Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 – Updates

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 1,184 total)

• mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

@Rich Pedley: mods? Do we have mods for real, here? [/sarcasm] -_-“

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

nope, but I live in hope. Though JJJ is one ;)

DeysonOrtiz
    Participant

@deysonortiz

Hello again :)

Well I downloaded the zip file from here the third try with no success:

https://trac.bbpress.org/browser/branches/plugin#bbp-themes/bbp-default

I unzipped the branches folder, I then renamed the ‘plugin’ folder to ‘bbpress’ and then uploaded the ‘bbpress’ folder to the wp-content/plugins folder and still nothing shows up in the plug-in admin :(

Here is the link to the test site, where I want to add the bbpress forum to:

http://motion-master-templates.com/test/

I had buddypress running before, but I deactivated all the associated buddpress plug-ins prior to uploading bbpress.

I would really like to start playing with bbpress :)

Thank you.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

DeysonOrtiz
    Participant

@deysonortiz

Nothing.

I also de-activated all of the plug-ins to be sure, but the bbpress plugin does not show up.

I am stumped. :)

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

as well as deactivating plugins, try using the default twenty ten theme.

If it still doesn’t work, the only thing I can suggest is a memory increase.

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

Rich Pedley: [note to mods: above post is spam]

mr_pelle: […] mods? Do we have mods for real, here? [/sarcasm] -_-“

Rich Pedley: nope, but I live in hope. Though JJJ is one ;)

We do have 1 moderator that I know of, and that’s _ck_ although we don’t see her round here very often anymore (I don’t think she likes the idea behind the plugin?!) =/

I’d be happy to help in removing SPAM and such, you’ll always have the odd one get through Akismet, and you’ll get some of the legit posts getting caught! — But that’s one thing I’ve not seen for bbPress, a ”Report Spam” button? ;)

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

I might write one once the plugin is released, basing it on similar functionality I did for other forums.

There was another Mod about, chrishajer. But he too seems to have disappeared as of late.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@DeysonOrtiz – Hard to tell what’s wrong on your end, but it does definitely work.

DeysonOrtiz
    Participant

@deysonortiz

Hello, here is the update in order, I upgraded to the latest version of WordPress, re-added the plugin, switched to twenty-ten theme, deactivated all of my plugins and the bbpress plugin still does not show up.

:(

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

is this hosted, or are you trying locally?

@DeysonOrtiz

Update: Just re-read all of the things you’ve done.

Are the file permissions for the directory proper? Is this Linux or Windows?

OK. Just to verify: Are you saying that the bbpress plugin is not showing up in the admin panel /wp-admin/plugins.php? And nothing shows in the side panels for creating forums, etc.

DeysonOrtiz
    Participant

@deysonortiz

Rich, The site is hosted.

LPH, I do not see the plugin in the plugin admin panel.

I can not see a template for bbpress, because it can not be activated since I can not see it.

I moved the theme bbp-twentyten to the wp-content/themes and it tells me the themes is broken or missing parts.

I did three different way, I loaded the plugin folder to plugins and renamed that folder on the FTP, I renamed it my finder and dropped it in the FTP and I just dragged the content folder ‘plugins’ into a blank folder named ‘bbpress’ neither way worked.

Thank you.

Hey, this looks great. I just installed a new wordpress site. And would really like integrated forums. Could someone give me a more step by step guide to getting this working. I have yet to install bbpress. Thanks!

The readme.txt has the short and simple instructions for installing the plugin.

1. Place ‘bbpress’ folder in your plugins directory.

2. Activate bbPress.

3. Visit your Forums settings and configure your forums.

4. Activate a bbPress compatible theme

Finally, not in the readme, copy the bbp-twentyten to your themes directory.

how do I make a link to the forums sections though?

Just kidding, its a lot easier then I thought. Anyways, a couple features I’m wondering if are there and I’m just missing:

1. Permissions (Choosing what level of users can start new topics, reply to certain topics, etc.)

2. Making forums display as list under parent forum (very common in most forums)

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

Finally, not in the readme, copy the bbp-twentyten to your themes directory.

This is not necessary, and you should not do it. One of the latest changes specifically addressed the earlier issue that we were having, and if the theme does not work correctly from within the plugin please, please, let us know.

@Deyson, I assume other plugins show up correctly etc?

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

@DeysonOrtiz: Are you uploading the files in binary mode?

Any word yet on when we are going to see some type of integration or plugin?? I’m dying to find out. Also, Is there any easy way to integrate bbpress into my current wordpress site without having to learn bbpress code to make it look seamless? I actually love learning but don’t have the time right now, 5 sites in 6 months…

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

@Carmellon, erm you do know that is what this thread is about? JJJ has said he was hoping for a beta release by the end of the year (If I recall correctly).

But you can join in the testing by using the download link on this page:

https://trac.bbpress.org/browser/branches/plugin

Thanks Rich, I appreciate it. Hope to see that beta soon and of course I will join the testing. I’m planning on using bbpress live during the beta phase.

Did a little install on a “new” site. WP 3.0.1, BP 1.2.6, child theme with nothing but the style sheet pointing to the default so I could add the styles from the bbpress. Copied the bbpress template files into the child theme.

Now, things worked except they looked awful. Looking at the template code for all the files that started with page (page-bbp_front.php, page-bbp_topics.php, and page-bbp_form.php)

<div id="container">
    <div id="content" role="main">

This causes a problem because container is also used by bp-default, therefore any child theme would fail to look good.

Changed html code to:

<div id="bbp-forum-container">
    <div id="bbp-forum-content" role="main">

Then added css styles for the new ids within the styles.css for the child theme:

Looks OK. But needs work:

http://www.tuxreports.com/discussions/

Hope this helps.

DeysonOrtiz
    Participant

@deysonortiz

@ Rich: All the other plug-ins show up fine.

@ CitizenKieth: I am using cyberduck for my uploads, I never had a problem like this before.

I have also tried to install bbpress on 3 other wordpress websites of mine and it does not show either, they are all on the same hosting company, and they all have the latest wordpress.

@rich-pedley

Didn’t realize that the movement of theme files was no longer necessary.

Update:

Site #1

I see that the forum theme files are present in the plugin directory. The site is using the bbp-twentyten them on that site.

Site #2

Copied files to the child theme for buddypress to work properly. Modified as described above so that the theme understood the css properly.

PS. Why is my previous post about css marked as spam? I can remove the link to the site but otherwise, thought the information was helpful.

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 1,184 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 2.0 – Updates’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar