MediaWiki, bbPress, and WordPress integration..
Ok people, here’s the deal.. I’ve installed MediaWiki 1.8.2 on my domain: http://codex.spencerp.net/ and customized the links for it and so forth.. no big deal right… ?
What I have done so far is (in this order)..
1) Integrated bbPress to my WordPress blog.. So anyone that registers on my bbPress forums, is automatically registered into my WP blog. Usernames and Passwords work for BOTH..
2) Applied the bbPress_Auth_for_MediaWiki extension to my MediaWiki.. However, I had to use some of the modifications listed here.
Now, people can login to my MediaWiki with the usernames and passwords from either the WP blog, or the forums..
The ONLY problem I’m having now, is.. having users register for a new account on my MediaWiki “Create New Account” page.. sigh.. I’m getting the following error..
There was either an external authentication database error or you are not allowed to update your external account.”
Which is obviously saying, it’s trying to create a new account in the MediaWiki database.. but, where really it should be trying to make a new account in my WP database.. right? Or, that might be meaning the other way around.. I’m not sure.
My questions are:
1) Is there a way to modify the “Create New Account” page, with the WP register page codes? So, when someone tries to create a new account on my MediaWiki itself.. it calls the WP database for it?
2) Just modify the MediaWiki file, that contains the “Create Account” link, and use the link to the registration page for the WP blog itself? And if so, which MediaWiki file does this reside in?
I guess I’d rather have it simple.. and just implement the WP registration codes, into the MediaWiki file.. so there is no redirecting of the “Create Account” link in my MediaWiki..
Or, does someone know of an “extension” for MediaWiki.. that synchronizes the MediaWiki & WordPress registrations? Thanks in advanced..
/It’s ALMOST totally there now.. the way I want her.. just that dang Registration problem on the MediaWiki sigh.
By the way, you have to be registered and signed-in, to edit my Wiki.. whee! Which means, you’ll have to register on my blog, or forums first! This is why I’d like to get this MediaWiki registration figured out soon sigh..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.