Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Where is WordPress "auth" cookie salt in WPMU 2.7.1?

• I have installed my WordPress-MU 2.7 & bbPress1.0.1 and I also try to bridge the cookies between them.

Now the user data is shared by them. But I can’t make the cookie share work.

I have installed “bbPress Integration” plugin for WordPress. I also Copy these from wp-config:

define(‘AUTH_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘NONCE_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘AUTH_SALT’, ‘bliddyblah’);

define(‘LOGGED_IN_SALT’, ‘bliddyblah’);

Put them in bb-config.php with BB_ in front:

define(‘BB_AUTH_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘BB_NONCE_KEY’, ‘blahblah’);

define(‘BB_AUTH_SALT’, ‘bliddyblah’);

define(‘BB_LOGGED_IN_SALT’, ‘bliddyblah’);

But I don’t know what I should fill in bbPress –> Dashboard –> Setting –> WordPress Integration. For example, where is WordPress “auth” cookie salt in WPMU? I also can’t find WordPress “secure auth” cookie salt & WordPress “logged in” cookie salt in my WordPress admin page.

Where can I find them in WPMU?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Just a couple helpers as I’m on the road:

1.) try wp-admin/options.php and do a search on that page for the values you seek.

2.) Install the integration plugin, enter the settings for this plugin directory correctly. Do what it tells you 100%. Things like forum location, and extra defines to put in the config are crucial.

3.) Make sure you actually go into the ‘wordpress integration’ settings option in bb-press’s admin section (bb-admin/).

4.) When adjusting any of these settings, the order of how the app looks at these values is something like (don’t hold me to this, i’m working off of memory here): [option already initialized? starting up then no -> defined in config dot php? no -> Database.]

5.) As long as your doing vanilla HTTP and not doing HTTPS authentication everyting will work out of the box given you do exactly as your told by the apps/plug-ins. HTTPS would be chocolate and you’d have to do something to the integration plug-in to force a ‘secure-auth’ cookie generated. Do a search on this, I’ve covered this in another post.

For example, where is WordPress “auth” cookie salt in WPMU? I also can’t find WordPress “secure auth” cookie salt & WordPress “logged in” cookie salt in my WordPress admin page.

You just listed them.

The WordPress “auth” cookie salt in WPMU is in your wp-config.php file: define('AUTH_SALT', 'bliddyblah');

If you’ve done that correctly, you should see something like this: http://img268.yfrog.com/img268/8247/bbpresssettings.gif

I wiped out my cookies and URL, but you should get the idea.

I find the AUTH_SALT etc. in my wp-config.php file. But I still can’t share the cookies after I have done all stuff.

Here is my bbPress admin image:

http://www.waterlin.org/tmp/bbPress_Cookies_integration.png

I notice that there is on sentence in bbPress document:

https://bbpress.org/documentation/integration-with-wordpress/

Here is the sentence:

This feature requires your WordPress and bbPress installations to exist in the same domain name, or at least in sub-domains of the same domain name.

I install WPMU into the root of my virtual host; then I install bbPress into the path /forum/

I don’t know if bbPress will work when it is in the sub-folder of WPMU?

Hey you need to integrate the cookies using the plugin bbpress Integration for WordPress. Just google it and insert the code the plugin gives you into the wp-config.php and bb-config.php files.

I have already installed the plugin bbPress Integration for WordPress. I can’t find anything wrong during my installation. I think maybe I need to upgrade my WPMU to 2.8.

sign~~

Do you have this in your bb-config.php:

define('WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION', 1);

Only needed if you are running 2.7.1

And he said:

I have already installed the plugin bbPress Integration for WordPress. I can’t find anything wrong during my installation. I think maybe I need to upgrade my WPMU to 2.8.

Which implies that he’s on 2.7.x :)

He also said:

I have already installed the plugin bbPress Integration for WordPress.

which implies that he already added the code, :D

The plugin doesn’t add define('WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION', 1); to your bb-config.php file. It’s very easy to miss that :)

I guess, but you would assume he would have copied and pasted that in if he followed the plugins directons.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar