Categories
Search
Bottom

I have created a bbPress starter theme with a phpBB look and feel

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Hey all,

I thought I would have a go at creating a quick and easy theme for people to get started using bbPress. This was built fairly quickly using one of my other themes (which are based off the default bbPress files).

If you want to check it out then have a look at: http://www.epicwebs.co.uk/content/bbpress-theme-invision-or-phpbb-feel or check it out on github https://github.com/EpicWebs/bbPress-starter-theme-epicwebs.

The theme allows you to get more of a phpBB or invision look to your forum. It uses the functions I posted previously on bbPress.org along with some css to get the forum looking nice by installing the theme. The forum should be pretty fluid so it will fit any width of site.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

Viewing 11 replies - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)

• peter-hamilton
    Participant

@peter-hamilton

no problem, I have been trying to figure out both word and bbpress and am slowly getting to grips with it, but it is not easy mate I know.

Here is a link to the forum I am building for a client, I call the theme BBFacelook, if you would like to know how to add any of the features I have added just say so, but then you better make a new thread.

BBFacelook

Good luck with your forum.

Peter Hamilton

JimiC
    Participant

@jimic

Hi, i installed your theme and really like it, but somethings are a litlle messy, reply lines are divided in half, and some other small things.
    The theme is inside my child-theme, and i don´t know why any modifications to the bbpress.css don´t take effect, do you know why?

christicehurst
    Participant

@christicehurst

I love the look and idea of this theme but I need help in order to make it look good enough for my web site.

1. I want to remove the Grey and White boards and change it to just white.

2. I want to change the Forum Category from Grey to a light color.

3. I’m still trying to look for a way to pt Forum icons for each forum board but nothing has worked so far. Im surprised no one has come up with a working idea or even a plugin.

jamesfranco2001
    Participant

@jamesfranco2001

How do I install this theme into bbPress?

aidacars
    Participant

@aidacars

Is it mobile friendly?

ebunny3k
    Participant

@ebunny3k

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BBP_Default::epicwebs_bbp_list_forums() in /data01/virt50419/domeenid/www.mkuubis.net/htdocs/wp-content/themes/valenti/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php on line 38

Robkk

@robkk

@ebunny3k

you were suppose to copy all the files in the github package and put it into your child theme , including the bbp-functions.php file

@aidacars

it might not be that great at being mobile responsive. the last time i tried it it wasnt that great

@jamesfranco2001

copy it all to your child theme

checmark
    Participant

@checmark

I am using the Avada theme on my website, WelcomeToEcuador.ca, and I downloaded the zip file and installed the folder in the Avada folder, but nothing changed on the forum. I wanted to try your work because the forum looks terrible and I couldn’t figure out where to edit the CSS. I opened the file from the CSS folder but it’s all running together and would be very hard to edit. Is there a way I can get this working?

Appreciate your help.

VeeLow
    Participant

@veelow

I’m in the same boat as ChecMark: starter-theme appears to do literally nothing to my bbpress forum.

I note that instructions upthread are ambiguous: one guys says you need to put it into root of theme, not child theme; another guy says put it in child theme. I tried it in both, using twenty fourteen and a child; I also tried it in a basic twenty-thirteen. Nothing. I can see the folder, and move it around with File Manager, but no matter where I put it, it seems completely without effect!

I’m a rank beginner, obviously. What could be wrong?

Vignesh M
    Participant

@vignesh-m

Hai there!!!
    I want to display forum count, topics count, and replies count for individual user in my buddypress members page how can i post.. Please help me???

This is my page I want to display those things under below username

http://manifestationjournal.com/registration-form/

pepperwoodlp
    Participant

@pepperwoodlp

Hi! I took the theme and used it, but i got a little problem there. The topic overview is messed up:

Ankündigungen

I really do not know why. The overall view is pretty accurate, but the topic one is broken :/

Viewing 11 replies - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar