Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress not working after upgrade wordpress3.5

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Destillator
    Participant

@destillator

Same here, nothing shows after an update to WP 3.5

Destillator
    Participant

@destillator

Ok, some more information: I’ve updated WP and BBpress. Reverting BBpress back to version 2.1.2 brings back the forums but removes the BBpress custom post types in the admin-menu.

Removing the folder “bbp-theme-compat” from version 2.1.2 results in the same view as that of 2.2.3: the page shows but without the forum.

The template used is a child-template of Twenty-Ten, so there’s nothing too exotic about that. Any suggestions? I’ve found https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-2-0-theme-compatibility/ but the described folder-structure is not present in BBpress version 2.2.3.

oliver_s
    Participant

@oliver_s

Some of my users have the same issue. The moment they login on the wordpress site, the forum becomes inaccessible. The get a page not found error.

Once they log out, it works again. This is a cross-browser issue.

oliver_s
    Participant

@oliver_s

Actually, I can confirm that NONE of my users (except me, as admin) can access the forums. All get the page not found error.

rsanchez1
    Participant

@rsanchez1

Here’s a quick thing you could try. Might work, might not.

In the wp-admin sidebar, go to Settings->Permalnks. Try messing around with the different permalinks options, see if that does anything. I would recommend the Post Name option. In my site, I have this set as a custom option:

/%category%/%postname%

Maybe the update to 3.5 messed with the permalinks option.

EDIT: I guess I skipped over the first post that says permalinks are fine, but it’s worth a try for anyone else having this problem.

Destillator
    Participant

@destillator

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately changing the permalink-settings didn’t help. I’ve narrowed it down a little bit further; I use a wrapper for the entire forums with a file bbpress.php in my theme. Where a simple the_content statement first rendered the forums, they now fail to do so. If I replace the_content in bbpress.php with the code that’s present in plugins/bbpress/templates/bbp-twentyten/archive-forum.php, the frontpage shows up. But all links lead to 404 not found pages. Am I missing something here?

achalupka
    Participant

@achalupka

You may want to check your database table wp_options for the entry with the option_key of “wp_user_roles”.

When I had this problem, it was because that entry had become corrupt and didn’t have all the user roles (with their respective permissions) listed in it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar