Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

First post not showing

• stevenwb
    Participant

@k1092

Hi, i have just launched a new site that has a bbPress Forum. I am using Wishlist member as it has premium products within it. When WLM is activated, the first (original) post of a topic doesn’t show. If I disable WLM it shows. I note that some people were having the same issue with S2 Member a while ago. Can anyone provide some clues? Thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• PinkishHue
    Participant

@pinkishhue

Hi Steven. I don’t know anything about that plugin (and still finding my feet with bbpress) but my first thought is that it might be a conflict with the ‘lead topic’ feature of bbpress which allows you to use a different theme template/styling for the first post in a topic.

Here’s some more info on that:

bbp_show_lead_topic

If this is enabled on your site I would try disabling it (removing that code from your functions.php/plugin/wherever it might be), or alternatively if it’s not enabled, try enabling it, and see if that does anything.

Also, let us know what theme you are using and does it have custom bbpress templates included in it?

Hope that helps a bit!

stevenwb
    Participant

@k1092

Hi Pinkishhue,

First of all, I am using Enfold theme.
    Second, I have explored the show lead topic thread and to be perfectly honest, I have no idea if it is enabled or not. I have found the php file and dropped in that code, however it doesn’t show my first topic.

Still though, if I deactivate Wishlist Member, the first topic shows.

Any more ideas as i am lost here

Thanks

Steve

Robkk

@robkk

@k1092

The wishlist member plugin has known incompatibilities with bbPress

You can try these two plugins and see if it fixes the issue

bbpress wp4 fix

bbpress wp4 fix2

stevenwb
    Participant

@k1092

Hi Robkk

Thanks for your message. I have tried to upload both of the fixes you mentioned but they will not load. I did it through the plugin dashboard on wordpress, and both caused an error.

Steve

Robkk

@robkk

@k1092

Yeah I just thought those two plugins would work because you are going through a similar situation that the function usually fixes.

Do not know what to suggest next, you might have to hire a developer to create you a plugin if you want wishlist to work with bbPress.

pslarsen_wp
    Participant

@pslarsen_wp

Hi all

I’m using bbpress together with paidmembershipspro and I have the same problem. My first post in each forum can only be seen by the admin.

I tried to find the $show_lead function, but it seems that the bbpress team have removed it.

I have also tried enabling and disabling various plugins along with updating all “Relationships to Repair”. Nothing works.

Anyone who have an idea of what might be going on?

Kind Regards,
    Peter

pslarsen_wp
    Participant

@pslarsen_wp

So I just deleted my paidmembershipspro plugin over FTP because I wanted to update it. An while it was gone magic happened… wupti all my first posts showed again.

Unfortunately, now that I install the membership plugin again the problem reoccurs. No one else using this plugin seems to have this problem… any ideas of what I can do?

Kind Regards,
    Peter

Robkk

@robkk

You did try Robins plugin right. I think this plugin was created to solve this exact issue that might occur when using membership plugins. It mainly fixes a bug in bbPress that is triggered using these plugins.

http://www.rewweb.co.uk/bbpress-wp4-fix/

There is also this which basically includes the show lead function in the plugin, that is still here.

https://codex.bbpress.org/bbp_show_lead_topic/

http://www.rewweb.co.uk/bbpress-wp4-fix2/

pslarsen_wp
    Participant

@pslarsen_wp

Hi Robkk

Thanks for the reply. I just uploaded and activated the wp4, but no luck. The first post does still not show.

I cannot find that “show lead function”, can you help me navigate to that?

I go to dashboard -> editor -> “select plugin to edit”-> bbpress …. and then where do I go? I was looking in most of the .php files there but couldn’t locate it.

Kind Regards,
    Peter

Robkk

@robkk

Install the other wpfix 2 plugin. It should have the same code snippet you are trying to use, without having to place any code anywhere.

I recommend users who are beginners to not edit bbPress core files. Or any other plugin/theme/wordpress core files unless you know exactly what you are doing code wise.

pslarsen_wp
    Participant

@pslarsen_wp

Robkk !!!!

You are AMAZING… it works… omg this was a problem for me for such a long time.

T H A N K Y O U !!!

Kind Regards,
    Peter

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar