Search Results for ‘remove sidebar’
My site is here and I want to have full screen forum, no right sidebar
I have template full-width-page.php that will do the tricl
But how to use that template only when the forum is visible?
Topic: Can't remove sidebar
I’ve installed bbpress, and I’m using the default twentytwelwe theme. I created a page for the forum index, selected the full-width page template, but the sidebar won’t go away. How can I remove the sidebar?
Topic: Forum Dashboard problem
I’ve bee banging my head for a couple of days with my bbpress forum. There is a problem with the sidebar on the forum page as you can see here http://tricksforaffiliates.com/?post_type=forum . The sidebar location is before the main page instead of next to it. It works ok everywhere else.
I’ve tried to find where the problem lies. At first I called the forum via a page with the link to option and could remove the sidebar from page.php but of course that made it disappear everywhere else too. I checked the bbpress php files and usually appears before the footer call not after header. I don’t know if that tells me anything.
I also tried finding something with firebug but to no avail. I am able to remove the dash and the page looks ok, but the problem is cause I can’t figure out which document the code refers to and don’t know where to search for a problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wordpress version: 3.5.1
bbPress version: 2.2.4
how do I remove the sidebar on wordpress forums?
Since the forum does not appear on the list page.
and secondly, how do I customize bbPress login widget?
Because the default widget does not match my template.
Topic: bbPress Forum Questions
A few quick questions
How can I remove my widgets and sidebar from just my forum page. Also, how can I remove the comment section on my forum page.
What is the bbPress sidebar. I put some bbPress widgets in it but I did not see any changes.
Lastly, how can I display the bbPress Login Widget (that allows people to register, login, and find lost password) on only my forum page.
All input is appreciated.
Topic: SideBar Removal
Can anyone advise me on the CSS I would use to remove the sidebars from my BBpress forum. It is pulling the sidebars from my theme, and I would like them removed.
Here is my forum URL…
I wuold also like to make the width 100% too. Any chance I can get that code too?
Hello, I am using lates bbpress 2.2.4 plugin with wordpress 3.5.1, php 5.4.3 & php 5.3.2.
This plugin is showing me many issues specially for user pages (profile, edit, etc.)
I am using twenty twelve theme, very little customized.
1) I wanted to set a different sidebar for bbpress forum pages than other wordpress pages, so I checked and found the default template used by bbpress is ‘page.php’. I copied it, renamed to ‘forum.php‘ and added a new dynamic sidebar and commented default sidebar. It worked fine and now I can set any widget to this sidebar. I have checked that either I place ‘forum.php’ or ‘forums.php’ both working fine similar. Not sure which one is more correct.
2) On the bbpress users pages the profile content and edit form is not displaying full in widht cutting as its width overridden by sidebar, breaking layout. The content area ‘primary’ div is given a width in theme and having ‘secondary’ as sidebar. All other contents properly adjusted on every bbpress pages, but only this bbpress user profile edit page have the issue. The form should also be adjusted within the content area. Ex. url: http://mysite.com/forums/users/testuser/edit
3) Now, suppose to fix the issue mentioned above in point 3), I want to remove sidebar from users pages and give the primary content area more full width, how I can do it? One way is to forcibly hide the sidebar with css and make primary content wider with !important. But I want a way to change user pages template. Is it possible to have different template for user pages than bbpress other pages? I found that users pages also generating using ‘page.php’, in my case ‘forum.php’ template now. I tried alot by copying and changing ‘page.php’ to ‘user.php’, ‘users.php’, etc. but its not working. Please let me know how can I set user pages to use a different template file and rest bb pages use my forum.php or forums.php whatever.
4) For any user when I click ‘topic started’ or ‘replies created’ link, both show counts properly but the table didn’t appear. I checked in firebug, it present there but hidden somehow. Same issue mentioned here http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/profile-topics-or-replies-posts-not-being-displayed/ , I tried with the same thing, but till now no proper solution there. Please let me know proper way to fix it.
5) If suppose I want to completely hide the user-profile links on all bbpress forum/topic authors, on all bb pages, I mean want to display only author gravatars and usernames but want no link on them, so other people cannot go to their profile pages, how can I do that? A little help given here http://forum.graphene-theme.com/graphene-support/show-the-author-but-hide-its-link, but its not working properly. But I think it can be done with right filters in the same way. Please let me know with sample code.
6) Used the official facebook plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/facebook/ , and displayed the like button, like box for my facebook page using it in my site footer, header etc. But I found that on the user pages like edit profile, profile view etc. facebook widgets are completely disabled and not visible. On other bbpress forum pages they are displaying well. I checked with page source and found even facebook sdk is not embeded in page source. Their must be an conflict on bbpress user pages with facebook sdk which stopping it to be enqueued. This need to be checked and fixed.
These all issues mentioned here are serious issues with bbpress specially for user pages and must be solved and have proper solutions.
I dont expect from a single person to answer or fix all of above points, but hope different people will help me for different points (just mentioning points in their replies).
Further I expect from bbpress authors to work on these issues and release a fixed version. May be some of above points just because of lack some documentation, so they can mention some solution in its FAQ itself, so people having same problems can get help without searching or posting here in forum.
How to download:
- Its GPL and free
- Based on Twitter Bootstrap and all WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress files using only bootstrap css. That means you can use custom bootstrap styles and all of your site will use same theme style. There is already 13 custom bootstrap theme is included in theme from Bootswatch. In future, i will explain how you can add custom bootstrap styles
- Using Bootstrap Responsive so all your site will be mobile ready. BuddyPress and bbPRess too!
- Using Theme Customization API for theme options. It means you can see changes on live edit and you can easily extend options with wordpress functions directly. A video on action: http://youtu.be/F95TngS9er8 (Its a bit old version of theme but a good example for main theme options)
- Google Fonts! lots of! You can choose google fonts from theme options ( watch example video from above)
- 4 different layout:
- Content – Sidebar
- Sidebar – Content
- Only Content (Long)
- Only Content (Short)
- You can upload logo,disable comments, activate facebook comments, activate sharing buttons (facebook,twitter and google+1), upload custom background and option to remove responsive for fixed width if you want.
- Supporting Post Formats! Formats have special template parts with get_template_part and video,audio formats calling necessary js that need to play video or audios. System supporting oEmbed links too.
- Ready for translation. Theme’s default language is English and Turkish translation is included. ( You can send me your translations if you have). You can use Codestyling Localization for translating theme.
- I will add lots of filter and action (already have lots of) so you can use it as starter theme for your projects. I will explain how you can keep your customization while keeping theme up-to-date.
Themes are in review for publishing on WordPress.Org Theme Directory but in meantime, you can download and try it from links above. Please share your opinions on theme in this topic.
Topic: Forum is missing
Hello guys. I don’t know what i did wrong I had the forum working a previous version of my website, but since the theme change, i can’t get it set up for my life.
It might be important to note that there was a situation during the instillation of bbpress. I was at the last step of the instillation, when my website crashed. One of my folders was duplicated or something. I removed the file from my file manager and got my site back. BBpress is now installed, alongside buddypress but when i go to my forum page there’s nothing there.
I think i need step by step instructions. When i make a page named “Forum” and assign that page to the bbpress pages tab, nothing happens. I have a code to make my forum fancy and thats not working either.
I am using the newest wordpress, and the newest bbpress.
My website is at http://www.goodpoker.ca
This is the code i need to put somewhere…
ID, ‘sidebar_value’, true);
do_action( ‘bp_before_directory_forums_page’ ); ?>
<div class="padder contentbox “>
<input type="submit" name="submit_topic" id="submit" class="none" style="opacity:0;" value="” />
<input type="button" name="submit_topic_cancel" id="submit_topic_cancel" value="” />
<?php printf( __( "You are not a member of any groups so you don't have any group forums you can post in. To start posting, first find a group that matches the topic subject you'd like to start. If this group does not exist, why not create a new group? Once you have joined or created the group you can post your topic in that group’s forum.”, ‘buddypress’ ), site_url( bp_get_groups_root_slug() . ‘/create/’ ) ) ?>
<a href="”><?php printf( __( 'All Topics %s’, ‘buddypress’ ), bp_get_forum_topic_count() ); ?>
<a href="”><?php printf( __( 'My Topics %s’, ‘buddypress’ ), bp_get_forum_topic_count_for_user( bp_loggedin_user_id() ) ); ?>