Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 – Updates

Viewing 25 replies - 876 through 900 (of 1,184 total)
  • Thanks for the great work so far.

As a theme author, I’m currently testing the integration of the different templates inside my own themes.

Can you give me a hint where i can overwrite the existing template files and if it’s possible to store these specific templates in a own sub-directory? E.g.

my-theme/
    my-theme/style.css
    my-theme/index.php
    my-theme/[...]
    my-theme/bbpress/
    my-theme/bbpress/single-forum.php
    my-theme/bbpress/[...]

I’ve copied the template files from your “bbp-twentyten” theme to my own theme and added add_theme_support('bbpress') to the functions.php. The forum is working with the shortcode [bbp-forum-index], but the new templates aren’t loaded.

Figured it out. It seems that the shortcode [bbp-forum-index] points to the default templates. If I manually select the page-template on the edit page screen, everything works as expected.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@rofflox – Can you create a trac ticket with some steps to reproduce? When you add theme support, it should start pulling files from your active theme, and not the default templates anymore.

Aron Prins
    Participant

@aronprins

@Tokyorock Refresh your permalink settings ;) go to permalinks, just hit save changes ;)

@Aron,

Thanks but i did this already. It comes a Blank Site..

._.

Space
    Participant

@bkno

@Tokyorock – check your server logs for the PHP error. It is likely there is one but it isn’t being shown publically.

I want to do the same how rofflox.

i put all the theme Files from the bbpress to my own theme.

Now the link work and i can do do anything. But, my theme is not showing…only the forum now.

I think i must change a direction to my theme but i dont know where.

Heres the Site:

http://www.tokyorock.net/forums/

>.< thanks for help

What is the function to detect whether or not the forum is present on a certain WP page?

(this would help w/ selective loading of CSS)

Also, what’s the initiative around plugins for the new bbPress WP Plugin?

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

arpowers: You mean forums including forums, topics, replies, user profiles etc. or just forums? For the latter, you can use bbp_is_forum().

bbPress 2.0 plugins can be found here. :)

jarledb
    Participant

@jarledb

Feel free to delete any surplus entries. I feel like I am taking over the thread.

I figured out the language file had to be put in wp-contents/languages/bbpress/ catalog to work (and with the naming bbpress-nb_NO.mo for norwegian). Now I just have to get poedit to co-operate.

Are there any other tools/plugins that you recommend to do translations? What would be a good tool to work with the .POT file that is included with the plugin?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@jarledb – Eventually bbPress will be on GlotPress, which will enable easier crowd sourcing of translations.

Björn Engqvist
    Participant

@bjornolsson

Will there be a way to merge bbPress 2.0 with 1.0.3?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

There is a first pass and an importer, yes. Be sure to backup your existing database before using it though; remember it’s prerelease software and not guaranteed to be 100% perfect.

The importer has been timing out on me, importing maybe around 7 topics before redirecting itself to a wp-admin page and dying :(

Does anyone know if I’m doing something wrong?

P.S. Damn this plugin is awesome.

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

tofugu: You’re not doing anything wrong. Try adding this in your wp-config.php:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Björn Engqvist
    Participant

@bjornolsson

Where and how do you use the importer?

Space
    Participant

@bkno

If you’re unable to set your memory limit or timeout on your server, an alternative is to set up Apache locally on your machine (using tools like XAMPP it is easy) where you can set the limits and do any heavy import processing, before uploading the database.

@Bjorn – Took me a while to find too – it’s in your wp-admin under tools>>import (and will show up at the bottom of the list if you have the bbpress plugin installed) – at least that’s how I’m guessing it happens.

@Gautam – Thanks much! I’ll give it a try! :D

Whoops – one more question (for now, thanks so much for all your help so far!).

Does anyone know why admins are able to embed videos / pictures but users are not able to? It seems like none of my forum members can embed youTube videos (using the iframe embed tags) but for some reason I (the admin) can post them.

Same seems to be happening with pictures, too (adding pictures with the HTML img tag).

Daniel Juhl
    Participant

@danieljuhl

I’ve been using bbPress for quite a while and figured it would be about time to take a look at the bbPress 2.0 plugin. So far most things work as they should.. but I’ve faced some problems.

I was running: bbPress 1.0.2

I’m running: WP3.1.2 + bbPress 2.0-beta-1 plugin

It’s mostly related to the importer. I doesn’t through me any errors, but after defining the path and starting the importer, a white page is shown (the menu and headline is there, but the “content field” is white/blank/empty).

* I then tried the script bbs2p.php, and it worked a bit better, but all the replies was missing topic id and forum id in the meta – i solved that by copying the to lines from topic creation.

* Further more replies was missing correct “post_name” and therefore also “guid”, I solved that by adding it as seen under topics, but prefixing the post_name with “reply-to-“.

* Then the next problem is tags – they are created and linked correctly, but as with the replies the slug is incorrect and not following the WP3 standard, therefore the links are broken.

And last, I have a question about the forum types: Private & hidden. How exactly are they working? And why can’t I make private/hidden parent > child forums? In the “Parent” list only normal/visible/public forums are listed.

Is there a way to change the order the forums are displayed in? It looks like by default they’re displayed in the order they were created. I’d really like them to be either in Alphabetical order, or better yet in a custom definable order, like what one can do with menu items in the WP menus.

Can this order be changed currently?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Daniel Juhl
    Participant

@danieljuhl

@tooltrainer: Just go to the administration for Forums, click edit for the forum you want to re-order.. In the right sidebar there’s a “order” field, which defines the order of the forums. You’ll, as far as I know, have to change the order for all forums individually.

Aha that makes total sense. Thanks!!

Jonathan

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@tofugu – Your WordPress blog actually works the exact same way. As a site admin, you are provided the ‘unfiltered_html’ capability, which allows you to post any kind of content that you want to. It’s your site, do what you want with it. Normal users have restricted access, so that they can’t enter possibly malicious data into your site.

@JJJ aww, dang. Was hoping it wasn’t that :( Any hope for future updates that will include embed code / img tags working in bbpress plugin?

Viewing 25 replies - 876 through 900 (of 1,184 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 2.0 – Updates’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar