Forum Replies Created
In reply to: Can't get past database configuration page
Is your MySql host different from “localhost”? Then click advanced settings and put it there.In reply to: 6 months without a blog post
I think it happened because of the KSES changes in BackPress (it wasn’t happening before that) – and that’s about 2 weeks.
Also check https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12185In reply to: Functions not working on front page
Change them to
forum_link( $topic->forum_id ),
forum_name( $topic->forum_id ),
post_author_title_link( $topic->topic_last_post_id )(not tested, but should work).
(Replace > with the greater than sign.)In reply to: Add/Remove Tags in topic broken (Ajax?)
If you try to add a tag to a topic that doesn’t have any tags yet, using the box below the topic title, the whole page refreshes in order to add the tag (whereas it should do it within the page using Ajax).
Even this is normal.
Then, if you try to delete all the tags in a topic which has more than one tag, when you attempt to delete the last one it flashes red to denote it’s being deleted, but it then pops up again and a message appears saying ‘An unidentified error has occurred.’
I had posted a fix for this on my blog – http://gaut.am/2009/12/tags-not-getting-deleted-in-bbpress/ (maybe this is your problem).In reply to: WP-widget in bbpress?
Only when you load WordPress functions in bbPress.In reply to: Restrict Registration
That can be achieved by this patch – https://trac.bbpress.org/attachment/ticket/538/bbp_538_stas.diffIn reply to: Stats
Check your theme’s stats.php, those functions are also used in that theme (in front page) to display the stats.
The truth is that Matt DID come here to help the project and take on the development but it was the community (including me) who troubled Matt a lot that he left the project. Check – https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/whats-happening-with-bbpress/page/5#post-64425
Also, mdawaffe has come back and most probably bbPress development would start after WordPress 3.0’s release. And, I and several others have also been contributing to trac and chrishajer has been committing the patches to SVN.
And please do not make fake profiles, you should have guts to come here and ask this with your own original profile.
Try the original Plugin Browser Plugin, I had fixed it.In reply to: new _ck_ plugins for 2010, coming soon…In reply to: bbPress repository frozen ?
mdawaffe said that it has been fixed – https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/whoa/page/4#post-69361
Zaerl, I had experienced the same issue before – http://wpdevel.wordpress.com/2010/03/27/i-just-moved-wp-org-plugins-svn-and-trac/comment-page-1/#comment-5633In reply to: Upgrade to trunk. How ?
And since trunk version doesn’t modify any database tables of 1.0.2 (for the time being), you could always revert back if anything goes wrong.
My patch would take some time (also it would edit some core files and only if the patch goes into the core, then only your theme would be functional if you apply the patch) – so you need not wait for that.
Some more things to do:
- These pages haven’t been styled yet – register, login, profile edit, views, favorites, post-edit, search. (Also the views of plugin section).
- Add the crumb style in plugin section too.
- Style the 404 page a bit and offer some options to go back, or search.
- Reduce the size of search textbox so that search button could reside in the same line.
- Add a subscribe to topic link in the topic sidebar.
- When you’re logged in as a member, you see something like “Welcome, Gautam | | Log Out”. One of “|” should be removed. (It might be happening because of the admin section link for admins.)
- Style the download buttons on download page, they are hardly getting highlighted.
- Add a link to lost password page.
- Enable gravatars on plugins section (I think it is running bbPress 1.0).
- Prevent the comment from going to left in plugins section (like this – https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/zaerl-editor/#post-5730 )
Some more tasks, which are big ones:
- Add a themes repo.
- Style the blog.
- Add the tags back in plugin section.
- Add stats in plugins section, Nightgunner5 had written a userscript for that – http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/63060
I think you can add a theme options page just like you do in WordPress, add a functions.php and then hooks to make a new admin page with settings.
The download links here need to be made like the previous ones – https://bbpress.org/download/
I am currently preparing a patch for https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/1277, maybe you could put that in your theme too (TwentyTen for WP was originally designed for this purpose only).In reply to: Help. I can't log into to wordpress admin
It looks like the 2 plugins
wordpress-26-and-bbpress-09-integrationare conflicting. You must delete any one of them via FTP.In reply to: 400 new spammers signed up in one day
Now the home page isn’t loading, it is redirecting to the install page.In reply to: New bbPress Theme: TerraFirma Two