Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 1.0 released

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

bbPress 1.0 is now available for download.

An announcement on the blog will come soon detailing all the changes from 0.9 (which are numerous). I’d also like to send out some interim thanks to everyone who helped with testing to bring this release up to scratch.

If you are upgrading from 0.9 or earlier then be sure to make a full backup of both your files and database.

You can track downloads via the new counter here:

http://bbpress.org/download/counter/

Viewing 6 replies - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • “Is there any easy way to search for plugins that are compatible with the bbPress 1 branch?”

BBcode, Add image, the video plugin all worked perfectly for me.

lifestrikes

@lifestrikes

I installed 1.0.1. Forum works as usual, but admin CSS is not working.

DO I have to do any additional changes to files to get CSS fixed?

@lifestrikes – Is it possible that your browser is caching the old admin CSS?

lifestrikes

@lifestrikes

@johnhiler – You are right. New dashboard looks awesome. Thanks.

Total newbie here, but I’m a blogger using WordPress 2.8.x who is thinking of adding a discussion forum to my site.

I am NOT a coder whatsoever, so please keep that in mind when answering, although I do have a friend who is one but I would need to be conscientous about using his time.

My question is whether bbPress 1.0 will easily integrate with WP 2.8.x as I have it currently configured. Obviously I’d want it to look similar to my site and have all the standard forum bells/whistles.

If not, does anyone have any other suggestions? I just began researching forums today. I’ve come across IPB and phpBB as other options, but again, I have no idea how easy it would be to integrate those.

Any help you can give would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

While I haven’t integrated WordPress and bbPress yet, this topic looks helpful:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/easy-way-to-integrate-bbpress-wordpress-themes

If you’re concerned about bells and whistles, your best bet might be to stick with version 9.0, since there are many more plugins that are known to be compatible. Right now, trying to use the older plugins on 1.0.1 might get you a lot of honks and farts instead.

Viewing 6 replies - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 1.0 released’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar