Categories
Search
Bottom

Notify me of follow-up replies via email default behavior

• boriskamp1991
    Participant

@boriskamp1991

hi!

can I set the default behavior of the Notify me of follow-up replies via email button when posting to the forum or whatsoever?
    I would like it to be checked by default.
    Im pretty sure i could write some JS to do this on page load but was wondering if you guys have some built in solution for this?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

boriskamp1991
    Participant

@boriskamp1991

Perfect! thanks @robin-w

geog272
    Participant

@geog272

Hey there, I just tried to install the plugin and I got:

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

I’m a newbie so I might be doing something wrong? I just downloaded it and then browsed to the file from the add plugins part of my dashboard.

Thanks in advance.

Robkk

@robkk

Bunch of plugins can do this.

This one also has auto subscribe to topics too.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-auto-subscribe-for-new-topics-and-replies/

geog272
    Participant

@geog272

Perfect! Thank you!

SteveW928
    Participant

@stevew928

Thanks Robin! (and Robkk) (I just ran across this looking for a solution too.)

I guess my question though… why isn’t this the default behavior in general?

It’s pretty much how BBSs have worked since Internet and email have been around.
    (Sorry to sound a bit snarky, but I sometimes wonder if people developing social media and newer BBS systems have even used the tried & true stuff that’s been around forever. Subscription and notification functionality are kind of 1.0 stuff, IMO. And, I know it’s a lot of development work… but even Facebook – with their army of developers – doesn’t seem to get this. So, I have to wonder if it isn’t more oversight than workload oriented.)

DevynCJohnson
    Participant

@devyncjohnson

Why not add the below code to the theme’s functions.php file?

//Subscribe by default
    function subscribed_by_default(){
    echo '<script type="text/javascript">jQuery("#bbp_topic_subscription").prop("checked","checked");</script>';
    }
    add_filter('bbp_theme_after_topic_form_subscriptions','subscribed_by_default');
    add_filter('bbp_theme_after_reply_form_subscription','subscribed_by_default');

Simon Kelly
    Participant

@renegadeempire

Nice one @devyncjohnson that works well, thanks!

TreeTrail
    Participant

@aprilschmitt27

It may be 8 years later, but this is extremely valuable to me @devyncjohnson. Thank you!

//Subscribe by default
    function subscribed_by_default(){
    echo ‘<script type=”text/javascript”>jQuery(“#bbp_topic_subscription”).prop(“checked”,”checked”);</script>’;
    }
    add_filter(‘bbp_theme_after_topic_form_subscriptions’,’subscribed_by_default’);
    add_filter(‘bbp_theme_after_reply_form_subscription’,’subscribed_by_default’);

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar