Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove Category Hyperlink?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

given previous experience of one line questions – can you try and write a bit more about quite what you want to do with bbpress.

ajiaim
    Participant

@ajiaim

When you add Forums inside a category that category contains a hyperlink and when you click on it, it goes to a page that shows all of the Forums in the category.
    I am trying to remove that link from all categories.

For example:
    You have a category called Web.
    Inside Web you have the Forums: WordPress, SEO, Programming

When you go to the BBPress page (http://www.YourWebsite.com.au/forum) you will see…
    Web
    WordPress
    SEO
    Programming

Currently Web links to http://www.YourWebsite.com.au/forums/forum/web which then displays
    Breadcrumb: Forums › Web

Forum:
    WordPress
    SEO
    Programming

I hope that made more sense

snowheal
    Participant

@snowheal

hey guys, anyone found about that topic pls? I have same issue. thank you a lot

cristilupchian
    Participant

@cristilupchian

Hi guys – I know this is an old thread – but how can we remove the hyperlinks from the forum categories. If someone clicks on the category it will display the same boxes as for a forum but no discussions or topic can be added as it is a category. I am looking for a way to disable that – is it possible?

Thank you in advance!

Robin W

@robin-w

ok so

find
    wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php

transfer this to your pc and edit

find

<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_forum_title' ); ?>

<a class="bbp-forum-title" href="<?php bbp_forum_permalink(); ?>"><?php bbp_forum_title(); ?></a>

<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_forum_title' ); ?>

and replace with

<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_before_forum_title' ); ?>

<?php if  (!bbp_is_forum_category( bbp_get_forum_id())){ ?>

<a class="bbp-forum-title" href="<?php bbp_forum_permalink(); ?>"><?php bbp_forum_title(); ?></a>

<?php } else { ?>

<div class="bbp-forum-title"> <?php bbp_forum_title();?> </div>
    		<?php }
    		?>

<?php do_action( 'bbp_theme_after_forum_title' ); ?>

and save

create a directory on your theme called ‘bbpress’
    ie wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress

where %your-theme-name% is the name of your theme

Then transfer the file you saved above and put in in the directory called bbpress that you created above, so you end up with
    wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php

bbPress will now use this template instead of the original

you will probably need to add some styling to the class “bbp-forum-title”

cristilupchian
    Participant

@cristilupchian

I can’t thank you enough. I am so grateful – thank you very much for the in-depth explanation and the script provided. It worked like a charm!

You rock.
    Thanks again!

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed !!

jason4locations
    Participant

@jason975

Is there an easier way, like with a plugin?

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, no

jason4locations
    Participant

@jason975

Can things that are done with PHP usually also be done with CSS? I’m assuming the instructions given above involved PHP. The reason why I’m asking is because it seems easy to use Dashboard: Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS, but I don’t know if that would work. While PHP might be just as easy as CSS for some, CSS seems a lot easier to me.

If that isn’t possible, is there a page that describes how to do it the PHP way for beginners? That would be helpful, because I don’t know things like where to find wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php, how to create a directory, how to transfer files, whether %your-theme-name% is Twenty Twenty or if I have to give it my own name, or if doing any of the above will interfere with the bbp Style Pack plugin.

Thanks!

jason4locations
    Participant

@jason975

I’m going to try the Code Snippets plugin. Please let me know if I am on the right track.

jason4locations
    Participant

@jason975

There was a critical error on my website, and now I can’t get to the log in screen. My site is at dancing4locations.org. I’m using version 5.5.5 of WordPress, and version 2.6.6 of bbPress.

jason4locations
    Participant

@jason975

I got back in, but I had to use what is called safe mode, which means that I am still trying to get that code to work.

anterus
    Participant

@anterus

Would someone know a simpler way for non-developers?

jason4locations
    Participant

@jason975

I got back in, but then I got messages that said “There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions” whenever I clicked on Dashboard and a lot of the other things, even while using ?snippets-safe-mode=true (which I can tell you about if you’re interested). So, maybe I’m not in. I don’t know if the problem was only because of how I used the Code Snippets plugin, or if it was because of how I used it with bbPress.

jason4locations
    Participant

@jason975

I don’t know if it is bad to ask this question in two places, but if I can turn on error reporting using a plugin, would you please recommend a plugin?

jason4locations
    Participant

@jason975

Should I give updates here about how debugging is going, or does the error have nothing to do with bbPress?

jason4locations
    Participant

@jason975

I got back into my site using my host’s control panel, but I’m still trying to make the hyperlinks go away.

Thank you, Anterus, that is a good way to ask the question.

jason4locations
    Participant

@jason975

Sorry, even though I navigated around a lot, I didn’t realize how the hyperlinks worked, and now I think it is better with them.

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Joel mohanraj
    Participant

@joel-mohanraj

Hi,

I know some PHP. I want to remove the hyperlink from forum topics. So it won’t go to the inner page of forum topics.

Please help me to do this. Or, just let me know the correct file to edit.

Thank you.
    Joel

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, not sure which exact part you want to replace.

so is this the links in the forum list of topics? or everywhere or what?

Joel mohanraj
    Participant

@joel-mohanraj

Yes, for example, on this page https://bbpress.org/forums/ I want to remove all topics links. So it will just have a dummy # link

Robin W

@robin-w

@joel-mohanraj
    find
    wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php

transfer this to your pc and edit

so you will want to take the link out of line 34

and save

create a directory on your theme called ‘bbpress’
    ie wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress

where %your-theme-name% is the name of your theme

Then transfer the file you saved above and put in in the directory called bbpress that you created above, so you end up with
    wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php

bbPress will now use this template instead of the original

amending the freshness will require you to amend the bbp_get_forum_freshness_link function. if you are familiar with filters you can use the filter on line 585 of \includes\forums and a str_replace to take out the link

Joel mohanraj
    Participant

@joel-mohanraj

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have done first 2 steps. For the third step, you mentioned about this code

` return apply_filters( ‘bbp_get_forum_freshness_link’, $anchor, $forum_id, $time_since, $link_url, $title, $active_id );
    }

Please let me know how to change this.

Thank you,
    Joel.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar