Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics and Replies ERROR : Are you sure to do that ?

• oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

Hello, this is my second ost in this forum. I install bbpress plugin in my wordpress website and when i want to post topics or replies in my Front-End i get ERROR : Are you sure to do that ?.

Please i need your help

Wordpress version: 4.2.2
    bbPress version: 2.5.7
    Template version : Dream theme The7.2

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

Thank Robin W for your link. I do all instructions in this topic but the issue is not fixes. I disable all my plugins except bbpress, also i change my default template for wordpress default theme but i get same error.

You don’t have another solution ?

Robin W

@robin-w

did you try

Dashboard>settings>permalinks. Don’t change anything, but just click save. This resets the permalinks, and can solve some 404 errors.

oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

yes, i tried it. I can create new topics or replies in my Back-End, but i can’t do it in my Front-End side. In bbpress forum i’am a keymaster

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so with all plugins except bppress deactivated, and a default theme such as twentyten you cannot create new topics at the front end – yes?

If so is this a new bbpress installation?

oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

Yes all is right except that i can post topics or replies in my front-end. I used the last version of bpress (2.5.7) and when i install 2.5, 2.4, 2.3, 2.2 i get the same error. But when i install a 2.1 version the issue is fixed.

Robin W

@robin-w

is this a new bbpress installation?

oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

Yes. i use a new bbpress installation (2.5.7)

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I’d suggest you start again.

Delete the bbpress database by :

Dashboard>tools>forums>reset forums

then deactivate and delete the plugin

Then reinstall

oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

i reset all my forums, delete plugin and reinstall them. I get the same error. I don’t know what i can do to fixe my issue.

oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

Please @Robin Win can you give me a link for another plugin to build a forum.

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress works with a default theme.

If you have done a fresh install to a default theme with no other plugins, then it should work.

Beyond that I cannot help further – sorry

oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

ok thank Robin for your help.

oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

Hello Robin, in bbpress replies folder, i have a php file functions.php. When i edit this file, in bbp_new_topic_handler i have this function

// Nonce check
    if ( ! bbp_verify_nonce_request( 'bbp-new-topic' ) ) {
    bbp_add_error( 'bbp_new_topic_nonce', __( '<strong>ERROR</strong>: Are you sure you wanted to do that?', 'bbpress' ) );
    return;
    }

I think that it’s the problem.

Robin W

@robin-w

that’s just the file where the code to show that error is.

Are you developing on a local server?

oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

no i’m on my online server

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, that ruled out another thing.

Sorry, I’m out of suggestions to try

oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

@Robkk

Thank for your solution. but i don’t have permission to do that.

guillaume
    Participant

@gui-n

@oyeben6
    Hello Oyeben6, i have the same issue than you. Have you find any solution to solve this problem ?

I have the latest version of wordpress and BBpress, Twenty Fifteen as a principal theme, no other plugin working, reinstalled everything 2 times, changed the permalinks but work locally.

Thanks for your kind answer and have a nice day

Guillaume

oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

@gui-n

Hello Guillaume, no i don’t find a solution to solve my issue. BBpress default port is 80, so normally bbpress work in local.

guillaume
    Participant

@gui-n

#oyeben6 thanks for your answer. I still have the problem locally. If somebody finds a solution please give us a feedback. Cheers 🙂

Guillaume

Rizkyandika88
    Participant

@rizkyandika88

i have same problem error: are you on you wanted to do that when i want to added a new topic. i work in local server xampp. Please help me

oyeben6
    Participant

@oyeben6

Hello @Rizkyandika88, are you able to post new topic from your back end ?

Advansys
    Participant

@advansys

While this post is old, I came across this issue when using XAMPP and found the solution here: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/error-are-you-sure-you-wanted-to-do-that-3/#post-142468. Once I updated my theme’s function.php file with the suggested method, all worked correctly for my local XAMPP website instance.

BTW, before adding the fix above, when attempting to create a topic or reply, I did not see any error message, in fact no message at all. The page simply reloaded and left the pending topic or reply text sitting inertly on the screen in front of me…

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar