Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Re: WordPress + bbPress Integration 101

I’m having some trouble and am smacking my head against the wall… I hope someone can help me.

I’ve got WordPress 2.6.2 installed at http://www.blahblah.com/

and bbPress 1.0 alpha at http://www.blahblah.com/forum

They are in two databases sharing the user tables.

My problem is that the user must Log OUT from the site that he/she logged IN from. If they logged in at the bbPress login form, then they will be logged in properly on the wordpress site, but if they try to logout there, they will get kicked back to the main page, but STILL BE LOGGED IN. They will only be able to properly log out from bbPress. And the same is true in reverse — if they login from wordpress, they will be logged to the bbPress too, but they will have to log out from wordpress.

A second, less severe problem, but maybe it will help point to the reason for the above problem, is that if i sign in on wordpress, I will not be able to access the admin panel on the bbpress. I will be logged in as admin, and can perform admin functions on the site, but I cannot go to /bb-admin — I get kicked back out. However, if I sign in on bbPress, I CAN access my wordpress admin section.

Any ideas? My wp-config and bb-config files have the definitions for SECRET_KEY, AUTH_KEY, SECURE_AUTH_KEY, LOGGED_IN_KEY (with BB_ prefixed for the bb-config ones).

They also both have

define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.blahblah.com');

define('COOKIEPATH', '/');

Is this correct? It should be the same for both?

One thing that might be the root of the problem, or at least I was not sure about, is the setting for “WordPress “secure auth” cookie salt ” in the WordPress integration settings in bbPress. I have left this blank because I have no such entry on my options.php page in WordPress. I did fill in the other two “salt” items, though. I confess that I don’t really understand what this salt stuff is for, but any advice would be appreciated.

I’m on 1&1 hosting, if that makes any difference.

Skip to toolbar