Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Add/Remove Tags in topic broken (Ajax?)

• Hiya,

Very sorry for long post, hoping someone might be help to shed some light on this problem…

If you try to add a tag to a topic that doesn’t have any tags yet, using the box below the topic title, the whole page refreshes in order to add the tag (whereas it should do it within the page using Ajax).

If you try to add a tag to a topic which already has at least one tag, then it comes up within the page, highlighted yellow etc using Ajax. That should be normal.

Then, if you try to delete all the tags in a topic which has more than one tag, when you attempt to delete the last one it flashes red to denote it’s being deleted, but it then pops up again and a message appears saying ‘An unidentified error has occurred.

– – –

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago, with the tags ajax function not working, which I found out was due to a single space at the end of one plugin file.

Now though, I have disabled all plugins, am using the default template, I have re-uploaded both older backup versions and the latest trunk version of bbpress, but still have the problem!!

Am not sure if it could be a problem with the database? Looking at my database, the bb_tags and bb_tagged tables are both empty?? I do have tags in my forum though, where are they stored?

Does anyone have any clue as to the problem?

It could be the ajax is broken because of a random extra character somewhere?

Or the ‘unidentified error’ is due to the database??

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

If you try to add a tag to a topic that doesn’t have any tags yet, using the box below the topic title, the whole page refreshes in order to add the tag (whereas it should do it within the page using Ajax).

Even this is normal.

Then, if you try to delete all the tags in a topic which has more than one tag, when you attempt to delete the last one it flashes red to denote it’s being deleted, but it then pops up again and a message appears saying ‘An unidentified error has occurred.’

I had posted a fix for this on my blog – http://gaut.am/2009/12/tags-not-getting-deleted-in-bbpress/ (maybe this is your problem).

really? adding the first tag always makes the full page refresh? Why doesn’t that update with ajax also?

Thanks for the tip for the fix, however I tried with the latest version from trunk and still have this problem.

What are the bb_tags and bb_tagged tables in the database used for? Should mine be empty?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar