Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Site formatting -styling

• I would like to know how I get my forum to look like the bbpress forum?

Using the default theme it doesn’t even come close to what is shown here in on the forum. Same with the other themes I have checked out.

If possible I would like to know the easiest way to get some type of navigation links in the header so people can get back to the main site areas.

I assume the new plugin will fix that part but until then I just need some basic styling to get it working smoothly.

Currently I have a list of discussions and topics a mile long down the page then the forums are underneath with sub forums underneath that.

Do note I imported this from PHPBB. It wasn’t like that on there but I can understand having to deal with some general issues with the conversion process.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

My site is here http://crosseyedgaming.com/site-forums/

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I am finally getting my forums back on track after a major issue with the group forums. I still need help with styling as the default theme does not seem to work for me unless it is suppose to look like crap. The link to my site is in the post above this one as I didn’t want to post it again. I can’t post an image of it or I would do that as well.

Can someone help me get this thing looking the right way?

Thanks.

I am finally getting my forums back on track after a major issue with the group forums. I still need help with styling as the default theme does not seem to work for me unless it is suppose to look like crap. The link to my site is in the post above this one as I didn’t want to post it again. I can’t post an image of it or I would do that as well.

Can someone help me get this thing looking the right way?

Thanks.

fro more style and god looking as a internet rich website use silverlight or adobe is also an option but i prefer silverlight.. for more information visit http://www.americanrattan.com/

fro more style and god looking as a internet rich website use silverlight or adobe is also an option but i prefer silverlight.. for more information visit http://www.americanrattan.com/

I would take a look at some of the themes on bbninja and see if you like any of those. Then after you download one and install it, you can edit the code to make it look closer to how you want it.

It looks like you have made some changes (I don’t see the subforums beneath like you said) so are you happy with it now? Or what did you want it to look like? I think it looks decent.

I would take a look at some of the themes on bbninja and see if you like any of those. Then after you download one and install it, you can edit the code to make it look closer to how you want it.

It looks like you have made some changes (I don’t see the subforums beneath like you said) so are you happy with it now? Or what did you want it to look like? I think it looks decent.

@Fartlek the crazy thing was my styling issues were only in the default themes. When I used another theme things seemed to fit properly. I have since added one or two and been messing around with them. The forum itself is not seen by anyone right now outside the built in forums with the groups. I am working on some other things to get data into the forums prior to linking it with the main site and of course also looking into the new plugin as an option.

I am going to look up the site you mentioned for other themes. Thanks.

@Fartlek the crazy thing was my styling issues were only in the default themes. When I used another theme things seemed to fit properly. I have since added one or two and been messing around with them. The forum itself is not seen by anyone right now outside the built in forums with the groups. I am working on some other things to get data into the forums prior to linking it with the main site and of course also looking into the new plugin as an option.

I am going to look up the site you mentioned for other themes. Thanks.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar