Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help with user roles and capabilities

• 403laura
    Participant

@403laura

I read through this forum because I am experiencing similar issues…(I am a keyholder). I am using both Buddypress and bbpress. I do not have programming knowledge or experience, I do not understand codex or php, I’m just looking for someone to hopefully assist me with a simple solution to these issues, so that when people sign up as users, their interactions are seamless and they are able to quickly find the information they are looking for.

1. When logged in as a user, I am not able to access forums without using the URL to the page. I used the “user roles and capabilities” plugin as recommended above, to change the user settings in the back end so I could view “private” posts and that sort of worked but I still have to use the URL to find the forum page. I have also run the tools for both Buddypress and bbpress. There are several links in the user profile area but they all seem to direct me to the user activities only…I cannot link to any of the content posted by other users through those links. (Same with the tool bar at the top of the page and all of the drop down menus).

2. I just created a topic to post under a forum. Under my keyholder account, I am able to see the topic when I click on it but when I try clicking on it as a user, it doesnt show up. It just tells me there is “0 replies, has 1 post, and last updated by me” and the topic is not there.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

2. I just created a topic to post under a forum. Under my keyholder account, I am able to see the topic when I click on it but when I try clicking on it as a user, it doesnt show up. It just tells me there is “0 replies, has 1 post, and last updated by me” and the topic is not there.

Follow the solutions posted in this topic below. It sounds like the issue is similar.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/first-post-not-showing-3/#post-177978

There are several links in the user profile area but they all seem to direct me to the user activities only…I cannot link to any of the content posted by other users through those links. (Same with the tool bar at the top of the page and all of the drop down menus).

Are you saying you cannot see for example forum topics created in their BuddyPress profile?? Be a little more specific on this please.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar