Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Users Cannot View Own Replies

• alleycakes
    Participant

@alleycakes

I’m having an issue where if a user replies to a topic, they cannot see their own reply. They can see everyone else’s replies though. This happens to administrators as well as participants (I don’t have any other roles in use, so I haven’t checked those.)

All replies show up in the dashboard too… they just can’t be seen on the front-end by the person that created the reply.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Not sure how much help I can be, but can you post a link to a forum thread where this is happening?

and say which replies they can’t see – eg is it all their own replies, or just the first one?

I’d also suggest eliminating conflicts by disabling all the plugins (except bbpress of course!) and seeing if the problem goes away. If it does, re-enable the plugins one by one to see which is causing the conflict.

if the plugins are not the issue, then change to a default theme such as twentytwelve and see if it still occurs

alleycakes
    Participant

@alleycakes

Actually, I found a thread that explains the issue better than I could when I first posted this. I’ve also updated it with more info:

New topics and replies not showing, freshness incorrect

It’s very strange.

Robin W

@robin-w

Would be worth a try at

Dashboard>tools>forums and click the first 6 with “recalculate” as the start

It may be that it’s out of sync somewhere

alleycakes
    Participant

@alleycakes

Just tried your suggestion and am still experiencing the same issue.

alleycakes
    Participant

@alleycakes

Figured out the issue finally!

Even though I had disabled WP Super Cache (along with the rest of my plugins) to see if that was the culprit, it seems it was still doing SOMETHING in the background. Here’s what I had to do:

Uninstalled the plugin completely. FTPed in and made sure that wp-content/advanced-caching.php and wp-content/wp-cache-config.php were deleted along with everything else during uninstall.

Opened up wp-config.php and deleted the two lines that were added by WP Super Cache (they’re noted and pretty obvious anyway).

This seems to have done the trick. 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re sorted!

anmari
    Participant

@anmari

Thank you – that was it for my missing replies problem too. It was only me who couldnt see my own replies and while super cache no longer active, it was still installed. Deleted it and the lines in wp-config and voila i could now see own replies.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re now fixed!

TTTonWP
    Participant

@tttonwp

I have the same issue of not seeing replies.

Based on this thread I uninstalled WP Total Cache plugin.

Also I found w3tc-config folder via ftp and deleted that.

I looked in wp-config and did not see any references to caching.

I still cannot see any replies. Any ideas? Thanks.

TTTonWP
    Participant

@tttonwp

Update..

I have no cache related files/plugins/etc.

I have disabled all plugins one at a time and none were causing the issue.

The issue appears to be related to the inFocus_BuddyPress_Child_Theme which has replaced inFocus as a solution – it is not working either.

bbPress is working fine with WP 2012, 2013, 2014 themes and BusinessPro theme.

Anyone resolve this issue with inFocus or know how to troubleshoot/customize the theme?

Robkk

@robkk

@tttonwp

well i guess you pinpointed the issue was your theme.

contact theme author for support for this issue.

because i think this is a paid theme.

pierrelapalu
    Participant

@pierrelapalu

I had this same issue, some of my users couldn’t see others replies. I didn’t have a Cache plugin whatsoever.

What I do have is the “Capability Manager Enhanced” plugin. I had the option “Use create_posts capability” checked. When I unchecked it, everybody could see others users replies. So, this may happen also.

Robkk

@robkk

@pierrelapalu

Thanks for sharing that. 🙂

pauguerrero
    Participant

@pauguerrero

I had the same problem and did as said in WordPress.org forum:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-stop-cache-on-specific-folder?replies=2

problem solved and no need to disable WP Super Cache

at least, by now, it worked.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar