Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Re: What's happening with bbPress?

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Without “concern trolling”, the major issue i have with BBpress is that we have no idea what’s going on most of the time. When we asked what was going on, we were told to read the blog. When the blog goes quiet, we’re told to read the chat logs directly. Now they’ve gone quiet and now we’re told to look at the code being submited.

It’s really lovely of Chrishajer to post these links, and it’s very insightful (thank you chris), but its also a bit of a nightmare for us not knowing what’s going on.

Far too many useful bits of information, or worse – announcements, are made halfway down random conversations. BBpress being a WP plugin, was thrown in to an IRC chat via Matt. Obviously, we’re still waiting for that to be posted on the forum, or given it’s own blog post etc. (only been 6 weeks Kev, calm down, only been 6 weeks).

Look, i’m not moaning, really, i’m having a great day here, but in my opinion there were some issues that plagued Sam’s time here, and i had hoped that some of these were being resolved. Communication is a big one. I wrote in my post: How to help us, help BBpress… last January that the Wizard of Oz treatment was getting us nowhere.

Well i’ll leave it there, i’m sure i’ll be told to relax soon enough.

Skip to toolbar