Re: Installation Error
Forgot to add… I installed bbPress through HostMonster, and the version used is v0.9.0.4, and the PHP version used by HostMonster is 5.2.9.
Now, I just tried something suggested in another thread with the exact same problem, and I have fixed this issue.
So, here goes gm10gm10:
1. locate a file named .htaccess inside your ROOT DIRECTORY.
2. open this file to edit using the means offered to you by your hosting provider or FTP
3. locate a command line which may look like what follows (mine differed from commands in this thread: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/warning-cannot-yet-handle-mbcs-in-html_entity_decode-in-home2):
–> the command *may* look like this: AddHandler application/x-httpd-php4 .php
4. Be mindful that variation on the code may be needed, make a copy of what was written than change it to look like this:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php4
5. It appears that it needs to be able to read php5 — Mind you, my host provider states PHP v. 5.2.9 so there should be not problem.
In any case, I hope this helps.