Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 – Updates

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 1,184 total)

• Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

Got it: https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/1399

Plus raised a couple more that i came across while doing this, so they might be related.

Myphone Duo

@myphone-duo

Cool. But will have some time though to implement those. I’m still trying to figure out bbpress. I am used to phpbb though :(

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

Notifications working, links in notifications aren’t…

https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/1408

But it has made me wonder even more why there is even a page for replies only – without the first post of the thread it seems, well, strange.

Am I missing the importance of these? because they really do seem superfluous.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Along the same lines as being able to view individual tweets, this is something that other forum software has had for years and something we can do pretty easily. I agree it isn’t properly integrated yet, but it’s mostly for external linking to something where the context of a topic isn’t needed.

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

this is something that other forum software has had for years and something we can do pretty easily.

Yes, this is something I’ve wanted in bbPress… in my install of 0.9.0.6, I edited my CSS file so that I can at least have posts numbered… it’s easy to say “See post number 24” rather than cut and paste or re-explain something in a topic. Glad to see this functionality in the plugin.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

Still alien to me, you see all the replies, but you don’t see the original post!

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

Still alien to me, you see all the replies, but you don’t see the original post!

Well, yes… that is annoying. A link to an individual post is great and useful. The weird behavior that’s in your test install isn’t quite right.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

oh.. that makes sense, so the page is only supposed to show 1 individual reply, not all of them! No wonder I couldn’t figure out what was going on!

Ok that isn’t so alien to me then ;)

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Reply page now only shows one reply. Still probably needs some tuning, but at least it’s less confusing now. :)

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

I’ll update as soon as I can then ;)

thanks.

Can anyone hook me up with a list of bbPress conditional tags? Also, are the working with this plugin version yet? I would assume so, but figured I would make sure.

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

I still find being sent to a singular reply utterly confusing. I definitely acknowledge the value in this functionality, but in an ordinary forum context I prefer just being sent to the #reply in question plus the whole thread loaded with it, like here.

I hope this is just being done to see if it works :)

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

user settable perhaps?

default: single reply

or link to whole topic as a secondary option.

Revision 2704 is still causing me trouble regarding the 404/permalink issue. I’ve tried reactivating the plug-in and theme but to no avail.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

did you resave your permalinks?

did you resave your permalinks?

Sorry I’m not sure what that means.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

Literally go to your WordPress permalinks page and click save.

Literally go to your WordPress permalinks page and click save.

Yes, many times.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

How many version have you installed/updated?

it might be that you need to clear the database of bbPress data if you installed an earlier revision.

I think the problem is in the

get_option( '_bbp_user_slug',      $prefix . 'user'      )

etc. I don’t seem to have does in my options table. I’ll take a closer look.

Update:

$this->root_slug      = apply_filters( 'bbp_root_slug',      get_option( '_bbp_root_slug', 'forums' ) );

is where my problems are, I deleted ‘forums’ and now it’s fine.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Heads up…

With the holidays coming up and starting my new job at Automattic, progress on the plugin is going to slow down for a week or two. GautamGupta is working on Google Code-in projects for the bbPress plugin and doing a great job on the tasks he’s completed so far.

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

:-)

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

Congarats JJJ – though I admit to thinking you already were, maybe I just heard a rumour ;)

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Have been for past few weeks but have had other priorities to get started. I’ll probably post something up all official like eventually. :)

moshthepitt

@moshthepitt

Thanks everyone for all the hard work put in so far. Waiting eagerly :)

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 1,184 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 2.0 – Updates’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar