Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 – Updates

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 1,184 total)

• folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

Sorry I don’t have any plugins or represent their interest… I was just posting and got back into this thread… from the other one for plugins… It is easy to get misplaced for us newbies… :-)

I guess the main point was that I fixed a … hook issue by reinstalling the RC3 software which I had noticed had several rewrites. You seem to be making constant changes…

Is it dangerous to up date our release’s when you are making incremental changes and should we only do an update when absolutely necessary?

Or is this something that helps you troubleshoot on your end…

So far it does seem to be working good except for Monday’s 404 glitch that was cleared by “a save” of the forum page… But other than that, that was the first issue I’ve had with it..

Well done, I’d say.

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

Sorry I don’t have any plugins or represent their interest… I was just posting and got back into this thread… from the other one for plugins… It is easy to get misplaced for us newbies… :-)

I guess the main point was that I fixed a … hook issue by reinstalling the RC3 software which I had noticed had several rewrites. You seem to be making constant changes…

Is it dangerous to up date our release’s when you are making incremental changes and should we only do an update when absolutely necessary?

Or is this something that helps you troubleshoot on your end…

So far it does seem to be working good except for Monday’s 404 glitch that was cleared by “a save” of the forum page… But other than that, that was the first issue I’ve had with it..

Well done, I’d say.

pavelevap
    Participant

@pavelevap

Hi, is there any chance to change Freshness values for localization purposes? Now, there is for example “5 days” and I need changing it to “5 days ago” due to localization problem (see https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18495 ). Thank you for your help…

pavelevap
    Participant

@pavelevap

Hi, is there any chance to change Freshness values for localization purposes? Now, there is for example “5 days” and I need changing it to “5 days ago” due to localization problem (see https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18495 ). Thank you for your help…

@johnjamesjacoby I am looking forward to being able to install BuddyPress on my site, which now uses bbPress 2.0.

A few hours ago, I saw there was a new RC avaiable, I checked the changelog and I found “BuddyPress integration”. I spent the last few hours trying to know what this means, because I installed buddyPress and it does not recognise bbPress plugin(both from the SVN repository).

Does “BuddyPress integration” mean that bbPress now provides an API for buddyPress but buddyPress is not using it yet?

If this is the case, I know I can have both v1 and v2 forums working(as I saw in buddyPress you testing website) but I don’t know if it worths, should I wait? Do you have any idea(more or less) about how long is it going to take you to make this integration?

Thanks and congratulations to the team.

@johnjamesjacoby I am looking forward to being able to install BuddyPress on my site, which now uses bbPress 2.0.

A few hours ago, I saw there was a new RC avaiable, I checked the changelog and I found “BuddyPress integration”. I spent the last few hours trying to know what this means, because I installed buddyPress and it does not recognise bbPress plugin(both from the SVN repository).

Does “BuddyPress integration” mean that bbPress now provides an API for buddyPress but buddyPress is not using it yet?

If this is the case, I know I can have both v1 and v2 forums working(as I saw in buddyPress you testing website) but I don’t know if it worths, should I wait? Do you have any idea(more or less) about how long is it going to take you to make this integration?

Thanks and congratulations to the team.

screamingcodemonkey

@screamingcodemonkey

Hey guys,

noticed someone a while back mentioned the body_class function was returning the class error404 on single user page,

just wanted to +1 on that, kinda awkward~ anywone else still facing this issue?

I moved all templates into my custom theme, it was not happening when the theme was not moved over (weird) I can provide a print out of wp_query if that helps,

Version: SVN plugin branch

How to Reproduce:

Copy bbp-twentyten files into your WP theme

Navigate to your user profile page

Make sure you print out body_class somewhere…

View Source

Also I wasnt sure what to do about the functions.php in bbp-twentyten so I copied into my theme as bp-functions.php and included it though my functions.php,, hope that was right…

If you can’t reproduce this then you can call me a monkeys bottom and Ill go eat a banana.

screamingcodemonkey

@screamingcodemonkey

Hey guys,

noticed someone a while back mentioned the body_class function was returning the class error404 on single user page,

just wanted to +1 on that, kinda awkward~ anywone else still facing this issue?

I moved all templates into my custom theme, it was not happening when the theme was not moved over (weird) I can provide a print out of wp_query if that helps,

Version: SVN plugin branch

How to Reproduce:

Copy bbp-twentyten files into your WP theme

Navigate to your user profile page

Make sure you print out body_class somewhere…

View Source

Also I wasnt sure what to do about the functions.php in bbp-twentyten so I copied into my theme as bp-functions.php and included it though my functions.php,, hope that was right…

If you can’t reproduce this then you can call me a monkeys bottom and Ill go eat a banana.

I found a problem,

I have a WP Multisite installation and when i log-in and log-out the redirect ends up on a 404 page. (only on WP multi sites)

http://localhost.sites/example.nl/members/example.nl/members/?loggedout=true

I’m just testing offline at the moment.

http://localhost.sites/example.nl/ <– WordPress homepage

http://localhost.sites/example.nl/members/ <– 2nd WordPress site (WPMU) with bbPress forum.

When editing a forum topic from the WordPress backend it is updated with a new timestamp (as if it was just published).

This is annoying when trying to make a bunch of SEO stuff (in this case with Yoasts SEO plugin) with existing post titles and excerpts. Are there any reason why this happens, and is there an easy way to disable it?

Hi guys,

At the first time I installed WPMU+BP 1.5-beta-3+latest bbpress from plugin directory. It’s working perfect on my latest WAMP on Win7. I have both group discussion(built-in bbpress on BP) and the bbpress Forum which you can handle it from Admin panel. Fully integrated with BP1.5-bera-3 Activity Stream. Whatever you do is going to be on your Activity Stream right on time. Even if you mention someone in forum is going to be OK too.

Funny thing is I can’t do the same thing anymore! I tried to do that on Ubuntu server 11.04 with latest XAMPP+ Mac OS X Server 10.6.8 with latest XAMPP. Second one(Mac OS X) is not possible because released XAMPP it’s not up to date enough(PHP still old version and not working for BP-beta-3 or for any other reseaons).

On Ubuntu(or Debian, CentOS), everything is working perfect except Activity Stream and mention thing. Even now I’ve been trying to do the same thing with another installation on WAMP on Windows, it’s not working. I’ve done it 100 times with different strategies. Old or new, I did all of them. Even I check Server time and time zone in WP settings. Still not working.

I almost forgot what I did at the first time! As far as I know based on comparing with the first one which is working well, what ever I create in bbpress it’s not gonna insert in any of wp_bb_ tables.

I’ve done every clean installation on three different OS(Win, Ubuntu, Mac OS X) with latest release WAMP, LAMP, and XAMPP.

Please give me a something, anything.

Thanks

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

If the integration between bbPress and BuddyPress isn’t working, it might be because BuddyPress is in maintenance mode and needs to be updated. In that instance, bbPress turns itself off since BuddyPress may not be reliable loaded.

Thanks John for reply,

Yesterday I saw there is an available update for both bbpress and Buddypress. I updated both of them and still can’t see anything in my activity stream.

The wiret part is, I’ve done 10 clean installations with both single and multisite wordpress since yesterday. In Windows and Linux. Everything is working except activity stream still not showing from bbpress.

With new BP1.5 that released yesterday there is no doubt in order to installing these to plugins. First BP and after that we should instal bbpress from the BP settings.

Am I right? No changes any where? any tricks?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Can you confirm that you went through the BuddyPress update wizard and did not only update the plugins files through WordPress?

The problem is not about the updating and how should I update the BP. Right now I have a clean WordPress install without any plugins and I just add these two plugins from the plugin directory and do the instruction. But still, there is no activity stream. I’m wondering how it works at the first place for me.

John could you please tell me with clean install and without updating what would be the reason to having this problem?

thanks

amirsaam

@7i7griffin

Before installing bbPlugin do you see activity stream?

Install WordPress again, then set up the BuddyPress. After that install bbPlugin on it.

If you saw issue again write it down again here

Maziyar is a Persian name. Are you Persian? Email me then… :)

Hey man

Thanks for reply,

I just did what you said. Install a clean WP and after that I installed BP from plugin directory. I tested the activity stream, it worked. I install bbpress plugin and the activity stream still not working.

If I do this in WPMU, it’s a same situation but the other blogs(site) if they use bbpress it show on activity stream in the main website.

I’ve done this in varity of environment. Like I said, Ubuntu+XAMPP, Ubuntu+LAMP, Windows+WAMP and MAC OS X + MAMP.

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

Maybe I should ask what an activity stream is? and where does it show up? Maybe I’m supposed to be seeing something but since I never used this before I don’t know what I’m missing. But since I don’t run a native BBPress compatible theme maybe I don’t see it for that reason…

Hi folgerj

Activity Stream is a feature that you can have when you install another plugin named BuddyPress. It gives you the community features which one of them is activity stream. Whatever you do or other members do will show up in activity section.

Check this out: https://buddypress.org/community/activity/

Best example of what an activity stream does.

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

Well I went through and liked the plugin and then kept it plain vanilla but when I got to the theme change I was going to keep my theme but clicked save and finish and now I have a buddy press themed blog but with no way to get into the back-end of my site… :-( I take it back now I can’t get to the front end either… Oh fun… Now I have to do a rebuild from outside the system…

Now I have to go and rebuild from last nights back up…

I get this error

John is this one of those other plugins conversations that I need to take elsewhere?

I reuploaded from last nights backup and it still won’t let me into the site. I can see it for a minute with the BBpress theme running but if I try to log in or anything It won’t let me go any further?

I would have thought when I overwrote all the files it would have changed back… Does the plugin change the database also?

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

System is back up and I’m back in reconfiguring the theme and so forth.. I didn’t get singed to badly but it wasn’t fun…

@John, Is Buddy press a separate plugin the needs to be discussed in it’s own space?

@Maziyar I think a how-to on how to slide into buddy press more gently is called for. Is there a plugin page on a forum where this is being discussed or is it done here? Obviously I’ve been seeing it discussed here so I assume this is the place for it… But I could be wrong…

@folgerj Here people discuss bbpress plugin but the reason I brought this here was because there is an integration between these two plugins. It means you install BuddyPress, after that you install bbpress in it’s all working out. Whatever you do in bbpress it shows up on your buddypress activity stream.(In both latest version).

But I saw for some people like me it’s not working and there is no solution for fix this.

That’s why I came here to ask people in bbpress, I’m doing the same thing in BuddyPress community to find something to solve this problem or at least understand the problem.

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

@Maziyar That’s fine but I’m sure when John see’s these entries he will be unhappy. (BBpress only here) So is there another place to discuss how to set it up. I liked what little I saw before it trashed my WP website which I think was my fault for not making my theme the default…

But as I said if there is another place dedicated to this plugin then we can chat there…

Well I’m sorry john for any inconvenience.

And yes, here is the community support for BuddyPress, you can find anything about BuddyPress here:

https://buddypress.org/support/topics/

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

I’m over there now, thanks

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 1,184 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 2.0 – Updates’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar