
</param>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
</param>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
</param>
<param name="event_title" value="Help%20bbPress" />
</param>
<param name="event_desc" value="bbPress.org%20is%20powered%20by%20the%20same%20poeple%20that%20power%20WordPress.%20The%20forum%20you%20see%20here%20is%20powered%20by%20bbPress.%20They%20need%20your%20help%2C%20please%20give%21" />
</param>
<embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/c7cf54857a3ba44d" flashVars="event_title=Help%20bbPress&event_desc=bbPress.org%20is%20powered%20by%20the%20same%20poeple%20that%20power%20WordPress.%20The%20forum%20you%20see%20here%20is%20powered%20by%20bbPress.%20They%20need%20your%20help%2C%20please%20give%21" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="120" height="240"></embed>
</object>
There is someone now doing bbPress themes on a professional level to match WordPress themes so maybe ask them too:
Front
(per bbpress.org “rules” I am now closing this thread)
I am a budding new Internet Marketer and I have no money.
But that doesn’t mean I can’t help… My forum is just in it’s infancy but you can see how I am helping bbPress.org round up some money to continue it’s work.
http://forums.seocoalition.com
I have included in the left hand side a ChipIn.com widget. I will try to raise $500 dollars for bbPress.org and see if we can get _ck_ some extra cash to keep the process going.
I don’t know if this is going to work but I am willing to try. I think that anyone using this free product should give something back.
I am putting the code for the widget below and you can use it on your sites or what have you to help out. If you need different sizes, let me know and I will see what I can do.
<object width="120" height="240"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/c7cf54857a3ba44d"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="event_title" value="Help%20bbPress"></param><param name="event_desc" value="bbPress.org%20is%20powered%20by%20the%20same%20poeple%20that%20power%20WordPress.%20The%20forum%20you%20see%20here%20is%20powered%20by%20bbPress.%20They%20need%20your%20help%2C%20please%20give%21"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/c7cf54857a3ba44d" flashVars="event_title=Help%20bbPress&event_desc=bbPress.org%20is%20powered%20by%20the%20same%20poeple%20that%20power%20WordPress.%20The%20forum%20you%20see%20here%20is%20powered%20by%20bbPress.%20They%20need%20your%20help%2C%20please%20give%21" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="120" height="240"></embed></object>
Alternatively if you don’t trust me, go to ChipIn.com and create your own widget to help out the cause!
mzimmers, point your BROWSER (not an FTP) to yourdomain.com/wp-admin/options.php
Like mine is http://jorjafox.net/blog/wp-admin/options.php
And it is documented where these are on the WordPress Side, which is how I knew
Hi –
I’m trying to install the current alpha version of bbpress. In step 2, I’ve selection the option to add cookie integration settings (since I’d like shared login with my WordPress site (version 2.6.3 of WP).
The installer is asking for “salts”; the explanation is:
<i>This must match the value of the WordPress setting named “auth_salt” in your WordPress installation. Look for the option labeled “auth_salt” in this WordPress admin page. If you leave this blank the installer will try to fetch the value based on your WordPress database integration settings.</i>
I have no idea what this auth_salt is. A text search of my WP directory reveals a reference to it, but no definition. And, I’m not sure what the directions mean by “WordPress admin page,” but I can’t find anything in there about this either.
Any idea what’s going on? Thanks.
There is no plugin to do that with bbPress that I know of. You didn’t actually ask about that initially either. To put bbPress info in your WordPress sidebar, with 1.0-alpha, bbPress Live is great.
The closest thing for you with version 0.9.0.2 is bbSync. bbPress live is for the 1.0 versions.
https://bbpress.org/forums/tags/bbsync
https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bbsync/
OK…thanks for that. I have the three keys in the bb-config.php file matching their equivalents in the wp-config.php file.
NOW: what do I put in during step 2 of the installation where it asks for “WordPress cookie secret key” and “WordPress database secret”? It tells me to look at fields in my wp-config.php file, but the fields it references don’t exist.
I’m wondering if maybe the directions on the install are out of step with the software, but…I still don’t know what do do here.
Thanks…
I’m running 2.6.3 of WordPress and attempting to install the current alpha release of bb.
And…the thread you cited doesn’t seem to address the issues I brought up. Before that thread, I’d never come across the term “salt” and I still don’t know what it is.
If this is about WordPress, you might want to post over at WordPress.org support. If this is about bbPress, please explain more and post contact information for yourself. Then we will close this topic.
Support Forums
You can also access a WordPress professionals list if you’re looking to hire someone.
http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-pro
Okay, I did some testing of
$bb->wp_home = 'http://ipstenu.org'; and $bb->wp_home = 'http://ipstenu.org/bblog'; and ffft.
So. This doesn’t really bother me much, since I don’t mind people double-logging in. It’s only annoying in the realm of I hate when code doesn’t work right! 
WP 2.6.3, BP 1.0-alpha-2
bb-config
// WordPress cookie integration speedup
$bb->wp_siteurl = 'http://jorjafox.net/blog';
$bb->wp_home = 'http://jorjafox.net';
$bb->cookiedomain = '.jorjafox.net';
$bb->cookiepath = '/';
$bb->authcookie = 'wordpress_DELETED';
$bb->secure_auth_cookie = 'wordpress_sec_DELETED';
$bb->logged_in_cookie = 'wordpress_logged_in_';
$bb->admin_cookie_path = '/forums/bb-admin';
$bb->core_plugins_cookie_path = '/forums/bb-plugins';
$bb->user_plugins_cookie_path = '/forums/my-plugins';
$bb->sitecookiepath = '/';
$bb->wp_admin_cookie_path = '/blog/wp-admin';
$bb->wp_plugins_cookie_path = '/blog/wp-content/plugins';
// End integration speedups
WP-config
// Cookies
define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.jorjafox.net');
define('COOKIEPATH', '/' );
I’ve also tried with no cookie settings in my wp-config. Right now it’s commented out. It’s sharing the admin cookie, since I can get into WP-admin if I log in with BBpress, but I don’t show up as a user (if I go to make a comment, it gives me the screen anon users see). If I log in via WP, I’m only logged into WP.
Which versions of WordPress and bbPress are you installing?
Does this thread help at all?
https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-10-alpha-2-released/page/2
What notes are you referring to? The inline notes in step 2 for the “WordPress cookie secret key” say:
This value must match the value of the constant named “SECRET_KEY” in your WordPress wp-config.php file. This will replace the bbPress cookie secret key set in the first step.
The inline notes for the WordPress database secret say:
This must match the value of the WordPress setting named “secret” in your WordPress installation. Look for the option labeled “secret” in this WordPress admin page. If you leave this blank the installer will try to fetch the value based on your WordPress database integration settings.
Am I missing another source of notes? These don’t tell me what I need to know. Thanks…
To get the database connection details, either look in wp-config.php in your WordPress installation, or get them from your cPanel.
You can install bbPress in the same database as WordPress, it will use a table prefix of bb_ by default. It’s actually recommended to use the same database if you’re going to try integration at some point. So, there’s no need to create a new database, just use the connection details for the database you use for WordPress and ensure the table prefixes are different. By default, WordPress uses wp_ and bbPress uses bb_.
I think the bbPress Live WordPress plugin will do what you want.
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress-live/
“bbPress Live allows the display of information from
a bbPress 1.0 forum from inside a WordPress blog.”
OK, that seemed to work. Now…when the new install asks me for the WordPress cookie secret key…what do I give it? There are three keys in my wp-config.php file.
Also, what is this WordPress database secret? I’m not aware of anything like that.
These are in step 2 of the bb install, BTW.
Thanks.
Hi, I have a weblog that powered by wordpress in these address http://www.caspiantools.ir, add I install bbpress in these address http://www.forum.caspiantools.ir successfully. Can you see me a plugin that show my 10 or 15 last forum posts in side bar on my blog theme? I use Persian language in my forum, and it must to be right to left, what can I do for RTLing?
and my .htaccess file is :
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress