Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Searching Problem

• jlarsen01
    Participant

@jlarsen01

When I do a search in the forum with one word it works fine…. but if I do a search with multiple words I get this message.

404 – File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Check to see if this is theme specific or see if changing the forum search slug is causing this.

https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/troubleshooting/

jlarsen01
    Participant

@jlarsen01

The link didn’t help… 🙁

When I do a search in BBPress with a single word like “Computer” if works fine… but when I add “Computer Test” in the BBPress search it puts a “+” symbol between Computer and test in the URL string. If I remove the “+” and just use a space or a %20 it works fine.

bobjgarrett
    Participant

@bobjgarrett

I have this same problem. I have tried the solution of changing to a standard theme and to copying the content-search.php file to a folder within the current theme.
    It works for a single word but as soon as I try two words I get “The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.”

Any suggestions?

Robin W

@robin-w

link to an example on your site please

bobjgarrett
    Participant

@bobjgarrett

At present the site is in development behind a firewall so I cannot share it, though this should change next week as I bring it live but then a username and password will be needed.
    However, what I have identified is that when a two word search is made the resulting URL is
    …/forums/search/worda+wordb/
    This produces the error.
    However if I change the URL to
    /forums/search/holding%20tank/
    It then works so the code is inserting the wrong word separator.

This seems to have been quoted before https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/forum-search-form-widget-space-between-words-returns-a-404/
    Though that was some years ago.

I have already tried a standard theme.
    Does this provide any clues?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, all I can say is that it works on my test site.

I am not a bbpress author, just a guy sat in his kitchen trying to help others

bobjgarrett
    Participant

@bobjgarrett

Sounds like me except, not the kitchen! Maybe it will work when I move it to a live site.

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar