Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Make all new users subscribed to all forums

• demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

Here’s another one I’ve researched but can only find old threads on. Quite simply I want all my users to be subscribed to all forums when they join. They can then unsubscribe at their leisure.

Any clues?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

That might not be so great performence wise.

This topic has a nice function that might be useful though if you want to create something custom for yourself.

Force all users to be subscribed to all topics

As an alternative there is the bbPress notify (no spam) plugin.

Hi,
    It’s manual, so nothing automated, but I had more or less the same issue and created my own plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-manage-subscriptions/

You can hide/order users in different ways and (un)subscribe them with a click. If you would also use bbp-private-groups, it also shows the link with those groups.

Again, nothing automatic (and still not in it’s final version, some warnings still to remove), but we have a rather stable userbase and when a new user comes in we assign the subscriptions needed.

Pascal.

demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

This is brilliant, Pascal. I hadn’t made the connection when I dloaded the plugin so I have left a rating and a comment on some minor improvements. I hope you don’t mind because I came across the plugin before I saw your reply. I need to look at bbp-private-groups and then I’ll amend my rating. Apologies and thanks, this is a great plugin.

demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

Hi again, Pascal.

I’ve just tried the private groups plugin. I was expecting my private group to appear in the horizontal rows (as a user) rather than a vertical column. Have I set something up wrong?

Hi Demonboy,
    First of all thanks for your comments, I restart working on the plugin in 3 weeks so will see what I can add/change.
    Can I ask you for support questions on the specific plugins to use the dedicated support forums of the plugin for it ? Otherwise the moderators here will kill me 🙂
    Pascal.

demonboy
    Participant

@demonboy

Yep, my fault. On it…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar