Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.5.5

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

bbPress 2.5.5 is out. It prevents 3 potential security related issues, and is a strongly suggested update for all bbPress 2.x installations:

1. Improved bulk editing of users
    2. Improved suggesting of topics & authors for moderators
    3. Improved converter tool access

Check the 2.5 milestone for a comprehensive changelog of fixes.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

• mattvr
    Participant

@mattvr

Horray!

shally1584
    Participant

@shally1584

Hi @johnjamesjacoby,

I currently have bbpress 2.5.5 installed and the participant role can’t create topics and view/initiate replies. All other forum roles are working just fine. Tried everything: remapping,deactivating all plugins except bbpress, changing the theme (2013,2014 & 2015)….still its not working.I don’t mean to be brash or rude , but are there other options beside these plugins (q&a , user role,bbPress Capabilities)Please help out.Looking forward to your feedback.

Waltteri Turunen
    Participant

@tannermirabel

I have a problem where all the bbpress related caps have been removed from the roles and I can’t add them. I can add and remove other capabilities but not the ones related to bbpress, regardless of the role.

(I’m using User Role Editor Pro)

EastDevonAlliance
    Participant

@eastdevonalliance

I am on 2.5.5 and just created my first topic – but it has disappeared.

There seems to have been a problem in the past of first topics disappearing, not sure if this is a repeat.

Corey – The Theme Foundry
    Participant

@coreymckrill4ttf

After updating from 2.5.4 to 2.5.5, bbp_has_topics() is returning false on our single forum template, and bbp_has_replies() is returning false on our single topic template (both in cases where these functions should be returning true). Nothing in the 2.5.5 changelog seems relevant to this, so I’m at a loss as to what is causing this behavior…

EastDevonAlliance
    Participant

@eastdevonalliance

Well – that would explain the symptoms I am seeing – though I am not using a Theme Foundry template.

Participant

@coreymckrill4ttf

Ok, it looks like the problem is partly in our theme, but there is a change in 2.5.5 not mentioned in the changelog that is triggering the issue. It seems to be related to this:

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2607

We have a check on WP_Query->is_search that is returning true in the topic and reply loops when I believe it should be returning false. The resolution of the above ticket was supposed to fix this same issue…

Participant

@coreymckrill4ttf

It appears that the changesets in the Trac ticket linked above were not included in 2.5.5. I’m guessing we had added them to our 2.5.4 install, assuming they would be included, so the update reverted things.

Stuart Neilson
    Participant

@stufreeze

Any news on allowing the bulk moving of topics to a different forum as this would be a really useful feature?

Rohit Mewada
    Participant

@rohitmewada

After I update BBPress I got an error.
    Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home4/my website/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/common/functions.php on line 1446

Please help to solv. I have no coding knowlage.

kz1039
    Participant

@kz1039

Great, I am new and i am going to install it on my blog.
    Thanks to bbpress.

EastDevonAlliance
    Participant

@eastdevonalliance

There is a plugin available which fixes the problem I described. Please ask if you want details of here to get it.

richkraetsch
    Participant

@richkraetsch

I’m having a very strange issue where when updating to bbpress 2.5.7 the widgets on my right sidebar are only visible to users who are logged in.

If I disable the bbpress plugin, viola, people can see all the widgets again.

How do I fix this issue?

Al
    Participant

@al_bullit

Yup, same issue here with 2.5.7 and widgets. I downgraded back to 2.5.6 and all was well again. 2.5.7 causes a PHP out of memory exception whenever a not logged in user calls a bbpress widget.

loen010
    Participant

@loen010

Hello all,

How can i start a topic on this forum?

I having a major problem with my wordpress site (www . onlinegokforum . nl)
    After the last update (20-4-2015) my site isnt working anymore when i have the bbpress plugin active!?!?!?!

I can only see my site when im logged in

Can someone help me? Thanks in advance

Kindly,
    Alex

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I have logged a trac ticket with the authors

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2790

@loen010 I can’t see any issues with your site, http://www.onlinegokforum.nl/topics/, browsing through various topics works as expected.

@richkraetsch
    and @al_bullit Can you both please create a new separete topic each with a few more details as to your specific site setup, what theme your using, what plugins your using, also what happens when you switch back to the Twenty Fourteen or Twenty Fifteen theme with all other plugins disabled. Also in the new topic let me know what happens after you create a new user, standard participant role, log out, log back in etc, is this user affected by the issue still? (I’d suggest testing that in a “private” browser instance e.g. Google Chrome Incognito)

loen010
    Participant

@loen010

@netweb thanks for looking into it. its true you can browse my site, but thats because i installed a previous version of bbpress. otherwise my site wasnt visible for anyone.

if u want i can put the latest version of bbpress online so u can see what i mean

kindly

Alex

littleapplebigpear
    Participant

@littleapplebigpear

hello, sorry to budge into this convo.. but i don’t know how to start a new topic.. lol

I cant seem to find a solution to this:
    my bbpress only show the comments of the topic creator but unable to show the comments of others who comment on that topic.. please help 🙁

Here is what i am referring about(notice the blank replies other than the topic creator):
    http://sgreview.sg/forums/topic/hai-di-lao-hot-pot/#post-110

Robkk

@robkk

@littleapplebigpear

To create a topic you choose the forum you want to create a topic in from the left forums list.

then you scroll down to the topic form.

to fix your issue.

#bbpress-forums .reply,
    #bbpress-forums .reply:hover {
      color: #000000 !important;
    }

zuxxac
    Participant

@zuxxac

I have the same problem. No solution has not worked

Robkk

@robkk

@zuxxac

tell me what your issue is , and also link to your site.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 2.5.5’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar