Categories
Search
Bottom

News SEO & BBPress Conflict

• jethron5000
    Participant

@jethron5000

Hi,

I’m writing in to check on a conflict that surfaced when I installed both News SEO & BBPress plugins. Apparently the message “Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/(url name)/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/common/functions.php on line 1446″ came out on the front and back end of the website. Can I check if the plugin has any effect on it?

Thanks!

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

You would need to contact the news seo support team as this is a paid plugin.

matthew.stephens
    Participant

@matthewstephens

I have this issue too. I logged it first with Yoast, the developers of the SEO plugins and their reply was that as it is a bbPress error, it would need to be addressed through bbPress…

Have you had any success either way?

Thanks!

Robkk

@robkk

I will contact the plugin devs to see if this is a bug in bbPress.

If there is , I will most likely create a trac ticket on it.

matthew.stephens
    Participant

@matthewstephens

Brilliant, Thanks Robkk

Looks like it is a bug, can I get you both @matthewstephens and @jethron5000 to list the versions of the plugins you are using, i.e. What version of bbPress? What version of News SEO?

jethron5000
    Participant

@jethron5000

Hi Stephen,

here are my versions:

BBPress: Version 2.5.7
    News SEO: Version 2.2.5

matthew.stephens
    Participant

@matthewstephens

Hi Stephen,

Bbpress: 2.5.7
    News SEO: 2.2.5

Thanks Stephen,

Matt

matthew.stephens
    Participant

@matthewstephens

Hi Stephen, any developments on this bug please??

Thanks
    Matt

suttexpemmal
    Participant

@suttexpemmal

Hi i want to know answers too!

matthew.stephens
    Participant

@matthewstephens

Hi Stephen, It has been some time now, are you investigating this “bug” please? Thanks

Robkk

@robkk

did the issue just occur in the 2.2.5 version of News SEO, or was there always an issue?

bbPress’s last update was in April and News SEO updated to 2.2.5 I think last month.

I am just wondering where the issue might have occurred to narrow down where it is being caused.

matthew.stephens
    Participant

@matthewstephens

Thanks for your reply! To my knowledge it has been an issue prior to the 2.2.5 upgrade.

Robkk

@robkk

And the error is exactly like what is in this image??

Right click show image in new tab.

matthew.stephens
    Participant

@matthewstephens

Here is an example of the errors reported by WPEngine:

[data removed]

Robkk

@robkk

Yeah it is basically the same.

Also if you want me to remove the error that you posted in your reply just give me the ok.

matthew.stephens
    Participant

@matthewstephens

Thanks @robkk, yes please remove the error – thanks!

Robkk

@robkk

There seems to be users that have gotten the same error.

Fresh install, php warning on all pages in site

A user listed a fix to surround an attribute with an array() , which I did test and it does seem to hide the error.

Might need some second thoughts from Stephen though.

Apologies all, this is not a bbPress issue, when bbPress is activated without any other plugins there are no notices, the notices only appear once activating both Yoasts’ WordPress SEO and News SEO plugins.

If you comment out this out of the News SEO plugin file class-meta-box.php

add_filter( 'add_extra_wpseo_meta_fields', array( $this, 'add_meta_fields_to_wpseo_meta' ) );

In the News SEO plugin the issue is resolved and no notices are displayed.

It appears to be related to pre_get_posts being used in WordPress SEO by Yoast, this was picked up in the WordPress Core ticket https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31231

ghoush
    Participant

@ghoush

Thanks for all that info Stephen!

Is there any reason not to use the solution of just wrapping that argument in an array()? It does seem to solve the problem without having to remove functionality from the News SEO plugin.

It is not a solution, therefore will not solve the problem and could introduce all kinds of of other problems in any or all of the 3 plugins.

Yoast SEO issue on GitHub here -> https://github.com/Yoast/wpseo-news/issues/146

mckolt
    Participant

@mckolt

Is there any solution to work this 2 plugins ? Maybe plugin organizer can help with this ?

matthew.stephens
    Participant

@matthewstephens

Sounds like this is a plugin conflict. Masking the issue as you mention would not resolve it and potentially create further more serious issues. Given these are two pretty widely installed and reputable plugins, would it not be sensible for bbPress and Yoast to get together and resolve the issue properly please? Otherwise, one or the other will have to go. Thanks.

neilgee
    Participant

@neilgee

I just got this issue but it only occurred when upgrading a site to PHP 5.6(previously on 5.4).

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home2/tabbangy/public_html/tabban/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/common/functions.php on line 1446

I did have Yoast SEO installed but on deactivation the error still persists ( i don’t have NEWS SEO).

Reverting back to 5.4 clears the error.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar