Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Search Results for 'test'

Viewing 25 results - 5,976 through 6,000 (of 11,647 total)
  • Author
    Search Results
  • Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    From that error it appears and is actually the case that not all of the files for bbPress were updated on your web host when you updated bbPress.

    – Make a backup of your site and database

    – Open your WordPress Admin Dashboard and go to Plugins

    – Deactivate the bbPress plugin (It should already be deactivated)

    – Delete the bbPress plugin and accept the confirmation that it will delete those files

    – Download the bbPress plugin again from the ‘Add New’ plugins section

    – Activate the bbPress plugin

    You should be all good to go now presuming this time your web host has downloaded and extracted all the files correctly to your site.

    ps. If you ever do need to download a current or previous version you can download them in .zip form to manually extract and upload via FTP to your web host via https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress/developers/
    (The current version of bbPress at the time of writing is bbPress 2.2.3)

    #124650

    In reply to: Possible RSS Feed Bug

    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    You can test feeds with the W3C Feed Validator http://validator.w3.org/feed/

    As to why your feed is failing I think is probably an issue with your web host as when I check your feed the results are “Server returned HTTP Error 404: Not Found” and I would expect IFTTT would also have problems parsing the feed.

    http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fprothemedesign.com%2Fforums%2Ffeed%2F

    https://bbpress.org/topics/feed/ @ W3C Feed Validation Service
    https://bbpress.org/forums/feed/ @ W3C Feed Validation Service

    glimmerguy
    Participant

    When I updated to the latest plugin version today it triggered a fatal error. We were updating because the forums had stopped showing any new posts since Dec. 16 and thought maybe an updated plugin might help. We are still using WordPress version 3.4.2 due to being in the middle of changing servers. My friend has requested that we go back to the previous plugin since at least the forums were showing up, albeit frozen, while she finds a bbPress expert. Problem is, I never had a copy of the bbPress plugin—I downloaded it from the WordPress Plugin site, which now shows only the most recent version. Can anyone tell me where I could find an earlier version of the plugin to download? Also, any thoughts where we can find someone to help us with our ongoing bbPress issues? Thanks very much.
    Website: http://thefriendshipblog.com

    Here is the error, which unfortunately is gibberish to me:
    Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
    Warning: require(/home/friendbl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/topics/functions.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/friendbl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbpress.php on line 303

    #124624

    In reply to: Limited posts

    aerokat
    Participant

    I also had this problem on the old bbpress 1 (stand alone). I thought it was because it wasn’t the latest version. After 40-some large posts, it hangs up and won’t allow me to post anymore.

    But last night I set up the lastest with my current forum. I’ve tried two different browsers at two different locations/IP addresses and computers. I get the same thing.

    livninctry
    Participant

    Quick update – (this might help other users) As part of the troubleshooting I removed all bbpress plugins and supporting plugins from Suffusion and reinstalled and now the tinymce are present. Not sure what changes it made, but it appears to be working now.

    livninctry
    Participant

    Have discovered that this is a conflict with the theme (Suffusion) that I am using. Any advice on how to get the tinymce to show up again would be great, since I really like this theme and do not want to switch.

    Likely unknown issues surfacing, or bbPress becoming more complex over time and W3TC interoperability not being specifically tested.

    #124589
    Will Brownsberger
    Participant

    Just a follow up.

    Here is a different plug in that does a reasonable job:

    https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress-post-topics/

    After installing it, go to discussion settings and then set it to create a forum topic for each post, copy tags, etc. Then you have an option to apply settings to all existing posts.

    I tried this on a test site and it worked pretty well. It did not do all the bookkeeping of reply counts correctly, but it did create appropriate topics for each post and import the comments and replies to them.

    It is also reversible as it does not delete either the posts or comments — if you deactivate the plug in your posts (which were unchanged anyway) and their comments are intact. You do still have a bunch of new topics in your target forum.

    #124580
    M3
    Participant

    hi, I’m a newbie and I really like bbPress forum but I don’t know how can I install to my wordpress. Some information give advise using FTP such as this information, but the wordpress plugin site give information that the instalation is through the plugin as a normal plugin.

    So I follow the wordpress plugin way and it work, I can see th forum, modify add some forum and topics, but I haven’t had any clue on how I can change the theme or how to add the theme.

    My first question is, did I installed it the right way? and secondly, how I can change the theme? I make a child theme but it didn’t work. My objective is to have my wordpress theme for the posts and as the forum for now I’m hoping to use the static bbPress forum theme.

    I’m truly lost and I don’t know how I can manage to do it? Currently I’m using wordpress 3.5 with leaf theme, and latest bbPress forum bbPress 2.2.3.

    My wordpress is currently in the subdirectory of my main site.

    My website

    My bbPress forum

    Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad English.

    #124578
    jtole
    Participant

    Hello, I just installed the latest version of bbpress, but I would like to translate it into Spanish … How I can do?
    Thank you!

    livninctry
    Participant

    I have tried everything listed above and still can not get the tinymce to show within bbpress. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

    http://www.dev.hoaconnections.com/venturahoa/

    #124541
    honestscott
    Participant

    Hi,

    I have a question:

    When using the import tool does it just copy over the database information, or does it “cut it” (remove it) from the old database for your 1.0.2 bbpress forum?

    The reason I ask this question is because I want to set up a test blog and use the bbpress plugin, and try to import the 1.0.2 forum into the test set up without messing with my current standalone forum to see how it looks before permanently moving my forum over to the new site (set up).

    Can this be done?

    Thanks!

    Scott

    #124510

    Topic: Forum URL

    in forum Troubleshooting
    Morshed Alam
    Participant

    Hello,

    I am a new user of Bbpress. Currently I have the latest version of WordPress as well as Bbpress. But I am facing an irritating problem. I have created a forum for my site: http://realestateconnectionplace.com/forums/forum/forum/ .I like the url to be http://realestateconnectionplace.com/forum/ . I searched everywhere and found that many a one tried to provide a solution. They made plugins and code for .htaccess file. But all of them make some issues like admin link’s working issue and extra slash in the url.

    In a nutshell I am very depressed. Because I am not an expert and found no perfect help anywhere. So I would like to request to John James Jacoby, please consider spending a little time to give us instruction about how to stop Archive Slugs and Single Slugs appearing in the url.

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    #124507
    steilenhang
    Participant

    Yea I can’t get anywhere. If I try to update from 1.0.2 to 1.2 I just get a white screen after replacing the files. If I don’t upgrade and just try to import from 1.0.2 into the latest 2.2 I get errors like “Motionworks” reported 2 months ago in this topic.

    #124504
    Himansh
    Participant

    My website URL : http://crystalseeds.tk/
    Latest version of BuddyPress and WordPress.

    So, umm well, I made a change in the website from http://crystalseeds.tk/wp-admin/options.php
    I changed http://crystalseeds.tk/ to http://www.crystalseeds.tk/ in siteurl and another field with the site’s URL.

    When I opened my website after I did that, the title of my website, just went.
    I cannot see it anymore.

    I also cannot see my site’s title. It’s the site’s URL now.

    What can be the possible reasons? How do I fix it?
    Thanks in advance

    #124503
    smiga
    Participant

    John James Jacoby said: You’ll want to update to bbPress 1.1 first; the schematic changed from 1.0 to 1.1.

    What can be potential issues when migrating straight from 1.0.2 to 2.x? When I tried test run of migration 1.0.2 to 2.x, I did not noticed any issues, so curious, should I really go for an upgrade to 1.2 first.

    #124485
    steilenhang
    Participant

    John James Jacoby said: You’ll want to update to bbPress 1.1 first; the schematic changed from 1.0 to 1.1.

    Where can we download 1.1 then? Its not at the legacy page. I got 1.0.2 too and are trying to upgrade to latest 2.x.

