Search Results for '"wordpress"'
-
AuthorSearch Results
-
February 4, 2007 at 5:15 pm #51969
In reply to: Latest bbPress Posts In WordPress
ccmve
MemberThanks guys! I copied the BBP tables over to my WP db, and everything worked out fine — with the added bonus that this plugin now works perfectly. Maybe I missed it, but I think the BBP install instructions should make a point of recommending that BBP be installed in the WP database.
February 4, 2007 at 4:19 pm #53758In reply to: Another integration problem – login
flaerpen
MemberI think the problem is that my bbpress forum isn’t in a subdirectory in WordPress. My blog is in a subdirectory in bbpress, like this: /forum/ <- my forum and then /forum/blog/ <- where my blog is.
I’ve read the documentation about it and how do I with the cookies? What should I change so it works, because I really think that’s the problem!?
(EDIT: I’m using WP 2.0.4 with the bbpress 0.75)
February 4, 2007 at 3:48 pm #51968In reply to: Latest bbPress Posts In WordPress
Trent Adams
MemberIt is pretty simple to just copy the bbPress tables into the WordPress database. If you use a mySQL export script, it will actually create the tables syntax and install it perferctly! It is way easier on many integration plugins (not just this one) when they are in the same database!
Trent
February 4, 2007 at 3:27 pm #51967In reply to: Latest bbPress Posts In WordPress
baptiste
Memberccmve,
It is – and it will make your life a lot easier. Makes your config simpler too.
February 4, 2007 at 8:56 am #53610In reply to: can’t access Admin page
ateale
MemberHey Ardentfrost,
Sorry for taking so long to get back to your reply – i really appreciate it!
Cheers!
Here’s the config file:
<?php
require_once('../wp-blog-header.php');
define('WP_BB', true);
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define('BBDB_NAME', '*******'); // The name of the database
define('BBDB_USER', '*******'); // Your MySQL username
define('BBDB_PASSWORD', '*********'); // ...and password
define('BBDB_HOST', '**********'); // 99% chance you won't need to change this value
// Change the prefix if you want to have multiple forums in a single database.
$bb_table_prefix = 'bb_'; // Only letters, numbers and underscores please!
// If your bbPress URL is http://bbpress.example.com/forums/ , the examples would be correct.
// Adjust the domain and path to suit your actual URL.
// Just the domain name; no directories or path. There should be no trailing slash here.
$bb->domain = 'http://blog.lumanation.com'; // Example: 'http://bbpress.example.com'
// There should be both a leading and trailing slash here. '/' is fine if the site is in root.
$bb->path = '/bbpress/'; // Example: '/forums/'
// What are you going to call me?
$bb->name = 'Lumanation bbPress';
// This must be set before running the install script.
$bb->admin_email = '********com';
// Set to true if you want pretty permalinks.
$bb->mod_rewrite = false;
// The number of topics that show on each page.
$bb->page_topics = 30;
// A user can edit a post for this many minutes after submitting.
$bb->edit_lock = 60;
// Your timezone offset. Example: -7 for Pacific Daylight Time.
$bb->gmt_offset = 8;
// Change this to localize bbPress. A corresponding MO file for the
// chosen language must be installed to bb-includes/languages.
// For example, install de.mo to bb-includes/languages and set BBLANG to 'de'
// to enable German language support.
define('BBLANG', '');
// Your Akismet Key. You do not need a key to run bbPress, but if you want to take advantage
// of Akismet's powerful spam blocking, you'll need one. You can get an Akismet key at
// http://wordpress.com/api-keys/
$bb->akismet_key = ''; // Example: '0123456789ab'
// The rest is only useful if you are integrating bbPress with WordPress.
// If you're not, just leave the rest as it is.
$bb->wp_table_prefix = 'wp_'; // WordPress table prefix. Example: 'wp_';
$bb->wp_home = 'http://blog.lumanation.com'; // WordPress - Options->General: Blog address (URL) // No trailing slash. Example: 'http://example.com'
$bb->wp_siteurl = 'http://blog.lumanation.com'; // WordPress - Options->General: WordPress address (URL) // No trailing slash. Example: 'http://example.com'
/* Stop editing */
define('BBPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/' );
require_once( BBPATH . 'bb-settings.php' );
?>
February 4, 2007 at 7:46 am #54023In reply to: phpbb -> bbpress -> wordpress
ateale
MemberHey guys!
sorry i didn’t get back to your replies sooner. Thanks for the effort!
Yeah i am trying to work out whether to use bbpress or wordpress or both. But most importantly want to get away from phpBB2
I see both *press being powerful. I am not sure whether to offer both tools on our site, or just go with wordpress.
BBpress has allowed me to keep all our previous years content from phpBB2. But i am just not sure whether to use it or not.
Our members might get confused where to post entries and how to reply/comment.
I’d just go with bbpress but at the moment wordpress seems to have a lot of goodies like themes/pplugins that i am using.
Sorry i realised I am crapping on!
Any ideas/recommendations?
February 3, 2007 at 3:12 pm #1341Topic: wordpress.com support design
in forum Requests & FeedbackTrent Adams
MemberJust thought I would bring a little attention to the bbPress installation that they are using over at wordpress.com support forums. I really like the design of that support forum. Looks good Micheal!
Trent
February 3, 2007 at 2:24 pm #50872In reply to: Email Notification
stagger
MemberI found an email notification plugin for WordPress here:
http://watershedstudio.com/portfolio/software/wp-email-notification.html
and somehow related to bbpress I’ve found a plugin called TracNotification here:
https://trac.bbpress.org/wiki/TracNotification
But I don’t get it. Do I have to install Trac completely on my server just to make bbpress send out notifications?
February 2, 2007 at 10:05 pm #54022In reply to: phpbb -> bbpress -> wordpress
Trent Adams
MemberThis will be a big issue for quite a few people I think. In fact, there has been 2 occurances that I could have used an export function and frankly, the wordpress XML format would be my preference!
Trent
February 2, 2007 at 10:02 pm #53957In reply to: Flooding user accounts
Trent Adams
MemberI don’t have many that make it through Akismet for not being marked as BOZO, just the fact that BOZO or not they are pulled over to WordPress through the integration plugin. Soon enough we will fix this!
Trent
February 2, 2007 at 9:44 pm #53057In reply to: Plugin: Private Forums v 2.1
drtech
ParticipantA friend who loves WordPress (www.jcbd.com). Gave me this to work with the plugin.
It goes in the rss2 file.
<description><?php
if ( strstr( get_topic_title(), ‘[Members Only]’) ) echo ‘[Text of this post available to logged-in members only.]’;
else post_text();
?></description>
To see this work go to http://koma-inu.org/bbpress/
Do not log in. Firefox or Safari sould get the same results.
February 2, 2007 at 9:13 pm #53557In reply to: Plugin: Forum Restriction
drtech
ParticipantA friend who loves WordPress (www.jcbd.com). Gave me this to work with the plugin.
It goes in the rss2 file.
<description><?php
if ( strstr( get_topic_title(), ‘[Members Only]’) ) echo ‘[Text of this post available to logged-in members only.]’;
else post_text();
?></description>
To see this work go to http://koma-inu.org/bbpress/
Do not log in. Firefox or Safari sould get the same results.
February 2, 2007 at 2:38 pm #54046In reply to: Login / Logout WP + bbPress Cookies?
so1o
Participantif you have the forum as a sub folder in wp installation and have the wp_siteurl and wp_home url set you shouldnt have a problem..
if you dont have the instllation that way… go to
https://bbpress.org/documentation/integration-with-wordpress/
and look up the cookies section to fix the problem
February 2, 2007 at 5:20 am #1340Topic: Login / Logout WP + bbPress Cookies?
in forum Installationmattpeckham
MemberI think I’ve got everything set correctly in my config.php file, but for some reason whenever I login to WordPress then switch to my forums, I’m logged out of bbPress. If I log into the forums then switch back to WordPress, I’m logged out of WordPress.
I have the ‘define’ and ‘require_once’ lines in my config.php file, and registered WP users *are* showing up correctly in both locations…isn’t it supposed to be possible to login once for both? Note I’m using Safari…
Cheers,
Matt
February 1, 2007 at 7:47 pm #54042In reply to: Can’t get WordPress and bbPress to integrate
kineda
Memberthanks… I’ll go ahead and do that.
February 1, 2007 at 7:34 pm #54041In reply to: Can’t get WordPress and bbPress to integrate
bbolman
Participantyeah, unfortunately at the moment the two need to be in the same database for the integration to work. You don’t necessarily need to reinstall, you can probably just copy your info from one db to the other.
February 1, 2007 at 6:54 pm #54040In reply to: Can’t get WordPress and bbPress to integrate
kineda
MemberI guess they’re supposed to be in the same db.. DOH!?!
“Setting $bb->wp_table_prefix in bbPress’s config.php will tell bbPress to grab users and user meta data from those WordPress tables (in the same database as your bbPress tables).”
They need to make this a bit more clear for folks that are trying to integrate the two. If you’re installing bbPress without going to the integration instructions first, you’ll have to restart the entire process.
bbolman – is what I’m saying correct? if so, I’ll start the re-install. thanks.
February 1, 2007 at 6:49 pm #54039In reply to: Can’t get WordPress and bbPress to integrate
kineda
MemberNo, they each have their own database. Was bbPress supposed to be installed in the same database as WordPress?
February 1, 2007 at 6:48 pm #54038In reply to: Can’t get WordPress and bbPress to integrate
bbolman
Participantbbpress and wordpress are installed in the same database?
February 1, 2007 at 6:38 pm #54037In reply to: Can’t get WordPress and bbPress to integrate
kineda
MemberThere’s only 1 user in bbPress (admin account/keymaster)
There are thousands of users registered on my WordPress blog, http://www.kineda.com.
None of the registered users from WordPress are showing up in bbPress.
It seems as if the wordpress-integration plugin in the /my-plugins/ folder isn’t doing it’s job. Is there a way to check if it’s running?
February 1, 2007 at 6:31 pm #54036In reply to: Can’t get WordPress and bbPress to integrate
so1o
Participantjust to understand the problem.. you have more than 1 user in the system..
February 1, 2007 at 6:04 pm #54035In reply to: Can’t get WordPress and bbPress to integrate
kineda
MemberFebruary 1, 2007 at 6:02 pm #54034In reply to: Can’t get WordPress and bbPress to integrate
kineda
MemberYes, I have. As stated above, I added the wordpress plugin and activated it in the plugin control panel on WordPress. Then set the table structure to “bb_”
I then uploaded the wordpress-integration plugin into the /my-plugins/ folder.
So both plugins have been added.
February 1, 2007 at 5:59 pm #54033In reply to: Can’t get WordPress and bbPress to integrate
bbolman
Participanthave you added the wordpress plugin and activated it?
February 1, 2007 at 5:39 pm #54032In reply to: Can’t get WordPress and bbPress to integrate
kineda
MemberI added the two lines to the top of the file:
define(‘WP_BB’, true);
require_once( ‘/httpdocs/wp-config.php’);
Still only 1 user showing in the wp_users table.
-
AuthorSearch Results