Search Results for 'code'
-
Search Results
-
Hey All,
I am new to this plugin and I am trying to adapt it to my website.
I am trying to place the forum on this page: http://atlantacraftbeer.com/beer-exchange/
but it is not showing up like it does on the dedicated page: http://atlantacraftbeer.com/forums/forum/atlanta-beer-exchange/
Is there a way to update my shortcode to have it appear on the page I would like it to?
ALSO – if you notice the colors and some of the spacing do not really work with my theme. Is there a way I can update the colors and spacing (especially for the register page) using the CSS?
Been looking into this for a few days, and I can’t find a solution.
By default, bbpress offers two solutions for the index of a forum page:
- Using the default settings, and a customizable ‘forum root’ available in the settings panel
- Using a page with a shortcode to implement the section that you want
However, when you use the shortcode solution, there are two ‘forum root’ urls. The one that is associated with the page you want to use, and the one generated with the ‘forum root’ url.
For example, let’s say that I created the forum using the shortcode on site.com/discuss, and I need to use custom fields to customize the appearance of that page with a header, a hero graphic, and some descriptive text. I can style it, and it looks perfect. However, the site.com/forums url is still present in the forum topic urls (site.com/forums/post, not site.com/disucss/post), and as it’s own page without the custom styling.
While I could customize the page template for bbpress on site.com/forums, there are no methods for displaying fields defined by the client/user in the dashboard on that template, completely eliminating the purpose of using the custom page & shortcode option.
Are there any solutions for this or am I stuck? I’ve yet to find any solutions on this.
Topic: BBPress & WP Photo Albums
Hi
WP 3.9
BBP 2.5.3
TwentyTenI use WPPA a lot on my blog and would like to integrate in BBPress.
When I add it in topic i get this:
http://goandstay.co.za/blog/forums/topic/testtopic-2/#.U15rdfmSySo
The code instead of the slideshow.
Jacob Breedtveld . aka Opajaap (author of this amazing plugin) (http://wppa.opajaap.nl/ & https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-photo-album-plus/) says:
If this also does not work, ask the BBPress boys if there is a possiility that on the particular text shortcodes can be expanded ( $text = do_shortcode( $text ); ) or that the standard content filters can be run. ( $text = apply_filters( ‘the_content’, $text ); )
I don’t have a clue what Jacob says, but think you will know!
Thanks