    You might want to update the Import Forums Codex because it says that bbPress v1.x is supported, but its not as you said yourself.
    https://codex.bbpress.org/import-forums/

    #124465

    In reply to: Next question

    This isn’t a testing site, so I’m closing this topic.

    If you have ideas for improvement to the site, create a ticket and include some details/mocks/CSS.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    #124454

    In reply to: vbulletin to bbress

    Foff
    Participant

    Excellent, i’m going to test that

    Thank you,

    #124416
    Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

    How about a break

    inline?

    Can we deal with all “ kinds “ of “ breaks?

    Edit: Use backticks not an apostrophe!

    #124413

    Let’s test some code formatting.

    `backticks`

    How about some code tags inline in sentences?

    What about pre tags:

    tags
    are
    neat
    
    #124412
    mrlosh
    Participant

    My Russian localization got messed up once I upgraded to bbPress 2.2.3. The admin panel is in English again and some breadcrumbs on the front-end are in English. I have the .mo and .po files in /wp-content/languages/bbpress as instructed, downloaded the latest files as well, no dice. Any idea what needs to be done or when the updated files will be available? спасибо!

    #124409
    Lachdahnan
    Participant

    WP: 3.4.2
    BB: 2.2.3
    http://www.grumpybread.com/forums/forum/grumpy-forums/
    Tested on Nightly x64 and Opera x64 browser.

    No login or register button is showing. It just says:
    You must be logged in to create new topics.

    Any idea why this is not working?

    Posting as admin seems to work fine. And if I check the box ‘allow anyone to post’ then it works.

    I did try googling help and did try some other fixes but they either did not work, I did not fully understand what to do, the links were broken or I just missed something. I am new to the entire WP scene and now I do seem to be stuck.

    Here is where I have looked so far:

    BBpress new user registration

    Single Registration for WP and BBPress

    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/login-for-users-of-bbpress-forum

    http://www.webhostinghub.com/support/website/bbpress/tutorial-on-enabling-user-registration-in-bbpress

    Users can't reply or create posts

    How do people register?

    How to get users to be able to post in forums

    My bbpress is useless if users can't register…and no one can help?

    How can forum visitors register or log in?

    after install, user registration, new posts and viewing themes are not working

    No login/register button link on forum page

    Make a new login page

    Thanks.

    Leo Blanchette
    Participant

    I’m writing a theme function which automatically creates a discussion forum for a post on publish. I can create a forum and a topic, but linking the two has proven difficult. Here is what I have:

    $forum_topic = array(
    
    'post_title' => $post->post_title . ' - test. ',
    
    'post_content' => $post->post_title . ' test',
    
    'post_name' => $post->post_title . 'test',
    
    'post_status' => 'publish',
    
    'post_parent' => $created_forum_id,
    
    'post_type' => 'topic',
    
    );
    
    $posted_topic_id = wp_insert_post($forum_topic);
    

    Then, making it sticky, this is what I’ve attempted:

    `update_post_meta( $created_forum_id, ‘_bbp_sticky_topics’, array($posted_topic_id) );`

    Both the forum and topic are created, but the parent and sticky are not assigned. How can I do this?

    Josh
    Participant

    Hi folks,

    Ultimate Tinymce developer here.

    I was just made aware of this issue by one of your faithful followers, who pointed me over here to this thread.

    He had some code he was using which allowed Ultimate Tinymce to work with the new WP and new BBPress. Here is the code:


    function jwl_bbpress_mceallow( $args = array() ) {
    $args['teeny'] = false;
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args', 'jwl_bbpress_mceallow' );

    I have added the code to my plugin… which we are currently testing… and will be available in my next plugin release (version 3.9).

    If I may be of any additional help, please don’t hesitate to contact me by using my form here:

    Contact Me

    Kind Regards!

Viewing 25 results - 5,976 through 6,000 (of 11,647 total)
Skip to toolbar