Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugins Locations

• 787consulting

@787consulting

I have been dowloading the plugins from the forums and now in several readme.txt files the creators keep refering to the plugins location at /my-plugins/.

Now in WP I know that plugins is located under w-content/plugins/ so I had assumed that bb-plugins was the correct folder.

is /my-plugins/ just a verbage for a standard plugin folder or do you have to create a new folder?

PS I know what they say about assuming… makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You need to create the folder :) You’ll have these folders on the root of your forums:

/bb-admin/
    /bb-cache/
    /bb-includes/
    /bb-plugins/
    /bb-templates/
    /my-plugins/
    /my-templates/

mobiel-internet

@mobiel-internet

You can just use the /my-plugins/ folder

787consulting

@787consulting

Thanks guys!

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

The core developers absolutely refuse to ship bbPress with pre-made /my-plugins and /my-templates directory for reasons I cannot fathom. It’s very weird, especially since documentation to create it is very sparse and they will still work if you put items incorrectly into the bb- directories.

It may be a little thing, but I don’t understand why the themes and plugin folders have different names (and are stored in different places) from the similar folders in WordPress.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

bbPress attempted to correct where it could some of the naming and placement issues for files and functions that persisted in WordPress because of legacy reasons. In that way and a few others it’s design is subtly superior to WordPress.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I have asked in the past about including the my-plugins and my-templates directories as well. I wish someone of authority would explain the reason to not include two empty directories in the archive. There must be a good reason.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar