Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Fresh install, php warning on all pages in site

• oldmankit
    Participant

@oldmankit

I just installed bbPress version 2.5.6 on WordPress 4.1.1 on a local development server (XAMPP).

After activiting the plugin, if I visit any frontend page on my site I get an error appear right after the Admin Bar.

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in localhost\wp-content\plugins\bbpress\includes\common\functions.php on line 1446

I did some searching and found many people have a conflict with NextGen Gallery, however I don’t have that plugin installed.

I can confirm this error still happens with 2015 theme.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

what other plugins do you have?

viz

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

oldmankit
    Participant

@oldmankit

Thanks for the tip!

Yes I pinned-it down to a conflict with one plugin, Easy Digital Downloads – Currency Converter.

I’ve just notified the plugin authors on their site.

Robin W

@robin-w

Great !

ghoush
    Participant

@ghoush

Just found this thread. Getting the error and can’t identify why. Disabling plugins didn’t help.

Editing line 1446 and adding the array() call around the 2nd argument works fine and solves the problem. Is there any reason this is not done in the main code?

Robkk

@robkk

@ghoush

Are you on a local development enviroment like XAMPP??

ghoush
    Participant

@ghoush

Nope, its on WP Engine. I went to look through the logs because I was having the capabilities problem. I couldn’t access any of the wp-admin bbpress screens without permissions errors. I used User Role Editor, and hit reset to fix that.

Then looking through the logs the were just filled with the same error from the same line as this person who started this thread. Changed the path to HIDDEN here:

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in HIDDEN\wp-content\plugins\bbpress\includes\common\functions.php on line 1446

Going into functions.php and changing the second parameter to be wrapped in an array() call fixes it.

Robkk

@robkk

@ghoush

hmm I might have to report a bug.

before you fixed it, what did the url of your site look like (you can of course not put your actual site link)?? I am wondering if this could cause any issues that are at least similar to users having trouble installing on a local development installation.

ghoush
    Participant

@ghoush

It was https://thedomain.com/ for wordpress and bbpress was standard, so https://thedomain.com/forums/

For the path, it was standard for WP Engine:

/nas/wp/www/cluster-1234/thedomain/

The log was just getting spammed with that error until I added that array(). But it wasn’t the big problem, so I wouldn’t have looked or noticed it unless I was having some other unrelated issue.

Robkk

@robkk

@ghoush

alright thanks for telling me, I guess I will keep a look on this then.

Apologies for the late reply, this is not a bbPress bug, per above it’s a known issue with Easy Digital Downloads – Currency Converter., and in the following topic it is actually an issue with Yoast’s SEO or News SEO plugin.

News SEO & BBPress Conflict

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar