Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

There has to be something wrong here… “Oh bother! No topics were found here!”

• ronc0011
    Participant

@ronc0011

this is what I get when I navigate to my forums.
    “This forum contains 3 topics and 1 reply, and was last updated by ronc0011 12 seconds ago.”
    Immediately followed by…
    “Oh bother! No topics were found here!”
    I’m just not understanding what is happening here. I have in fact created new topics and replies to the new forum but the items below are the only hint that they exist at all. The only things clickable in those lines are the username and the “12 seconds ago” bits. None of which shows you anything that could pass for the content I created when I made the topics or replies.

“This forum contains 3 topics and 1 reply, and was last updated by ronc0011 12 seconds ago.”
    Immediately followed by…
    “Oh bother! No topics were found here!”

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• ronc0011
    Participant

@ronc0011

I’m working on my third install of bbpress and still having the same problem I have already deleted 2 previous copies of WordPress and bbpress simply because I don’t seem to be able to getthem to work.

It is looking like I have made some progress though. Where as I was simply getting an empty page I am at least getting a list of forums and even a notice i.e.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by ronc0011 4 minutes ago.

Followed by …

Reply To: My first working topic ever

Which is of course the title of my first reply.

The only thing in any of this is my username and the 4 minutes ago part. I’m not seeing anything that looks even sort of like a forum only a couple of notices that tell me there are forums and topics but forget attempting to actually see those topics or replies.

ronc0011
    Participant

@ronc0011

Sorry, I didn’t mention that those parts i.e. my username and the 4 minuets part are the only things clickable.

When I created those topics and replies I did actually enter some text / content which is the part I was thinking the main pages should take me to. the parts I should actually be able to see.

ronc0011
    Participant

@ronc0011

Some further background… I’m running this on my local desktop with Apache 2.4, MySQL 5.0 PHP 5.5.36
    and WordPress 4.6

Also have installed Buddypress but after issues with bbpress I have deactivated Buddypress which made no decernable difference at all. Also this is a pretty much sterile install, these are the only 2 plugins that have been added i.e. Buddypress & bbpress and as I noted Buddypress is not active at present.

Robkk

@robkk

I just merged your two created topics since they are pretty much the same, but you just detailed different information for each.

Have you set any forums as private through bbPress, or are they all set as public?

Have you tried running the repair tools in Tools > Forums, and made sure to run each tool one at a time?

Have made sure to clear any cache from any plugins you have, or made sure they are set up correctly?

P4R4NORM4L
    Participant

@p4r4norm4l

i have the same problem as you

i have 1 forum and 1 topic associated to it but i can’t see the topic using WordPress 4.6.1

Robkk

@robkk

Are you guys running any membership framework plugins as well. Like paid memberships pro or s2 member?

P4R4NORM4L
    Participant

@p4r4norm4l

My theme only has visual composer installed. I deactivated all other plugins that were unnecessary but it worked in the past i don’t think this is causing the topics not showing up.

Robkk

@robkk

@p4r4norm4l

Have you tried the solutions in this topic. I think your issues are kind of similar.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/first-post-not-showing-3/#post-177978

P4R4NORM4L
    Participant

@p4r4norm4l

That did fix it… why make a plugin instead of fixing it in the plugin itself?

Robkk

@robkk

Robin made the plugin awhile ago. bbPress devs made a fix awhile ago, but slated it into 2.6 instead of a 2.5 point release.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2607

P4R4NORM4L
    Participant

@p4r4norm4l

ah ok

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar