Re: Can't simultaneously be logged in on both WP and forum
I fixed it.
It wasn’t simple, and honestly, I really hope that the integration with WP was a basic feature, not an option. Otherwise, it’s the best forum for WP-enabled website so far, and I’m so glad that I installed it.
The following steps are what I did, and might have unnecessary steps, but whatever made it work, made it work. I’ll also assume that you have followed the integration steps that involves matching keys of config files. I would also assume that you have used the correct keymakers for the bbPress version.
bbPress 0.9: https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.0/
bbPress 1.0: https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/
1. Install the “bbPress Integration” plugin for WP. Set up everything accordingly until you see the “Manual Cookie Settings”. It told me to add “define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );” on wp-config.php, but it didn’t work. I had to remove / for the path because I read it somewhere that if you add /, it’ll add an extra /, making it // for the cookie path with is invalid. So I added “define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ” );” instead, above the “AUTH_KEY” section in wp-config.php.
2. I’ve added the following lines above the ?> part in the end of the bb-config.php :
$bb->bb_xmlrpc_allow_user_switching = true;
$bb->cookiepath = ”;
$bb->sitecookiepath = ”;
This tip can be found in other tutorials, but notice that again, I took out / for the path.
3. In WP Settings -> Writing, I’ve enabled XML-RPC.
4. In bbPress Settings -> Writing, I’ve enable XML-RPC.
5. I’ve cleared the cookies of the browsers (IE and FF).
Everything should work as it is. At least it did for me.
Now I can simultaneously be logged in for WP and bbPress without any problems.
I really hope that one day, either from bbPress settings or a one simple plugin would resolve the problems that some of us had.