Robin W (@robin-w)

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 replies - 8,876 through 8,900 (of 14,333 total)
  • @robin-w

    Moderator

    ok, so you create a page and use shortcodes to achieve this

    Shortcodes

    eg

    [bbp-topic-index]
    [bbp-forum-index]

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    I’d ask them if memberpress is integrated with bbpress

    did you ask them the question above?

    ie is their plugin is integrated with bbpress and should be doing this, but it isn’t in your case, or if they haven’t integrated with bbpress, in which case it is not really up to bbpress to make sure there software works with paid plugins, so you would need someone to write the code that hooks to the memberpress cancellation to cancel the user subscriptions.

    PS I’m kinda interested that cancelling membership leaves the user still set up and able to access your site? Do they still show in dashboard>users?

    oh, and what version of bbpress are you using?

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    so what code are you using to pull the feed?

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    ok, you’ll need to explain this more.

    In essence you’ll need to show something that is not right and state precisely what you want to happen to it

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    think it has {forum_name}

    try that

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    ok, so you are using memberpress – since memberpress is a paid plugin – I’d ask them if memberpress is integrated with bbpress, and let them fix this issue

    In reply to: bbp_after_main_content

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    no problem !!

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    I think this plugin still works.

    bbPress Custom Notification Emails

    Come back and let us know !!

    In reply to: bbp_after_main_content

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    can you post your code please

    In reply to: Fatal Error

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    good point !!

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    how are they cancelling membership?

    In reply to: Fatal Error

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    you/something/someone/glitch/gremlins/corruption/permissions has stopped the file being there/seen.

    Suggest you contact your host provider to restore back to an earlier version.

    If you have ftp access, you could fix it that way, by renaming the bbpress plugin to say plugin-old which will stop wordpress using it and get you site back and working. You can then delete the bbpress plugin directory and re-install bbpress from the front end

    In reply to: bbp_after_main_content

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    which is back to my earlier post

    add_action( 'bbp_template_after_forums_index' ,'after_content_hook');
    

    There is </div> after this, but if you start you code with a close div and open a fresh one, then the one at the start of this sentence will then close yours

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    In essence the core issue is that ‘with bbpress’ the ‘feed’ is showing the whole article, whereas without it is showing the excerpt which is what you want- is that correct?

    Since bbpress has rss and a site does not need to have mailchimp to run rss, I presume that you could test if you have an issue without mailchimp, which would help eliminate (or otherwise) your theme and/or other plugins as contributing to the issue, but as I said earlier I’m not a mailchimp guy, so I may be talking crap.

    Given that bbpress has over 300,000 active installations, and mailchimp 900,000 – I kinda presuming that if this was a common issue that it would be known about, as others would be running this combination.

    I am trying to help you šŸ™‚

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    have you tried bbpress and rss without mailchimp ? Does that work ?

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    great – glad you’re fixed

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    no problem !

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    Try this

    a.bbp-fourm-link {
    color: #e4e4e4;
        background: #232323;
        padding: 1px 2px;
        margin: 2px 2px;
        line-height: 1.7;
        border-radius: 3px;
    }
    In reply to: Moderator per forum

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    2.6 allows this

    In reply to: 2 questions

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    sorry no-one has answered you. I split this topic off for better presentation

    1. I haven’t delved into per forum moderation, but my understanding is that it works just like the current one, except that you can allocate which forums users can mod. So since the current system does not have notification as such then no would be the answer. Of course if mods subscribe to a forum they will receive notifications of new topics. If you want them to also receive all replies to new topics without having to subscribe them, you could add this plugin

    topic subscribe

    2. nothing immediate I know of, could be done with some coding

    No documentation for 2.6 yet

    In reply to: bbPress error

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    great – glad you’re fixed

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    great – glad you’re fixed

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    no problem

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    since I don’t have the Kleo theme and your site is local, it’s a bit hard to tell you want to alter

    @robin-w

    Moderator

    then you’d alter loop-search-reply.php to look like how you want it

Viewing 25 replies - 8,876 through 8,900 (of 14,333 total)