Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Whoa! (bbPress.org 2.0 is live)

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 165 total)

• zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

I have added two new plugins but the plugin section doesn’t refresh.

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/zaerl-url-preview

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/zaerl-post-permalink

so I suppose that it’s a problem that affects all new uploads.

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

@zaerl: plugins section does not update since bbPress “new look”, actually… :P

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Yes I know. But I thought that it was problem only related to upgrade and not to new uploads.

What is the estimated time for bbPress 2.0 to be officially out?

Also, Is there a thread that I can use to ask for new features? Like easier quoting as it is in other forum scripts.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

If by “bbPress 2.0” you mean this theme, the answer is never.

If you mean the next release of bbPress (which is either 1.0.3 or 1.1 – they haven’t decided yet and thankfully we’ve people working on different versions) then it’s a wait and see situation. I’d suggest August seems one of the earlist likely dates.

New features? Matt is scapping bbPress and making it a wordPress plugin, so there are no new features going to be added. Plus last time we were asked what we wanted in bbPress the results of the poll got ignored and the needs of WordPress.org was chosen.

That sucks, Seems like I have to find another simple forum script.

Do you guys have any recommendations?!!

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Do you guys have any recommendations?!

This isn’t a good place for asking this kind of questions. It’s like if you enter in a bar and say: “your bar sucks. Do you know where I can find another bar?”

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Mh. I’m watching my readme.txt and I don’t see problems/mistakes. The funny thing is that the SVN actually functions cause it has already generated the .zip files. See:

zaerl-url-preview.0.1.zip

and

zaerl-post-permalink.0.1.zip

do exist on server.

Plugins directory not updating: Fixed.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

Thanks.

mdawaffe :

What is the refreshing rate ? like wp plugins or less ?

can you verify this plugin (and perhaps all others):

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/xili-new-post-notification/

the webside is not refreshed as the

https://plugins-svn.bbpress.org/xili-new-post-notification/

Many thanks

Michel

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

Seems it’s not retroactive… I mean, Zaerl’s last plugins are now listed correctly, but all other plugins did not get updated (yet): it looks like my last plugins update was a month ago! =P

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Check how backticks and work to format a post.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/internet-explorer-problem-1?replies=8#post-69386

Was initially written with backticks, and rendered as GT and LT, so I tried to edit it to replace backtick with [code] but it’s still messed up.

Someone mentioned that re-editing also introduced paragraphs or breaks, IIRC. When I first edited the post, every line of code and a [BR] after it.

[code] work to format a post.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/internet-explorer-problem-1?replies=8#post-69386

Was initially written with backticks, and rendered as GT and LT, so I tried to edit it to replace backtick with but it’s still messed up.

Someone mentioned that re-editing also introduced paragraphs or breaks, IIRC. When I first edited the post, every line of code and a [BR] after it.

[code] but it’s still messed up.

Someone mentioned that re-editing also introduced paragraphs or breaks, IIRC. When I first edited the post, every line of code and a
    after it.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

But then, the code in this post is fine:

WordPress Header on bbpress

Maybe the previous one was edited and that’s where the trouble started?

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Yeah, If you edit with CODE in place it causes issues.

Before hand we just used to put code in BLOCKQUOTES, but now it’s got that daft graphic it’s not helpful at all (imo).

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

But then, the code in this post is fine:

WordPress Header on bbpress

Maybe the previous one was edited and that’s where the trouble started?

My post had GT LT replacement too, I had to edit it and remove the php tags… but this is not a solution, because there are post in which you cannot remove the tags, as https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/internet-explorer-problem-1?replies=8#post-69386

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

Seems it’s not retroactive… I mean, Zaerl’s last plugins are now listed correctly, but all other plugins did not get updated (yet): it looks like my last plugins update was a month ago! =P

Plugins section is finally up to date!! =)

talithadisti

@talithadisti

Wow, bbPress is having two potential versions to choose from. It’s a shame that all the talent can’t be pooled into one project to really make it excel. But in the end both branches could end up being quite different and useful in their own right. I think it’d be cool if _CK_’s branch could stay on within bbPress as a classic or standalone version.

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

Code replacement takes place in the Plugins section too… https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/facebook-like/faq/

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

The plugins section needs a little love, not just the backtick problem but all of the “more” pages are not using the same template for some reason (the formatting is different).

It would be nice if those “more” pages also had the download count if that’s in the topic meta (can’t remember what Sam told me, I think they are tracked by day, but there also might be an easy summary right in the meta so the template could show echo $topic->downloads or something like that rather easily.

Oh and tags are not being imported on new plugins into the system.

I guess most of these problems were from the plugin section previously using a semi-custom version of 0.9 and then they replaced it with 1.0 at stock settings.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

I guess most of these problems were from the plugin section previously using a semi-custom version of 0.9 and then they replaced it with 1.0 at stock settings

Would it be wrong to suggest that 1) moving from 0.9 to 1.0 wasn’t done yesterday and 2) shouldn’t we test before rolling out this stuff?

I mean, Homepage being down for 3 days. Plugin directory not showing a months worth of updates. etc etc

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

Would it be wrong to suggest that 1) moving from 0.9 to 1.0 wasn’t done yesterday and 2) shouldn’t we test before rolling out this stuff?

I mean, Homepage being down for 3 days. Plugin directory not showing a months worth of updates. etc etc

Sadly quoting… :(

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

New weird text replacements: TRAC tickets!

Oh, and forum header says: Welcome, username | | Log Out

I am thrilled if this is true. Thank you Matt!! I asked the question at Wordcamp SF. I wanted him to know that we believe in bbPress and how it can integrate with a blog. For me it is really the next step for my blog. If I could do it myself I would, but I am dependent.

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 165 total)
  • The topic ‘Whoa! (bbPress.org 2.0 is live)’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar