Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Updated to Desmond But Theme Not Working

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

There is no activation required. Any .php file in the my-plugins folder will just work.

So says Trent (and I believe him):

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/714?replies=9#post-4462

Ok thanks…

I installed that plug in for the wrong headed slashes but it is still same.

I cant see my site styled on FF2…

<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”http://chezmauricekusadasi.comyeniforum/bb-templates/kakumei/style.css&#8221; type=”text/css” />

I think this problem is about my server, i mean the software that my server use. Because i couldnt see any mistake in the config file, but i have realized something, if i could find BBPATH, the codes which create this variable, i would be able to fix the problem…

Thanks

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Kirkk: that is what the plugin is supposed to do, I think: turn the slashes around. When you pasted the code into that file, did it have line numbers? You should use the plain text version here:

https://trac.bbpress.org/attachment/ticket/575/path-to-url.2.php

Is the my-plugins directory readable (0755 permissions) and the file is readable by the webserver (0644 permissions at least)?

Also, I don’t know the answer to this question, but should it have the .2. in the file name, or should the file be named path-to-url.php? I don’t know if the filename matters at all. I know there was a version one without the 2 in the filename.

Keep plugging away. You’ll get it.

I did everything but it is still the same :/

Tomorrow i will try it on a different server and with different directory path. If i can, i will write you the reason …

Thanks everyone…

Sorry, I should have done this sooner for you (just been crazy busy!). Create a file called whatever you want, but I recommend path-to-url.php and put the following in it and upload it to /my-plugins/ directory:

<?php

function fix_bb_path_to_url( $url ) {
    $url = str_replace(array('//', '\\'), array('/', '\'), $url);
    return preg_replace( '|:/([^/])|', '://$1', $url );
    }

add_filter( 'bb_path_to_url', 'fix_bb_path_to_url', 1, -1 );

?>

That might work with the stylesheet issue. Let me know

Trent

I’m having a similar problem.

I’ve uploaded my custom theme to /my-templates/mytheme

The default theme is in /bb-templates/kakumei/

The site is working fine, but I see this error: “Theme not found. Default theme applied.” And I cannot switch to my custom theme. The reason is in the URL to the custom theme in the presentation>themes panel:

http:// forum.mybbpress.com/bb-admin/themes.php? theme=C:\WWW\PUBLIC\forums.mybbpress.com/ bb-templates/mytheme/&_wpnonce=36ec0251eb

Obviously that URL won’t work. I’ve uploaded both plugins above. Neither worked. How do I fix the URL to mytheme?

To fix this, i have uploaded all my files and directories without installing them on localhost… First, i uploaded wordpress to my web server and installed it then uploaded bbpress and installed it on web server…

… before of that “above” , i had installed both of them on my localhost then i had uploaded them to my web-server, but that moment i had problems with slashes. Because there is an confusing section about slashes between the normal windows and web server…

And i recommend that do not change the folder name of your “bbpress” after u upload it to your web server . I tried it two or three times after i installed both of my wordpress and bbpress on my web server, it caused slashes to head backwards…

Now i have solved all my problems :)

forward to hearing from you with the same :)

(sorry for my english if i made any mistake, it is not my first language)

I think my problem is slightly different though since bbpress is incorrectly mixing the directory path with the URL and adding extra slashes.

spencerp

@spencerp

Just a note, and it would be nice if this was FIXED in core soon please! I currently just did a fresh install of the TRUNK on localhost, and have the same problem as Kirkk here:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/700?replies=36#post-4849

Stylesheet URL is this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://localhostforum/bb-templates/kakumei/style.css" type="text/css" />

That plugin Trent posted is applied, and is NOT working… Please, fix this issue soon guys.. ;) :) And by the way, no, my localhost copy of the forums are still borked.. >_<

And course! My config.php file settings are right.. I’ve done this numerous of times before.. wheee! Even used the original config.php file from before, when it was installed before and working.. she still borked regardless sigh..

spencerp

spencerp

@spencerp

Dang, I just re-read what I said last time. I swear folks… I wasn’t drinking when I wrote that lmao! But yes, It’s still borked gerd damn its!!! Anyone with a possible fix (solution) … thanks?!

I’d like to get Chelsea working here soon!! Wheee!

spencerp

Fakey

@wyday

I’ll second that, spencerp, the paths are all screwy on localhost installs on Windows machines. It works fine on linux, though.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What is bbPress used for when installed locally on a Windows machine? Is that just a test environment?

spencerp

@spencerp

Yeah, I setup Xampp Lite on my computer to be able to run WordPress and bbPress. Then I modify things, and play with it on the localhost before uploading things to my live sites/forums..

spencerp

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What OS is the live site/server running? I have always had problems testing on platforms other than the final one, even from linux to linux, with things like PHP and MySQL versions. So, the testing I did never seemed worth it. Why not set up a subfolder or subdomain on the live host and play there, to eliminate variables?

I think the developers could better use their resources making bbPress work in production environments (MS and *nix) rather than on localhost. There seem to be quite a few path/slashconfig issues getting it running on localhost.

spencerp

@spencerp

Here’s one site’s informations:

http://spencerp.net/blah.php

Yeah, I’ve played on the live environments before. Sub domains and such. However, I’m also on crap dial-up connections and don’t always have time to be online. Also, since there is only ONE phone line in the house and the family using the line .. it sucks.

But this issue wasn’t that bad before, it just started up I think the past few times of fondling the bbPress software. They need to fix this shit, and once it’s working good.. leave it the hell alone! LoL! =P

spencerp

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Do you have any issues transitioning from a desktop environment to a server environment (as I did, with MySQL and PHP versions and configs and such)?

How about installing a linux distro in house since your server is linux also?

spencerp

@spencerp

Do you have any issues transitioning from a desktop environment to a server environment (as I did, with MySQL and PHP versions and configs and such)?

To tell you the truth, I didn’t have any issues going from my Xampp Lite localhost copies, straight to my live servers. I just find it odd though that this whole time of running that bbPress on the localhost, and just applying the SVN updated files from time to time. It was fine..

It was only when I installed it fresh, with the latest copies of Trunk that it gave me this problem. I SVN CO the trunk on my other new domain via SSH and it went smoothly… no troubles though, I guess that’s to be expected. Hmm.. I’ll have to look into the problem a little deeper.

I’m trying to when I have the time, but with being so busy.. it’s hard taking a gander at it…sigh.

Geesh, didn’t even think of that, or try it. Thanks for that, I’ll have to give it a go then. ;) :)

spencerp

Fakey

@wyday

That’s a temporary solution, but once bbPress goes final and gets publicity the likes of WordPress, this Windows/localhost problem will need to be addressed.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Is there a problem on Windows servers, or just on localhost on Windows?

Of course my suggestion is only a temporary solution. But I am of the belief that the QA or dev server should be the same configuration as the production server, to eliminate the possibility of bugs being introduced when you go live. Installing this on localhost on a Windows desktop machine and ‘making it work’ when your production site is on a linux server seems to me like too much work.

With bbPress still being beta, I’m not too worried about it. WordPress 1.0-RC1 was released somewhere around Jan 1 2004. Their version before that, 0.72 beta1 was released in August 2003. There’s certainly time to get it right.

nanome

@nanome

Testing bbpress on localhost (xampp, windows) and viewing with firefox I get the same error in the stylesheet link.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://localhost/leebbpress/bb-templates/kakumei/style.css" type="text/css" />

Created the plugin as Trent suggested but that didn’t solve the problem. Played around with the code a bit and now it does work.

Here is my hacked version.

<?php

function fix_bb_path_to_url( $url ) {
    $url = str_replace(array('//', '\\', '\'), array('/', '\', '/'), $url);
    return preg_replace( '|:/([^/])|', '://$1', $url );
    }

add_filter( 'bb_path_to_url', 'fix_bb_path_to_url', 1, -1 );

?>

Only difference is adding ‘\’ to the str_replace.

ghoulash

@ghoulash

Nanome, UBD Man! (or woman, whatever)

That fix, as path-to-url.php in the my-plugins directory, did the trick immediately. Thanks for the hack.

nanome

@nanome

Last time I checked (about a minute ago :) ) I was still a man.

Glad it worked for you as well.

Since I only downloaded BBpress today this hack comes with “use at own risk warning”. Don’t know what other effects it may have on other parts of the script. Saying that, it works ok for me so far.

ghoulash

@ghoulash

It does seem to be wreaking havoc with some of the other slashes and paths, particularly within the Admin panel.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar