Re: bbPress Integration plugin for WPMU
John, this were I ended up:
1. Log in as admin to bbPress and went to admin->settings
2. Enabled ‘bbPress XML-RPC publishing protocol’ in the ‘Writing pane’
3. In the ‘WordPress Integration’ pane set WordPress Administrator’ to ‘bbPress Key Master’ role. All others to ‘bbPress meber’ and saved the User Role map.
define(‘COOKIEHASH’, ‘e6bd245d6e82566f2fdcff73419dd3da’ );
to both wp-config and bb-config files
5. Copied the 7 unique authentification keys from the wp-config file to the bb-config file adding ‘BB_’ in from of each variable name.
6. Added to the end of the bb-config file, just be the closing php code:
$bb->bb_xmlrpc_allow_user_switching = true;
7. Moved buddypress-enable.php file to the my-plugins folder under the forums folder and activated it.
8. In the WPMU admin pane selected the BuddyPress->Forums Setup and enter the forum URL, as well as the WPPU admin name and password.
9. Logout of BuddyPress and bbPress. Logged in to BuddyPress, changed URL to forum, needed to log in, however changing back and forth between the two now needs no further logging in.
10. Created a new group on the Buddypress site with ‘Enable discussion forum’ selected. Forum is created and visible on the bbPress site.
11. Enter a topic and comment, bot show up on both sites.
END of good news. Here is what is not working:
1. No user integration, only admin works, any other WPMU user is not recognized on the bbPress site.
2. Existing group’s discussion are not creating forums when toggling the ‘Enable discussion forum’ option.
3. Only admin can create topics and comments within the group forums (due to problem #1).
I have done this now 3 times over, reinstalling bbPress (deleting the forum folder, the bb_ tables and bb_ entries in the wp_usermeta) and following the steps above which is a combination of your ‘Forum Integration: Helpful Hints’ posting and the added steps regarding the cookie integration posted on ‘The Easy Button’ and the ‘UMW Wiki’.
I not sure what to do next to get this right